Soundview Manor

283 Soundview Avenue, White Plains, New York, 10606, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

More about White Plains

My babe, so serious....My babe, so serious....

Foccacia BreadFoccacia Bread

SaladSalad

Signature EntreeSignature Entree

Need to get to Airport

by jkins

I am new to the area. I will be taking the train from Fairfield to White Plains. How will I get from the train station to the airport?

by travelmad478

Which airport?

by dino335

Assume you are going to Westchester County Airport. First of all, trains don't go to White Plains direct from Fairfield. You will have to change from New Haven Line to Harlem Line Metro North Train at either Fordham or 125th Street. Not all New Haven Line Trains stop at Fordham, most stop at 125th, but at Rush Hour many don't. You will have to buy another ticket to White Plains. Once you get to White Plains there is an Airlink Bus to the Airport

You could also Take New Haven Line to Greenwich (you would have to change trains in Stamford) and take a cab to the Airport. I am guessing at least $20 for the cab. You could call Greenwich taxi to find out.

by timessquare

AirLink schedule to the airport from White Plains train station: http://www.westchestergov.com/beelinebus/new_web_pdf_timetables/summer_2008_service_change/airlink.pdf

Travel Tips for White Plains

Shampoo to Patio Furniture...

by cjg1 about Target

Target is right in the City Center. You have to pay for parking which is a peeve of mine. The Target is pretty nice and has a good selection of items from shampoo, food, clothings, electronics, toys and seasonal items. We often find ourselves at Target shopping for tolietries before a trip or for some sale items or toys for the little cousins. Anything you need from shampoo to patio furniture Affordable

Good inexpensive Italian

by Gypsystravels about Michelangelo's Pizza, Pasta & Things

We seem to come here often as this is a really nice local Italian restaurant owned and run by the same family. There are two sections to the restaurant, the take out section and sit down area. The restaurant has a few tables and scattered booths with a section for a larger party.

The restaurant lacks decor, but the food makes up for this shortcoming. We are always greated by a friendly hostess with really good service. A warm basket of bread is brought over and we usually order our drinks and an appetizer. Once our drinks are brought to us we place our order.

The food here is excellent, inexpensive and the waitstaff quite friendly. We haven't had a bad meal here yet :)

If you prefer, take your meal to go, they serve it pipping hot and in containers that keep it hot enough to enjoy when you get back home. I love their warm bread basket. As an appetizer I have ordered their calamari, which is quite yummy and not rubbery. I have also ordered a regular green salad. For my meals I have had their yummy seafood fra diavolo with pasta, the mussels marinara which is one of my favorite as well as their gnocchi and I have also had their meatball hero.

Here for the burgers and had something else :)

by Gypsystravels about Westchester Burger Co.

This is a fairly new burger joint that is located in close proximity to the Westchester. Ferni and I had heard some mixed reviews about the place and decided to check it out.

The place is quite nice, with a bar to the left of the entrance and the dining area to the right. The walls are exposed brick which gives it a somewhat old rustic charm. The bar is quite nice with dimly light back lighting highlighting the hard liquor as well as tv screens hung above on the walls so you can watch the latest sports event. The dining area is nice, with dark wooden tables scattered throughout.

During our first visit we sat at a table and were handed our menus. The menu is nice with a variety of specialty burgers, salads and some authentic appetizers to suit anyone's palette. The service here is spot on and the food is quite good. Although we were here to try the burgers, when we looked at the menu, neither of us were in the mood for a heavy dish and opted for a few appetizers that we shared. We ordered the Tex-Mex mozzarella sticks and the chicken spring rolls. The apps were quite yummy!

Our second visit we just wanted a drink and a snack and opted to hang out at the bar. The bartender, John was extremely nice, and even gave me a "gift glass". Ferni ordered a drink, while I had a Blue Moon. We decided to again order some appetizers to share and I had the Chicken Spring Rolls (they are quite yummy) and Ferni ordered some boneless chicken wings.

Because of our hectic lives, we really had a nice time just enjoying a drink and catching up on some discussions for some possible upcoming travel plans as well as major decisions we'll be tackling in 2011.

So far, we'd defintelly return and hopefully next time we'll have one of their burgers! Unfortunately, although we've been here twice, we have yet to try any of their burgers. We did have the chicken spring rolls twice, which are yummy and are served with two sauces, the tex-mex mozzarella sticks, quite different and the boneless chicken wings which Ferni thoroughly enjoyed.

A good place for shopping and dinning

by Gypsystravels

"Shopper & Food Lover's Paradise"

For over 25 years I've been coming to White Plains, mostly for the malls and shopping and when my daughter and her family purchased their first home here, there was even more reason for me to be visiting as often as I did. But my daughter no longer lives in White Plains and now I only visit occassionaly to eat at one of our favorite places and for a bit of shopping at one of my favorite stores.

There is plenty of shopping and places to eat. The Westchester is a high end mall with all the major designer stores you can fancy for a nice shopping spree. Within walking distance is the City Centre with chain stores like Barnes & Noble and Target. The Galleria, another mall, caters to those stores you find in any strip mall like Nine West, Victoria Secrets, Forever 21 and many others. Basically, White Plains is a shoppers dream come true...everything within short distances to each other.

Along with great shopping opportunites you'll find wonderful places to eat. White Plains has many chain restaurants like Legal Sea Foods, P.F. Chang's Cheesecake Factory, Applebee's and Cold Stone Creamery to name a few, but you can also find other types of places to eat. Some of my favorite places are Asian Temptation, Melting Pot, Iron Tomato and White Plains Coach Diner.

Comments