851 West Genesee Street, Skaneateles, New York, 13152, United States

Mirbeau Inn & Spa
Travelocity Otel.com

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Sooooo relaxing.....

This is the one to choose if you are into a romantic getaway.

If you go for the works, you get room for the weekend, valet service to make you feel special, luxurious bedding and bath wear to make you comfortable, high-quality sound system, body amenities, heated spa and sauna, training room equipment, massage and facial, room service, pantry entrees.... all for a paltry $1000.

So save up your pennies and have a great time.

(I'm too old to appreciate all the luxury but my daughter and son-in-law thought it was the cat's meow)

Unique Quality: personal attention to the max

Directions: US-5/20 Skaneateles, see the signs near Franklin Street

More about Mirbeau Inn and Spa

Mirbeau was simply Amazing

Mirbeau was simply amazing. I just went there this weekend with my friends. We had an amazing time. the food was perfect. people were very nice and all around service was good too. From reading these other reviews it looks like they had read them as well and worked on their customer service. Excellent place to get away for a romantic and relaxing weekend. would definitly go back.

Thanksgiving at Mirbeau Inn

by TripAdvisor Member cheddy

We recently spent four days at the Mirbeau Inn and Spa over Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th-28th). The Inn is quite lovely and the service was excellent. The reason for 4 stars rather than 5 was that our room was actually designed for a disabled person, and while it would have been perfect for someone who fit that description, my wife and I are not. As such, the shower was only shoulder height (and you couldn't adjust it higher) as it was designed for someone in a wheelchair. The other unfortunate thing was that there was the odd, strange, and rather loud noise which occurred at ANY time, which again was rather annoying. I'm hoping that this was isolated to our room (#111) as the rest of the room and Inn were really Very nice; great bed, patio, linen, etc. The Spa treatments were quite good (acording to my wife, who had two). As for the restaurant, the food was good but a tad expensive. If you get a chance, one of the best restaurants in all of Skaneateles is next door at Rosalines. Joe's Garage is quite good as well, but is smaller, brighter, louder and just not the dining experience of Rosalines. All and all, I definitely would go back, but would requrest a different room! Keep in mind we were staying at the main lodge and not in the separate cottages, which looked very nice as well but we never had a chance to see the rooms.

Not the best Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member JLOSyracuse

Every year we book a night away in order to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.

We booked this in July. One night is $179.00.

I went on Mirbeau's Website 5 days prior to our stay and the price dropped to $99.00 for the night and room we were to stay in. Three days prior to our stay the price was $119.00. I decided to call Mirbeau and see if they would compensate us in any way. I spoke with someone in reservations and they said "Absolutely Not". I asked them a few times if they wanted to compensate us at all and they flat out refused. At this point we were unable to cancel as you need to do so 7 days prior to your stay.

To top it all off when we were leaving in the moring there was bill on the door for another $24.00 for occupancy tax etc... Which we were not told about when we booked.

Therefore it was over $200 for one night and they did not want to do anything for us since the price dropped so much.

We chose not to Eat at Mirbeau for dinner on Firday night October 29th. We ate at Rosalies Cucina. It is Awesome. I would definitely reccomend Rosalies.

Needless to say we will not be going back to Mirbeau I think they need to have better customer service and compensate people if the price drops so much!!!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Kapow

My husband and I just stayed at the Mirbeau for our anniversary - and we loved it! We live just outside of New York City and the Mirbeau is the perfect distance for a short get-away. The customer service was fantastic – our room was lovely – and the place is just beautiful! We loved our large room, fireplace, view of the garden and large soaking tub. The spa was very nice and fairly reasonable. The in house restaurant has fantastic exquisite food but it is a bit on the pricey side. The town of Skaneateles is a cute as can be with several reasonable restaurants. I would recommend this place as a perfect romantic weekend get away.

Can be rude.

I agree with some of the previous comments. Before saying welcome to Mirbeau or anything the clerk asked for your credit card. I was taken back by the welcome. Very bad way to start the visit! I also agree the spa services were as if you were making plans to book a wedding. Their cancellation policy is terrible. They could use some serious improvements in customer service. The Inn has great potential but it is scarred by terrible customer service and attitude.

Nice, but missed the "little touches" ...

