Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn

288 Montford Avenue, Asheville, North Carolina, 28801, United States

More about Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn

Wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member LiseD

We just spent one night at this beautiful B & B. The rooms are wonderful...everything you expect and more for this type of property. I highly recommend a stay at the Black Walnut. You will not be disappointed.

The Best B&B ever!

I was recently fortunate enough to spend 4 enchanting nights at the Black Walnut B&B Inn in Asheville, N.C. It was the best experience I have ever had in any B&B or hotel. Peter and Lori White are the most gracious of hosts and their combined culinary expertise is top notch. The gourmet breakfast served every morning is world class. Every afternoon delicious wine and munchies are served. The house itself is beautiful and all the rooms are decorated to perfection. The photographs on their website look exactly as in person so their are no unfortunate surprises when you arrive. I felt like a beloved family member while I was there. I am already planning my next visit to the Black Walnut!

Best place you will ever stay

I have never, ever written a review about a place. I just never took the time. But this was just too great not to share. We just stayed at The Black Walnut last week and we did not want to leave! Peter and Lori are just wonderful and make you feel so at home. The food is incredible. The rooms are beautiful and so comfortable. We enjoyed wonderful company with both Peter and Lori as well as the other guest. We are already looking at our calendar to see when we can get back up there this year. I read the reviews before we went so we had high expectations and we were not dissappointed. You will love it!!!

Great Stay

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Black Walnut B&B and I have to say, it is one of the better inns I have stayed at. The entire house is beautiful from the furnishings to the landscaped grounds and fish ponds. We stayed in the Azalea room and were not disappointed at all. The only drawback that I can think of was that there are no showers just bath tub, but we made do with that and it really wasn't an issue. The breakfast is delicious and everyday there was something different. The owners are friendly and made us feel at home. I am happy we came upon this Inn and we look forward to our visit again.

Best B&B

This is the first time that I have ever written a review on Trip Advisor. I just had to take a few moments to tell you of this wonderful place!!! It is completely above and beyond any expectations we've ever had of a hotel or B &B. The house is richly (and newly) renovated with gorgeous rooms and bathrooms- all updated. Your morning will begin with a DELICIOUS breakfast, complete with pastries baked that morning by the owner (a former bakery owner). Afternoon tea consists of hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, pastries, and all the wine you want. The house is extremely convenient to downtown and the Biltmore Estate. The owners go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. You must, must stay here!!!!

Hated to leave

by TripAdvisor Member AnnieJames

My husband and I went to the Black Walnut for a getaway and had a wonderful time. We stayed in the Ivy Garden room which was small but soooo luxurious. The sheets are 600 count and heavenly and they provide sample size Aveda hair and body products which is a nice touch. There were a lot of nice, small touches like that at this inn. The hosts are warm and friendly, if a little bit quirky, and are a good source of where to go and what to do in Asheville. The wine/tea social hour is nice but except for that, there wasn't much hanging around/relaxing in the common areas that I've experienced at other inns. But, there is so much to do in Asheville that didn't really bother us. Overall, it was a great pampering experience and the food is superb.

Be sure you are going to stay here.

by TripAdvisor Member dawgrif

Make sure you want to stay here. I booked on a Tuesday (1/10) and called back on Wednesday (1/11) to cancel and was told I would be charged 25.00. My stay was for Feb 3 and 4. I was told when I made this reservation that I would get a refund if I cancel within 15 days of my stay but was not told of the 25.00 rebooking fee and it does not say anything about this on their web site. I mean I had just called the day before to book and they still charged 25.00. They may have got 25.00 from me but I will never stay here.

Charming inn with fabulous food

by TripAdvisor Member dav205

Last weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day with a getaway to Asheville and stayed at the Black Walnut. We were welcomed with chocolate-covered strawberries, roses, and champagne.

The food is amazing, both breakfast and the hors d'oeuvres accompanying the evening wine selection. Peter and Lori are very friendly hosts and share a lot of stories from their time on Martha's Vineyard and their recent adventures owning the inn.

At breakfast, tables for two allow for some privacy, or you can easily talk to other guests at the nearby tables. One day we had eggs Benedict on a croissant; the next, waffles. The other two courses are usually a freshly baked muffin or similar, and a fruit dish.

The recent renovations make for a warm and comfortable setting throughout the common areas of the house. We stayed in the Dogwood Room, which has an unusual configuration. It includes the building’s turret, and the ceiling there is indeed as interesting as the web site makes it look. The copper inlay actually seems to glow at sunrise. However, the Dogwood also has no door on its bathroom, which is a bit awkward. Also the study is quite small and located off the bathroom, with a curtain but no door between. But there are plenty of places to sit outside the room. If you're staying in the Dogwood Room in the winter, be aware that the room can be quite cool even with a space heater. (Though, to be fair, this was an unusually cold weekend, with snow.)

We regularly stay at inns and B&Bs of this caliber, and although we rarely repeat an inn, we would stay at the Black Walnut again. We were able to peek into some of the other rooms before other guests arrived, and saw some good candidates for our next stay.

Pretty and pampering

by TripAdvisor Member L.A.southernbelle

Just returned from a trip to Asheville. After a bad experience at another B & B, we were welcomed by innkeepers Peter and Lori (even when she had the flu!) and were pampered as much as we could be. We stayed in the carriage house and had a private kitchen, living area and bath with a clawfoot tub. The room was adorable but could do with a hanging shower fixture and some blinds. In addition to the amazing breakfasts and evening wine and homemade munchies, Peter gave us excellent advice on restaurants, things to do and how to get from here to there. We found the whole experience a breath of fresh air and the hosts openminded, loving and fun. What a nice place!

a winner

by TripAdvisor Member 43josie

The Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast is a winner. We stayed there right before Christmas. The inn was full, but Peter and Lori gave us their undivided attention and willingly provided advice about local sites and restaurants. They even guided us to a great place for massages. Teatime/happy hour was wonderful. In fact, we were supposed to go on a candlelight tour of the Biltmore but changed our plans so that we could enjoy the amenities at the inn. We stayed three nights. Each morning breakfast was different and absolutely terrific. By mistake, I left a bag filled with Christmas gifts at the inn. Before I even noticed its absence, Peter called to ask whether he should send it to me. Even though it was the busy holiday season, Lori put it in the mail immediately, and I wasn't even charged postage!

Comments