AKA White Plains Hotel

25 Martine Avenue, White Plains, New York, 10606, United States

More about White Plains

Yummy Chicken Spring RollsYummy Chicken Spring Rolls

Salad with Blue CheeseSalad with Blue Cheese

Exterior of the restaurantExterior of the restaurant

Kris enjoying some dipping :)Kris enjoying some dipping :)

Travel Tips for White Plains

Paying for Parking

by cjg1

It really irks me that most places in White Plains charge for Parking. The Westchester Mall, The Galleria, The City Center and Fortunoffs all charge for parking.

**An upside to this is that in certain stores in The Westchester they wil validate your parking (Tiffany's, Nordstroms). Fortunoff's and Whole Foods will also validate your parking up to two hours.**

**The Westchester has valet parking available and is very helpful during the peak holiday shopping season. I'd rather pay the extra money than search for hours for a parking space.**

Delicious Chinese Food

by cjg1 about David King Chinese Restaurant

David King was recommended to us by a friend of my wife's who lives in the area. My in-laws just moved to White Plains and we were looking to have some Chinese takeout. The restaurant has dine in, take out and delivery avaialble but we neede delivery ( we were busy unpacking boxes).

We called up and place an order for two shrimp & cashew entrees, General Tso Chicken, Orange Chicken and two egg rolls. Less than fifteen minutes later the food arrived; we were surprised at the quick timing. The food arrived in nice plastic containers along with plates, utensils, fortune cookies, sauces and even small containers with pineapple chunks for dessert.

The food was very good and fresh tasting. Bob and Marie were surprised at how good it was and were afraid of not finding Chinses food that compared to their old neighborhood in the Bronx. Portions here were very large which allowed for tasty leftovers the next day. I loved my Orange Chicken with it's large chunks of chicken and flavorful sauce. I tasted some of the General Tso chicken and was also amazed at the good flavor and quality of the chicken.

Pizza & Brew

by Gypsystravels about Pizza & Brew

This particular Pizza & Brew is conveniently located between Kris' home and the cementary where we have mom interred, so after spending some time visiting the cementary we will occassionally stop here for some lunch.

The restaurant's decor isn't as nice as the one in Scarsdale, but the food sure is. They have a very large selection of dishes to suit anyone with daily specials as well as their panini specials which we always seem to order.

The panini which comes with a choice of soup, a salad and of course the panini, is a great deal at only $8.95. The food is good and quite filing and we seem to always manage to take a doggy bag back home with us.

The drinks are always flowing (refills are free) and the waiters are friendly and very attentive. It's a good place for an inexpensive meal especially if you decide to catch a movie before or after at the theatre next door. I've had their chicken cutlet panini which was excellent as well as their meatball hero.

My Love/Hate Relationship with White Plains

by cjg1

White Plains and I have always had a love/hate relationship that probably more accurately could be described as a don’t like/hate relationship. My big peeve of White Plains is that they charge for parking in shopping malls and on the street parking. Even with the paid parking; White Plains is flooded by shoppers who for some reason drive with their head up their rear; which can make navigating White Plains a frustrating ordeal to say the least.

There is plenty of shopping to be had in White Plains: The Westchester, The Galleria, City Center, Whole Foods, Bloomingdales and a variety of smaller local stores. If you don't mind crowds, traffic and parking fees then you won't mind shopping or dining in White Plains.

The Westchester Mall has the typical mall stores as well as some upscale shops. The City Center is useless to me since parking is such a pain in the rear. Bloomingdales has ample and free parking which is nice. We stopped going to Whole Foods in White Plains simple because it became too crowded and fighting for a parking space was ridiculous. If we want to go to Whole Foods we visit the one in Greenwich Connecticut.

I have never been inside The Galleria. Liz will not take me there because she calls it the "Ghettoria" because of the bad element that seems to hang out in the mall and the shootings/acts of violence that have occured in their parking garage.

White Plains is primarily a business/shopping area along with hotels but there are residential area with houses and apartment buildings.

My in-laws recently moved to White Plains from the Bronx. They needed a change and wanted an affordable option to be closer to where we live in Weschester. We are both happy to have then 10 minutes from us via highway.

We Love Brunch

by cjg1

Liz & I often are at the Cheesecake Factory for Sunday Bruch. Sometimes we do the traditional brunch food with eggs and waffles. Sometimes we have appetizers instead of a meal. My favorite is when we have dessert for brunch such as my favorite Strawberry Shortcake.....it's soo good.

Comments