Cedar Crest Victorian Inn

674 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, North Carolina, 28803-2513, United States

More about Cedar Crest Victorian Inn

My Favorite Inn !

by TripAdvisor Member SE_Hiker

There was no question about where to stay in Asheville during Thanksgiving week of 2006! After my wonderful initial visit in the summer (staying in the spacious Serenity Suite), I knew I could rely on innkeepers Rita and Bruce and the attentive staff to provide the sort of special touches that make all the difference. For the Thanksgiving visit I reserved Garden Cottage 1, and it turned out to be the comfortable and quiet refuge I needed. It was the perfect choice! The bed was luxurious, and the quiet sitting room provided a cozy place to read and reflect. The adjacent kitchen was just a step away for late-night tea. On some evenings I walked down the path to the beautiful main building to sit by the fire, savor delicious desserts and enjoy the companionship of other guests. Rita and the evening hostesses really looked out for me, making sure I had everything I needed. The breakfasts were a very special treat! Thanks, Rita and Bruce – I’ll be back soon!

Our stay was wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member sailboatracer

My husband, 4 month old daughter, and I rented the cottage at the Cedar Crest Inn with other family members in October. We stayed for a week as we were in Asheville for my sister's wedding. This was our first big trip with the baby and I was a little anxious about all of it. I was so comfortable at the Inn that all my anxiety quickly went out the window. The Inn does not permit young children in their main house which is standard with most Inns and something we were made aware of up front. In many ways this worked out better for us. On most mornings we would walk down to the main house for breakfast and bring a tray back to the cottage with us. The owners were incredibly accommodating for our situation! I enjoyed walking through the garden every morning with the leaves turning color. The food was fantastic! We were met by the chef, which is also one of the owners, each morning with a full run down on breakfast. The inn also makes fresh cookies and dessert every day. If for some reason you're going to be out and miss dessert, they will save you a piece covered on a tray in the dining area. (My favorite was the flourless chocolate cake!) When a family is getting ready for a wedding things can be busy, chaotic, and stressful. There was definitely lots to do beforehand. I really appreciated the Inn working around our schedule. They would service our rooms/cottage when we called to let them know when there would be a good time. The cottage itself was cozy and comfortable. We enjoyed our privacy from the main house. There is a nice, large living room with cable TV where we could hang out as a family and work out all the wedding events. There is also a shared kitchen which was helpful for making baby bottles. The beds/bedding felt luxurious, the shower water was nice and hot, and afterwards there were thick, soft robes provided for guests by the Inn. During a couple of the mornings I went running through the local neighborhood....a good workout fo the legs with all the hills. I loved the Cedar Crest Inn! It could not have been more perfect for our trip and I would definitely stay there again!!

Awesome house! Foods to die for!

by TripAdvisor Member littlecabinNthewoods

I planned a Girl's Getaway for my sister and me to Asheville to coincide with the National Gingerbread House competition at the Grove Park Inn and the Candlelight Christmas tour at the Biltmore House. An acquaintance of mine in my exercise class recommended the Cedar Crest Inn as a place to stay - she told me, "It is to die for!" and boy, was she right! She travels to Asheville alot, and has stayed at several hotels and B&B's - and said we would love it. We arrived in Asheville on Nov 17th for our 4-day/3-night trip. We spent our entire first day at the Grove Park Inn spa and viewed all of the gingerbread houses. We arrived at Cedar Crest Inn close to 9pm, and we were met by a very friendly staff member, Brett, who had saved us some of the most delicious pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting!!! Our room was on the main floor, called The Study. We were very much amazed at how huge our room was - we had a foyer/ hallway area, large bedroom, and nice, clean bathroom with a claw-foot tub/shower, and our own private entrance if we did not wish to enter through the main house area. After bringing in our luggage, we sat in front of one of the many fireplaces to eat our cake! It was delightful! The house is gorgeous - and has so much history! Although all of the rooms were booked, we never saw or heard another guest - the house is so solid that we did not even hear the staff the following morning preparing breakfast! Our room was even right by the stairs, and we never heard other noises until the 3rd evening when a young lady wearing heels checked into the room above us, but once she unpacked - she must have changed shoes because we never heard her after that!
Every morning, Bruce cooked the most wonderful meals - so much to choose from! We bought his cookbook and have already tried out some of the delicious foods! Rita was so helpful with directions to places we wanted to go and with recommendations for dining out. We spent our 2nd day shopping at Biltmore Village - what fun! All of the shops are so unique and so large - many of them continue onto the 2nd floor. Biltmore Village is about 1/4 mile from the inn, as well as the entrance to Biltmore Estates. We had tickets for the Candlelight Christmas tour our 2nd evening, and guess what??? Knowing we would not be back in time, the staff left our evening dessert out waiting for us with our names on it - yummy, chocolate cheesecake !!!!!!
We slept even better the 2nd night, and spent our 3rd day back at the Biltmore Estates for touring the grounds, gardens, winery, etc during the day. There is so much to do -- we especially enjoyed all of the shops there also! We bought some gourmet hot chocolates to drink with our evening dessert, and again sat in front of the fireplace as we enjoyed our evening dessert. So cozy, and so relaxing!
Our 4th day, as we were checking out, much to our delight, beautiful light snow was falling ~ making this beautiful Victorian house even more breathtaking!
We went to a few more shops in the Village, and found discovered numerous antique barns - but were only able to breeze through one of them - we will have to come back!!! After a scrumptious lunch at a Victorian tearoom that Rita had told us about, we had to leave Asheville to head back home.
We commented to each other that EVERYONE we had encountered in Asheville were so friendly - so many people in the shops, etc, talked to you in the most sincere manner. Another thing we noticed were how friendly the motorists were on the roads! It was such a friendly, relaxed community - and the perfect place to "get-away" from the hustle-bustle of everyday life. We want to return to Cedar Crest Inn and bring our parents and our other sisters, as well! They would love it as much as we did!
They have a great website, but it was hard to tell how large our room was, and we were pleasantly surprised by that. The last morning we were there, Rita told us that several people had already checked out before us and we were free to go through the house to see any of the rooms that were vacant - that was fun! We liked all of the rooms that we saw!
I am ready to go back!

