296 Montford Avenue, Asheville, North Carolina, 28801, United States
Official Site Priceline.com Travelocity

More about 1900 Inn on Montford

Loved the 1900 Inn on Montford

We loved our "retreat" in Zelda's retreat!

We throughly enjoyed the lavish, spa-like bath. The delicious breakfast was a great way to begin the day.

Our hosts were delighful!

Lovely, Upscale B&B

What a fabulous find! As a frequent visitor to Asheville I have stayed at several B&B's, Grove Park Inn, etc. This is my new favorite (two visits since Janaury 2006). I travel with my much loved dog who was warmly welcomed at 1900 Inn on Montford. Those of you with pets know how diffucult it can be to find upscale accomodations that allow pets. The Carriage House behind the Inn allows well behaved pets and is perfect for your best friend. Heated tile floors, welcome biscuits and even a park nearby for daily strolls.
Ron and Lynn are exceptional hosts and prepare wonderful breakfasts that can even be served in your room if you stay in the Carriage House. Central location is near great restaurants and other Asheville attractions. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have. R,C&J

We'll Be Back!

We just returned home after a 4 night stay at the 1900 Inn on Montford. It was difficult to leave. The Rossetti Suite was wonderful, and the steam shower was an incredible treat. Lynn and Ron, as well as the housekeeping staff, went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. It is often difficult to find luxury accommodations when traveling with 2 dogs. We were delighted to find that our pets received a warm welcome too! We already are making plans to return to this inn!

Great B&B

My people checked into this B&B and we were given a room in the carriage house. I had my own enclosed garden that I could go into anytime I wanted. The floors were warm on my feet and I could curl up by the fire. I was very welcome there as they left me treats everyday.

My people said their food was delicious, served in a gorgeous room, and had very interesting people to visit with. The Inn Keepers were wonderful, full of great stories, and all the great places to visit. They even provided live entertainment for the people guests.

I would really recommend you stay there if you travel with your people. Even your people should stay there if you don't get to go.

Prince William of Allen (Willy)
Bichon Freise
Sunnyvale, California

World Class Bed & Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member LexiRudy

This was our second stay. Our first was last fall, when we fled Hurricane Wilma and stayed at the Inn almost two weeks. Our two large dogs joined us on that first stay, during which we had the pleasure of staying all three rooms in the Carriage House. We loved Asheville so much we bought a summer home in Weaverville, and this trip we stayed at the Inn while getting the house ready. We were in the main building this time. One of the joys of a bed and breakfast is that you are not limited to the standard guest experience of chain hotels, regardless of the Star rating. Lynn and Ron are outstanding hosts. If there are better breakfasts on the planet, we'd be very surprised. The entire experience, from rooms to breakfast, to the daily social hour (with local musical talent a few times a week), simply cannot be rated too highly. Outstanding in all respects. Asheville is a great place to visit, and 1900 Inn on Montford is definitely the place to stay in Asheville.

Looking forward to our next stay

What a great long weekend. We stayed in the wonderful William Morris room in the Carriage house. You just can't beat the patio garden, whirlpool tub, sauna shower & fireplace for a relaxing weekend get away. Our Rat Terrier Ziggy felt right at home & loved the great biscuits left for her enjoyment. We truely enjoyed the evening social gatherings with the other guests & owners Lynn and Ron. Also, don't plan for a big lunch, because the breakfasts are not only filling but delicious. This was our first visit to Asheville, but not our last. We look forward to trying the other rooms in the Carriage house.

A MUST-stay!

by TripAdvisor Member tmm03

We went to Asheville for a long weekend getaway over Easter weekend. We were overwhelmed with the number of B&B options in the area and finally decided upon the 1900 Inn on Montford because after various inquiries to different B&B's, Ron and Lynn were the most friendly and most helpful in planning our trip and they lived up to our expectations when we arrived in Asheville. We travel fairly extensively (for business and pleasure) and the Inn on Montford was just wonderful. Lynn was especially helpful in her recommendation to fly into Greenville, SC (GSP) and drive into Asheville! The flights were a little less expensive and the drive was gorgeous.

When we arrived on Thursday evening, they were in the midst of the live music, which was such a nice way to "ease" into our long weekend. A fun string band plays in the main foyer area - lots of folksy music, not normally our style, but they were a talented bunch and we throughly enjoyed the music and the wine! Many of the guests were congregated in the foyer for the music and it was nice to see such a wide range of ages staying at the Inn! The Saturday night guitarist was also a delight. Sitting on the porch felt like we were chatting with old friends.

