86 Edgemont Rd., Asheville, North Carolina, 28801-1544, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Romantic Bed & Breakfast

The Albemarle Inn is a nice bed & breakfast converted from a mansion built in 1907. It is located very close to the Grove Park Inn. The Grove Park Inn was full so we booked at the Albemarle and will be returning to it again.

The Staff was very friendly, offering advice on things to do and places to eat as well as giving us a great tour of the house. They also have a nice breakfast in the morning which was made from scratch.

Unique Quality: We stayed in the Sunrise Suite which had a sunroom attached. All of the rooms are very nicely decorated and each has it's own character. The canopy bed was very comfortable. I really liked the cast iron tub with claw feet and the radiators throughout the room. They added some old time charm to the room.

There is a nice sitting area on the landing between the first and second floors that would be a great place to read a book in the spring time. The Albemarle is loaded with character and I look forward to returning.

Directions: Located in the Grove Park District, use their website for the best directions.

More about Albemarle Inn

A Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member LivingA16

We had a wonderful time. The inn is beautiful and the staff is so friendly and attentive! They were able to suggest excellent restaurants and shopping that made our trip even more enjoyable. It was a great experience; we will definitely visit again!

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member derekandcayce

The following is a letter I sent to Albemarle Inn shortly after our stay this year. I believe it best sums up our feelings:

I just wanted to send a quick note letting you know about our most recent trip to albemarle inn. My wife and I stayed the night of Jan 31 to celebrate our second anniversary. This was by far the best stay we have ever had anywhere. Your staff took so much time on our arrival to show us around the inn and our room, even though they knew we had stayed before. The social time in the afternoon was wonderful, especially the berry tea! And breakfast was equally wonderful with the woman in charge that morning staying on top of every aspect of the meal.
Too many people in this world will only communicate dissatisfaction with service. I just wanted to let you know that you are doing everything just right and that all your hard work is very appreciated. Thank you again for such a wonderful stay! We hope to return very soon.

Derek and Cayce Smith
Lancaster, SC

Loved the Albemarle Inn

by TripAdvisor Member lilyHarrisburg

The Albemarle Inn was a perfect example of southern hospitality at its best. The owners and staff were pleasant and were always interested in helping us during our four night stay.

The Inn was beautifully furnished and the breakfasts were to die for. Asheville was charming, and if we return we will stay at Albemarle Inn once again. We highly recommend it.

Kendall & Connie Hanna
Harrisburg, PA

Peaceful luxury

by TripAdvisor Member n2exploring

My sister and I decided to go on a "sister's retreat" in Asheville. After calling several B & B's that were less than helpful, we finally happened upon The Albemarle Inn. Tracey was so warm and full of suggestions to make our two nights stay everything that we were looking for.

Upon our arrival, we were welcomed with some fresh baked cookies and iced berry vanilla tea. We were given a brief and helpful tour of the Inn. The kitchen has a refrigerator stocked for the guest with bottled water, juices and sodas. There is a beautiful cabinet in the lobby with maps and area attraction brochures. They also have a basket full of menus from the local restaurants.

We stayed in the Blue ridge Room on the second floor. The room was huge with a wonderful view of the garden areas. The bathroom had a claw-foot tub with shower. There were fragrant lotions, soaps and shampoos provided. The bedding was extremely comfortable with extra pillows and blankets in the closet. Although there were other guests at the Inn, we never heard any sounds while in our room.

From 5 to 6 PM, yummy appetizers were available in the lobby. One evening they offered caramelized onion and parmesan tarts with an assortment of fruits and cheeses. Another evening we had roasted red pepper humus, crackers and vegetables. We would take our plates and relax in the comfortable sitting areas arranged on the large porch outside. The Inn employees were quick to offer us a glass of wine and help us make dinner arrangements. We enjoyed sipping our wine and chatting with the other guest, or Jana and Drew from the Inn. To me, this was the perfect way to enjoy the beauty and hospitality of the Inn.