What a delight!

by TripAdvisor Member SarahT

My sister and I recently spent three lovely nights at the Cedar Crest Victorian Inn. What a delight! We stayed in the "Study" which had a queen size bed as well as a twin sleigh bed. We wondered from the website pictures if this would be a cramped room, but much to our delight we found it very spacious. We even had a hall area to ourselves and a bathroom with a clawfoot tub! The furnishings were all antique and beautiful. The entire house had such charm and the Innkeepers and staff were all charming as well. We were served a lavish, delicious breakfast each morning and enjoyed talking to the Innkeepers about the history of the house. They were such nice people and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. They offered many suggestions for dining and even offered to make our reservations. We spent one day shopping in the Biltmore Village and wondered where we would put our luggage! We went to the candlelight tour of the Biltmore House and went back the next day to tour the grounds. It was so enjoyable. We spent one day at the Grove Park Inn Spa getting massages and facials and then saw a fabulous display of gingerbread houses enterred in the National Gingerbread House Competition. With our busy itinerary we realized we would miss the evening desserts homemade by the Innkeeper, but not to worry, they saved us a plate all wrapped up with our name on it! How special it was to sit beside the grand fireplace sipping hot cocoa and eating cheesecake! I had a wonderful time and cannot say enough good things about this Bed & Breakfast. We were able to tour the vacant rooms and they were all grand and emaculately clean. It was a delight to stay in this home and I look forward to returning.

Lovely Experience and Incredible Food

by TripAdvisor Member salnorris

The 1891 Cedar Crest Inn staff was exceptionally welcoming and friendly. Our room was well appointed with period furniture and decorations. The bathroom in the William Breese room is small, but we had been warned of it at the time of booking. The common areas were comforting with chairs in front of the fireplace and amazing woodwork throughout the building.

The food at 1891 Cedar Crest Inn was quite amazing. Between the large breakfasts, the afternoon cookies and tea, and the evening dessert, we never had to wait long for fresh, hand prepared dishes. The breakfasts had so much to offer we were never hungry for lunch when staying at 1891 Cedar Crest Inn.

Overall we had a wonderful experience and would recommend the inn to anyone visting the Asheville area.

Great B&B, will return!!

by TripAdvisor Member bcjbtravelers

Can't wait to come back for a girls' weekend or bring some couples for a holiday getaway. The property is beautiful and the staff is overflowing with Southern hospitality. It is in a perfect location for exploring Asheville. Just outside the Biltmore House gates and Village and not far from downtown. We arrived in the evening and what a beautiful sight. Christmas lights, garland and bows decorated this beautiful Victorian home. Rita and Bruce (owners) and Amber could not have been nicer. The food was wonderful. They even saved dessert for us when we were going to be late.

I would highly recommend 1891 Cedar Crest Inn. You will gasp when you see the beautiful rooms. We knew visiting the Biltmore House during the Christmas season would be wonderful and fulfill a long time dream. Cedar Crest added tremendously to our experience. Thanks!!

One of the Very Best

by TripAdvisor Member Yosef3

We have stayed at this marvelous bed and breakfast Inn twice now, both times on our wedding anniversary. The Inn is beautiful and the owners are very charming and so willing to help make our stay memorable and grand. The Inn is five minutes from the downtown area with all of its shopping and dining, the owners know the Asheville area inside out and their recommendations are spot on. The rooms are great and very well represented on their website tour. The food is fabulous and the staff readily available (hard to come by in a B&B) and gregarious. We will return again and again.

Cedar Crest the Best

by TripAdvisor Member coachshef

We have just spent 2 very wonderful nights at this beautiful restored Victorian Queen Anne B&B located in the heart of the Biltmore Village. The Inn was very charming and had all authentic pieces which takes one back to a time long past. The elegant decor, the massive fireplaces, the stain glass only added to the romantic feeling one gets as you enjoy the experience of this beauty that sits high atop the hill overlooking the village. The breakfast was excellent and in the evenings we were treated to a special array of desserts and beverages.
Excellent Inn and the hosts as well as staff were extremely anxious to meet our every needs. We hope to visit often on our trips to Asheville.

Our Favorite B&B

by TripAdvisor Member travelCharleston

My husband and I, along with 3 other couples, have been doing a yearly holiday trip to Asheville for over 10 years. We always stay at the Cedar Crest....everything is 1st rate we just keep coming back. Both Rita and Bruce, along with their staff, go the "extra mile" making reservations, recommendations, providing directions, and most of all fantastic food. We're always looking forward to the next year...Laura and Andy Beall

Fabulous B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member JeanLori

My mother-in-law arranged for our stay at this B&B and I must say it was wonderful! I was suprised at how personable the Innkeepers were and their breakfasts were far beyond continental and were delicious. I felt like I was staying at a friend's beautiful old home instead of at a B&B. All of the rooms looked in perfect condition and very clean. And the furniture was just beautiful! I have already recommended this place to at least 3 people since I have been there and will definitely be going back at some point in the future!!

Comments