Ron brought us to our room (the Rossetti Suite in the Griffin Cottages) - and it was WONDERFUL! Very warmly decorated and the attention to detail was clear - they've thought of everything - from bath salts for the wonderful hot tub to the towel warmer for toasty towels after your shower to the wonderfully comfortable sheets in the king sized bed and the heated floors. On top of it all, there was a FANTASTIC whirlpool (for two) that overlooks the garden - if you open the french doors to your private garden, its almost like being outside. There was a great flat-screen plasma (?) TV with direct TV and surround sound and the shower doubled as a steam room. Unfortunately, we both had to bring work with us on the vacation, but no worries, Ron and Lynn have the whole place set up with wireless internet access! The only thing missing was a stereo receiver for us to listen to NPR, but we found plenty of good things to listen to on the room's XM satellite radio!

Make sure you browse through the "welcome to the Inn" book in your room - Ron and Lynn have some great personal reviews for many of the restaurants and sites in and around Asheville. There is also a great history of Asheville, the Inn and the story behind the Griffin Cottage!

We loved the huge leather recliners in the "living area", as well as the Flavia coffee-maker in our room. I have a sweet tooth - so the tasty cakes and cookies in the main house were the perfect indulgence. The private garden was also a special treat. There is a wonderful water feature in the garden that was so soothing and relaxing. It was so nice to be able to enjoy breakfast outdoors each morning.

Speaking of breakfast, another reviewer commented on Ron's fantastic breakfasts and I have to vouch and say, they are definitely delicious and they will keep you filled all day long. There were so many great restaurants we wanted to try in Asheville, but we skipped a few on our "lunch list" because we had such a great breakfast! That just means another trip to Asheville, I guess! A note about breakfast - and another reason we enjoyed the Inn on Montford - my boyfriend was hesitant about the "social breakfasts" of any B&B...the Inn on Montford offers you in-room breakfasts if you stay in the Griffin House - which we took advantage of. It was perfect for us. I was able to chat with Ron and Lynn at my leisure and they were very sensitive and courteous to our "state of mind" for the trip! It was so greatly appreciated. They were so warm and friendly and it is clear that they truly love Asheville and their community.

Ron and Lynn also have great recommendations for dining, activities, etc. Make sure you ask them and they will get you set up with maps, guidebooks, etc. We went for a hike at Chimney Rock, a fun dinner at Tupelo Honey, a romantic dinner at the Market Place (and we heard great things about Savoy) and spent a day at the Biltmore. Definitely ask Lynn for her tips on visiting the Biltmore - they are VERY helpful and will make your experience so much more enjoyable!

In terms of location, the Inn on Montford is just outside of the downtown area in the historical district - about a 15-20 minute walk into town.

We had a great time at the Inn on Montford and we hope you do too!

Best in Asheville!

by TripAdvisor Member intandem

We visit Asheville two or three times each year for business and leisure and have stayed at The Grove Park Inn, The Inn on Biltmore Estate, and many bed and breakfasts. We have just returned from a 4-day visit and have declared The 1900 Inn on Montford our new favorite! We will spend all future visits with Lynn and Ron. They are the consummate hosts, the rooms are wonderful and the breakfast is outstanding.

We found the Inn while searching for a hotel that would allow us to bring along our pets. Not only are pets allowed in the new rooms in the Inn's carriage house, but Lynn and Ron made us feel as if they were indeed welcome, including leaving handmade biscuits purchased from a local bakery.

We have stayed in two rooms in the Carriage House and both were excellent! This visit we were fortunate to stay in the incredible Cloisters Suite. I threatened to move in permanently. The room defies description. Check it out for yourself on the Inn's website--and then go! Asheville and The 1900 Inn on Montford will not disappoint.

Loved The 1900 Inn on Montford

My husband and I had such a wonderful stay at The 1900 Inn on Montford. A delightful B&B with all the modern day amenities but all the warmth and charm of a B&B that you would expect. Ron & Lynn were wonderful hosts, and Karen was terrific! We can't wait to go back!

Better than Home

Is this your first experience at a bed and breakfast? Are you a bed and breakfast veteran? Whichever one you are you can't go wrong with this wonderful home. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast. I'm from Upstate New York and my friend is from Knoxville, TN. We were a little bit apprehensive, but the moment you walked through the front door of the 1900 Inn you felt comfortable and relaxed. The front porch is a wonderful place to kick back and enjoy a glass of wine and fine conversation. If you're lucky you will be staying there when they have entertainment. A genuine blue grass group. The rooms were spotless and the bathrooms even boasted heated towel racks. All the little extras, like real glass wine glasses, a corkscrew and a hairdryer in a neat little bag in the closet just added to a carefree, warm experience. Breakfast was fantastic, the table was set beautifully. Coffee, tea, water, and soft drinks were available all day in the bright comfortable sunroom. Ron and Lynn had several challenges the two days we were there and handled them with grace and humor. Felt like home only better because someone else had to deal with whatever popped up or rained down. When all was said and done it will always be a wonderful, warm memory for me. You won't be leaving things to "chance" by booking a room at The 1900 Inn on Montford.

Me and a friendMe and a friend

The Tent Room, Biltmore House, May 2004The Tent Room, Biltmore House, May 2004