Doubletree Hotel Tarrytown

See Amenities
FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Sleepy Hollow Accomodations

by written on November 13, 2013

This Doubletree is grossly mis-branded by Hilton. It is a hotel only in name - it's more of a Hilton Garden Inn calling itself a Doubletree.
The lobby is beautiful and welcoming, but the rest of the property feels a little more like a lesser tier of the Hilton brand.
Pros: Location - convenient to Route 9 and I-287; Vending - lots of vending machines around the property for late night snacks/drinks; If you're visiting Sleepy Hollow, this location is very convenient to the town.
Cons: If we all put our grandmothers to the task of cleaning this place, it would be done a lot faster than the housekeeping staff - don't expect it done at a time that would be convenient for you; Parking - not very well managed during large events and the parking spaces are exactly the width of a small SUV (Jeep Wrangler), so good luck if you have one of those or larger; no gift shop for forgotten items or food items that might not be in vending

Directions: I-287 Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow exit - Doubletree entrance is straight ahead.

FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Mis-Branded Hilton Property

by written on October 29, 2013

cnorwood's Profile Photo

Lovely location but not for Manhattan.

by written on May 19, 2006

We visitied New York in October 2004 for my partners brothers wedding in the Bronx. We were offered discount rooms at the Tarrytown Hilton as the brides friend worked there and could get 3 staff rate rooms. As the wedding was quite a sudden arrangement and we didn't have time to save we quickly accepted this offer and weren't too bothered about the distance.

The hotel itself was very nice, more of a business hotel than a holidaying hotel, but I think this was probably due to its out of the city location. The service was excellent and the food was nice. Drawbacks were the food and drink prices in the hotel, but there was a 24 hour diner over the road.

I did have my towel taken by housekeeping as it just happened to be white, the same colour as the hotel towels which annoyed me somewhat, but I got over that.

The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the town of Tarrytown where there are a number of small bars, a cafe or 2, and a few local shops, and just a bti further on there is the town of "Sleepy Hollow" of the Johnny Depp film fame.

If you are going to New York to visit Manhattan, I wouldn't recommend staying in this hotel as it is a good 45 minute train ride from the city, and it will cost you $30 a day in train fares. If you want a taste of real American life then this is the place fo you as it gives you access to the small towns, the big cities, the out of town malls etc.

Unique Quality: Views were nice around the back of the hotel. But there wasn't really a great deal to see.

Nearby Doubletree Hotel Tarrytown

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Tarrytown Travel Forum

Need advice about Tarrytown, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Tarrytown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tarrytown hotel reviews