Tarrytown House Estate And Conference Center

1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 805 reviews
Hotels.com Booking.com

Turned away at the door, with a reservation!

by written on September 1, 2011

Right after hurricane Irene my wife booked a room for us here to escape our power outage for a night. The plan was to meet at the hotel after work. I got to the hotel first, my wife wasn't going to be there for an hour or two since she works in the city. When I got to the front desk the "gentleman" behind the desk informed me I could not check in, only my wife could, in person. I had a credit card, ID, and even offered to call her on the spot so she could give any info they would need so I could check in. Absolutely not was the response I got, no offer to even wait in the restaurant, nothing. Basically I was told you can't check in, screw you. My wife then called the hotel desk as I was standing outside to ask if she could give whatever info she could to fix the situation but again the answer was no. The fact that the hotel would not even pick up the phone and make one phone call or make any attempt to facilitate me checking speaks volumes about the level of service at this hotel. The whole thing could have been settled by one phone call but instead I was turned away at the door, with a reservation.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Tarrytown that night and had a great night. I called the next day and spoke with the general manger of the Tarrytown House. He got back to me and defended the manor in which I was treated and the way his employee handled the situation. His excuse was that we booked through hotels.com but again, with one phone call to hotels.com by the robot at the front desk this all could have been sorted out.

So, if you or your company would like to stay here, you better hope everything is in order, because if it's not, don't expect the Tarrytown House to lift a finger to help you.

Nearby Tarrytown House Estate And Conference Center

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Tarrytown Travel Forum

Need advice about Tarrytown, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Tarrytown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tarrytown hotel reviews