I recently visited the Mirbeau Inn for 2 nights prior to Thanksgiving 2004 (November 22 & 23). It was very nice, but I travel a LOT and found myself missing some of the "little touches" that other 4 star hotels, inns and resorts offer. Yes, you may say these are trivial and tiny details, and most travellers would not even notice, but being the seasoned traveller that I am, they really WERE noticeable to me. The bathroom only had 2 bath towels (and 2 hand towels, and 2 washcloths). I really missed the other 2 bath towels! (Other 4 star hotels ... even Holiday Inns, for that matter, give you the standard "4"). There was nothing to read in the room. I had brought a book, but other 4 star hotels have an assortment of current magazines in the guest rooms. There was no bottled water. Yes, you could order it from room service, but other 4 stars provide you with complimentary bottled water in your room (usually 1 bottle per guest per night). Also, no mini bar, so if you want a little snack in the evening, you must order room service. (I actually went out down the road to the mini mart and purchased some bottled water and a tiny package of cookies for a bedtime snack). I did not dine in the restaurant at Mirbeau, but did order room service one morning and found it to be VERY expensive ($48 for eggs, bacon, toast, juice, and coffee). I had dinner one evening just down the road in the Village at the Sherwood Inn in their old English coachstop-style tavern. That was WONDERFUL, and very reasonably priced. I enjoyed several spa treatments at Mirbeau's Spa while I was there, and I found that to be very relaxing with no details missing. While I enjoyed my stay at Mirbeau Inn, I was not dazzled enough to go back, and will instead try someplace new next time around.

Great experience...ignore the negative reviews

I don't know who these people are that are so down on Mirbeau. I work in the hotel business and I have to say that the service was impeccable and I didn't detect the slightest air of haughtiness. The spa was well done and very deserving of their 4-star rating. As far as being overpriced, maybe for the pedicure (which was around $70.00). However, I will say it was the most thorough pedicure I've seen, including foot massage, exfoliation, parrafin dip, the works. And $99 for a one-hour Swedish massage? I don't know where these people are getting massages but that's pretty cheap in my book, especially considering that the rest of the spa facilities are included in the price. We had dinner at the Japanese place in town, Kabuki. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had, bar none. And for those on a budget, the prices were great.

Nice, but not great

by TripAdvisor Member BVI_Visitor

Stayed at Mirbeau a few weeks ago. Accomodations and Spa were very nice. However, I agree with a few of the previous comments that some of staff can be rude and and stand-offish. Upon making a spa appt, I was made to feel that I was making a huge impostion on the person who was booking the appts. Also, when confirming our room reservation over the phone, I inquired about different rates and packages. etc., being offered - the attitude was pretty much we don't need to do anything special for you becuase they did not need my business anyway, and she all but said those exact words. Unfortunatley, it was too late for me to cancel our reservations, otherwise I might have. Because the room and the spa were so nice, we may or may not try it again. But, becuase they obviously don't need my business, the 4-day exec meeting we were considering holding at this location will now be at a different resort where they are more than happy to have our business - whether they need it or not.

Finger Lakes Region

by modsquads

"The Wineries"

There are dozens of wineries up here, all you have to do is drive on the roads that run along the lakes, and they are one after the other. The wines are generally whites, very light and fruity, even the reds are sweet. Most of the wineries have info maps of the area that you can take with you to plan your trip. Although each lake has wineries, the southern end of Seneca Lake has the most.

"Great B&B"

The Sutherland House in Canandaigua was better than I thought it would be. It was extremely cozy, our room had both a 2 person jacuzzi and a fireplace with sitting area. The little touches were what made this place special, there were chocolates, cookies, and hot water for tea placed throughout the house. It was situated just outside oftown, and our room was about $180/night.

"Cayuga Lake"

Cayuga Lake State Park is at the north tip of the lake. It was a nice drive along the west side of Cauga Lake from Ithaca, stopping for a wine tasting along the way.

"Skyland Farm"

This was a cute little place to stop for lunch (to soak up all that wine!), relax, and shop. The cafe serves soups, salads & sandwiches,and 2 floors of locally made crafts, ceramics and the like. It is also a farm, and has lovely flowers and herb gardens. Located on the southern tip of Seneca Lake, on the East side, on Route414 in Burdett.

"Wagner Microbrewery"

Theres only so much wine you can taste, so we tried a local brewery. They had tastings as well, and we found the beer was better than the wine! This photo was taken from the deck overlooking Seneca Lake, where we enjoyed pints while watching the sunset.

"Sherwood Inn"

This Inn and tavern, located in Skaneateles, has been here since the 1800's, and the decor has been maintained beautifully. The room had peroid furniture and a stunning fireplace, and is located directly across from the lake, offering lakefront views. The Inn has 2 restaurants, one is a bit more formal, the other is the tavern. The breakfast is buffet, and quite extensive, the staff is warm and welcoming. 26 W. Genessee St., Skaneateles

"Spa Mirbeau"

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING! It is also a hotel, (a very pricey one!) but the spa there is the most luxurious experience i've ever had. I treated myself to a body wrap for my 30th birthday, and i felt like royalty! The best part is, you can use the spa facilities all day after your treatment. They have a eucalyptus steam room, an incredible water terrace, sauna, and a grecian-style sitting room where you relax while you wait to be called for your appointment. Located at 851 W. Genessee St. Skaneateles.

"Seneca Lake State Park"

Just driving the roads that amble along the shores of any of the lakes, you are bound to find parks and vistas worthy of pulling over to enjoy. It makes the journey a bit long, but it was a great time of year to be upstate.

Comments