43 Route 296, P.O. Box 267, Windham, New York, 12496, United States
Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Albergo Allegria

Perfect getaway

by TripAdvisor Member cynewyork

The Albergo Allegria is absolutely wonderful....modern, clean, cozy, comfortable. spacious and conveniently located. I stayed in the cottage in down town Windham. The jacuzzi & gas fireplace were a plus plus plus. I was only there for 2 nights & mostly ate take-out from Micheal's diner which is literally 6 doors down. If you plan to cook...bring cooking supplies (i.e. pots & pans.) Otherwise, I have NOTHING negative to report. I'D GO BACK IN A HEART BEAT!

Awesome Visit!

by TripAdvisor Member DelawareRoadKing

Our visit to Albergo Allegria was fantastic! The hospitality and great breakfasts were second to none. We highly recommend the creek hopping for some added fun and appreciation of nature, especially if you have teenagers. They were able to perfect their rock skipping.
The area restaurants were very good. Some nearby family fun was a mini-golf course and tubing in the Esopus River. Be sure to rent a helmet, you'll be glad you did so if you go under. Some areas of the river for novices is very rough and you will probably flip-over. You want to be a good swimmer and in fairly good physical condition. This is not for younger children or older adults.
We visited this area for the Cal Ripken, Jr., Baseball Induction Ceremony. If you enjoy baseball, a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame is worth the 1 hour, 15-30 min trip. Howe Caverns is also worth the trip and about the same distance.
We look forward to visiting Albergo Allegria again soon!

The Perfect Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member moonsidhe

I just came back from a wonderful 3 night stay at the Albergo Allegria. I got married just before the stay and my husband had booked the "mini-honeymoon" at the Albergo for us to get a little R&R after all the craziness of the wedding. The Albergo is a gorgeous Victorian building with beautiful furnishing and decor inside. We stayed in one of the suites in the carriage house in the back of the property. My husband picked that room because of the large jacuzzi tub, which we put to very good use during our stay.

Good amenities aside, the best parts of the B&B are the wonderful owners, Lenore and Vito, and the friendly staff. We had an amazing time getting to know everyone and felt like part of the family. The food, which we consider one of the most important factor in our travels, is just fabulous and plentiful. This is simply one of the warmest and most relaxing place I have ever been. We originally planned to do some hiking and see some fall foliage. I would have been just as happy to spend every day in either the huge kitchen hanging out near the snacks and the people, or play boardgames in front of the working fireplace in the livingroom of the main house. There is no doubt that my husband and I will go back soon.

Just what we needed

by TripAdvisor Member lfl

We had a group of 6 going skiing in mid-February, 2007 and needed lodging where we could cook our meals (we often travel to nice places but try to live modestly while there). We were able to rent the 3 bedroom unit at The Farmhouse associated with Albergo Allegria for $325/nt. There are 3 separate bedrooms containing a total of 4 double beds plus a couch in the living area, so 9 people can sleep without having to use the floor. From The Farmhouse to the Windham ski area is about a 5 minute drive and another ski area (Hunter) is only 10 minutes in the other direction.

The kitchen included most needed utensils and dishes with exception of the following:
* No lids for larger pots
* No grater
* 2 mismatched wine glasses (otherwise dishes for at least 8)
* No measuring cups or measuring spoons
* No juice pitcher (there was a fancy small stoneware pitcher, but I think it was intended just for decor)
* No big salad bowl (I used a plastic colander)

There is no dishwasher, either.

There's only 1 bathroom, but noone in our group was a bathroom hog, so that worked out fine. Although we don't believe anyone was using too much paper, our toilet completely stopped up on the 3rd day and we had to call the B&B to come fix it. We only went through 1 roll of paper in 4 days with 6 people, so I really don't think we caused that problem.

The bedrooms are nicely furnished and we stayed cozy warm without ever having to turn the heat up above 68 degrees. The mattresses were very comfortable also. Everyone said they slept like a log every night. The gas stove in the living area provides extra warmth and "atmosphere" and is on a timer so you can't accidentally leave it on for too long.

They provide plenty of linens (as long as you don't toss them after just 1 use), extra blankets, small soap bars, paper products and coffee filters. In addition, our unit had spices, tea bags, dish washing liquid, etc. all probably left by prior renters.

We were completely satisfied with our lodging for this trip and feel that for this particular area, we got a very good deal.

