Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast

2 Berea Road, Walden, New York, 12586, United States

More about Walden

fall mumsfall mums

pretty fluffy goosepretty fluffy goose

decisions, decisionsdecisions, decisions

Richie two handing the pumpkinsRichie two handing the pumpkins

Travel Tips for Walden

I AM A WALDEN RAT

by haunted1030

I admit it, I grew up in Walden and I am one of those people often referred to as a Walden Rat. I am not quite sure who came up with that term or all the other BS I've read about people from Walden, but let me put it this way, for someone to sit around and stereotype someone based on the town they come from is just wrong and it take a pretty ignorant petty person to bash someone for being a "Walden Rat".

THIS PLACE ACTUALLY HAS HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

by moiraistyx

"I MET SOME WONDERFUL PEOPLE HERE"

I used to hang out in Walden as a young teenager with my brother and his girlfriend Alicia. As a result I met my good friend Bill. It has been over 20 years since I first swung on the swings on the local playground, but there are times I can still hear the innocent laughter of the group of friends from so long ago.

As an adult I got a sort of re-introduction to Walden, that is, I have now been oriented to the Walden night life. As small as Walden is, it has two good size bars and at least one band worth mentioning.

"Famous Knife Makers"

One of the things Walden is known for is the knives which used to be manufactured here. At one point there were three prominent knife factories located in Walden. The last of the knife factories, Imperial Schrade, closed its doors in 1957 and moved shop to another local town, Ellenville.

"And Once Upon a Time a Professional Baseball Team"

Walden once hosted it's very own professional baseball team, the Walden Hummingbirds. They started off their first season with a win, but ended in a very deep rut with a 23-89 record. Their field is what is now known as Bradley Park which is currently used for little league and other sporting events.

Comments