Our first morning breakfast began with a cup of grapefruit and fresh strawberries drizzled with local honey. The sweet and tart were a perfect blend! This was followed by the stuffed French toast with orange sauce. I had read reviews on this site and was afraid that I would not enjoy this dish, and I was pleasantly surprised! The bread was so light and fluffy and the filling was very mild yet tasty. The orange sauce was the perfect topping with enough tanginess to balance the sweetness. Beef sausage was served on the side.

I overheard the Inn hostess talking to one of the guest at the table beside us. She was offering to make him a custom breakfast of eggs and sausage, or whatever he would like since he had mentioned that he did not prefer a sweet breakfast. He decided that he wanted to try the stuffed French toast, and when we got up to leave, he seemed to be enjoying his meal!

Our second morning started with mango sorbet topped with fresh peaches drizzled in honey. Yum! Next was the zucchini frittata that was 'to die for'! And as if that wasn't enough, we were then served warm strawberry bread straight from the oven! My sister and I were absolutely amazed at the portions and quality of the breakfasts. We would have paid at least $35 at a restaurant for such a meal!

Besides the gorgeous surroundings and luxury accommodations, the best reason to stay at The Albemarle Inn is the staff. From the minute you arrive until the time you leave, you are so well taken care of and pampered. I was amazed that everyone learned our names right away! If we mentioned something we wanted to do, they were quick to get a map and trace out our route. They were always helpful with dinner suggestions and calling ahead for us to make sure our choice restaurant was open on Sunday, etc. You never had to ask- they just offered with a smile!

I have stayed at many B & B's, but The Albemarle Inn has something that the others are lacking. They offer a welcoming spirit that comes from the heart of everyone who works and cares for the Inn. Don't hesitate to stay here or you are missing one of the greatest treasures in Asheville!

Honeymoon we will always remember!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bulldog111

I planned this whole honeymoon as a surprise for my wife. I am a typical indecisive man who had a hard time trying to decide what to do. When i found the Albemarle Inn I knew from the first picture from the front of the house we would both love it. I had no idea the staff there would complete the deal on the most enjoyable time me and my new wife has ever had. We both felt like royalty, I would highly recommend anyone to visit the Albemarle Inn we cant wait to get back.

Royal Hideaway a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member JMCGIVNEY

We had a very nice stay at this inn in their Royal Hideaway Suite. The furnishings are lovely and they have a tremendous amount of info available for local activities, restaurants, etc. Breakfast and afternoon social were wonderful. We found the town of Ashville VERY busy on a Friday night with very little parking. (this from a New Yorker originally). I was happier just staying at the inn!

Really nice experience

by TripAdvisor Member BruceE14

We stayed at the Albemarle Inn as sort of a short, late honeymoon. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and we even walked in our room to discover a complimentary bottle of champagne congratulating us on our marriage from the innkeepers. This was our first experience in a bed and breakfast and we thought it was amazing. The only thing I would say is to try to avoid a room on the first floor. We were in the Ribbons & Roses room (which was gorgeous) but us being the "go to bed early" type we could hear everyone come in and everyone walking around above us while we tried to sleep. It's understandable though being an old house with wood floors. It was definitely a minor thing to deal with compared to the great breakfasts, warm atmosphere and wonderful staff!

So Much More Than a Bed-and-Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Sam_and_Scooter

The Albemarle Inn is more than a pleasurable get-a-way spot in the mountains. It is truly a "home-away-from-home" in North Carolina. Knowledgable friendly staff and Innkeepers are as welcoming as old friends. Nestled about beautiful gardens, the stately manor's rooms are clean, detailed, and warmly appointed. Beds are comfortable, breakfasts superb for all tastes, staffs' recommendations suited for individual afternoon activities and evening dining. From curling up with a good book in the parlor, Scrabble on the inviting porch, and afternoon snacks, this Inn has it all. It was a memorable time in Ashville and we will certainly be back.

Mountain Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member TerryFlorida

Outstanding hospitality greeted my husband and I during our three days and two nights here. We were welcomed with fresh lemonade and shown to a delightful room. it was super to relax on the patio for a social hour each evening. The staff gave us maps and directions for our sightseeing and made reservations for our dinners. We were lucky to be in town when the Cafe on the Square had a Jazz eve. We are looking forward to our return. Terry and Jay Erickson

Comments