Amazing Bed and Breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member nychaos99

Oh man, I just wrote a really long review for this B&B, and I just accidentally erased it!
Ok, this place was so amazing, I'll give it a go again:
My fiance and I stayed at the Albergo February 9-11th.
We were actually staying at The Cottage, which is about 1-2 miles down the road, but you must go to the Main House to check in. The innkeeper was extremely nice and helpful. We took a peek around the house, it was super clean and really well-maintained.
We went to see our room at The Cottage, and it was soooo relaxing and 'homey' feeling. We were in the "Beaver Suite". Funny name. The room was really big, with plenty of room to put all of our snow gear and clothing. The room also had a joint bedroom, with 2 twins, which we didn't need. The bathroom was a decent size, however the bathtub was wonderful! It was HUGE! They also provide you with bathsalts, which I fully took advantage of. One of the most amazing features of this room, was the fireplace. With a quick turn of the nob, a blazing gas fire erupts and beware, it also give off quite a bit of heat! Which is great, considering the weekend we went up there the temperature was in the single digits.
One small thing: when we got to our room, we couldn't find the remote control! This wasn't a big deal, we were tired and basically went to bed after dinner. So the next morning we mentioned it to the innkeeper (Lenore), and she immediately got us a new one. Easy!
Also, you should know that breakfast is NOT included in The Cottage. Because of my situation (long story, having nothing to do with the inn), we were allowed to have breakfast at the Main House. And by the way, the person who wrote in that the wait staff had blank stares and he/she got a creepy feeling--- must have been on drugs. It is so far from creepy--- the house is so warm and cozy you just wanted to hug it, and the wait staff were super friendly and helpful, and my coffee mug was ALWAYS full, it never even made it to empty! The food was delicious, with a buffet of fresh baked muffins, toast, english muffins, cereals, fresh fruit salad, mini bagels, juices and teas. And then there were daily specials like: omlets, frittatas, belgium waffles, banana pancakes. Yummy!!!
Basically if you are looking for a warm and cozy, relaxing and peaceful inn, close (less than a mile) to the slopes, with a great breakfast, then stop seaching!!! Book your stay right now, I promise you will not be disappointed. Thank you Lenore! We will be back!

Nice place but below average bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkTraveller01

Recently stayed at this B&B and although the room itself was pretty and roomy (Stayed in the 'Winter' suite, although it's a room not a suite as advertised) the bathroom was very disappointing. The bath and shower was a moulded plastic 1970s unit and was cracked and stained. Taps were hard to use and the toilet was very hard to flush. The shower itself was terrible - I couldn't even rinse the lather out of my hair with it, and the bath was so stained I didn't want to use it. On the plus side breakfast was great, the bed was comfortable and the staff were generally helpful. Not sure if I would stay again though unless I was sure of getting a room with a more modern bathroom and a shower that actually works propery.

Wonderful!! Best breakfast around!

by TripAdvisor Member Liquid_Sunshine

Wow! I needed a place to escape the city jungle in order to complete a writing project under a tight deadline. I needed peace and quiet, inexpensive rates and a pleasant environment. This place was PERFECT. I researched several B&B's throughout upstate and chose this place after reading the reviews. After calling to inquire about reservations I knew this was the place for me. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) was warm, friendly and genuinely concerned about the guests well-being (from the owner, to the staff, to the owner's granddaughter).
It is really a beautiful and charming place too. With the obvious attention to detail, you just get the feeling that whoever is running the place has thought of every possible detail (down to placing candles in the bathroom along with bath salts for the Jacuzzi). A big thing with me is cleanliness (seriously). It was very clean and well-kept.
I saved the best for last. The breakfast IS TO DIE FOR. Fluffy eggs scented with herbs, homemade muffins, heavenly Belgian waffles, pancakes that will make you cry (and all made to order). I’m definitely going back soon!

Lived Up to the Positive Reviews Here

by TripAdvisor Member panthergirl

Lovely B&B that feels more like an inn than staying in someone's house (which is a positive in my book). The kitchen is lovely, with separate tables (another good thing...I'm not into the communal eating model) and wonderful food. Our room (the Master Suite) was really nice, and again felt private and romantic. The only negative was the foul-smelling water which has a high sulfur content. It also doesn't work well for hair-washing. Other than that, it was a great stay with a few nice golf courses nearby. Windham itself is a little trashy, but we found some decent restaurants and the scenery is lovely.

Fantastic value

by TripAdvisor Member Carole75

We booked this as a result of the reviews on tripadvisor saying how good it was - they were right! Lovely, comfortable accommodation; amazingly good value; great facilities (complimentary drinks & cookies, ice & buckets, etc); really helpful & friendly staff; delicious breakfast; wi-fi. I really can't think of anything we didn't like about it.

What a treasure!

by TripAdvisor Member islandtrvlr

The Albergo is truly a teasure. We stayed at the B&B for two nights just to unwind and decompress. It was heavenly. We stayed in the Winter room and were very pleased with the accomodations. The Inn is immaculate, beautiful and peaceful. The breakfast is out of this world. I cannot rave enough over how wonderful our stay was. We will definitely return.

Comments