Chestnut Street Inn

176 E. Chestnut St., Asheville, North Carolina, 28801, United States

More about Chestnut Street Inn

Can't Wait to Return to the Chestnut Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member Cambridge_Anne

We had such an outstanding three night stay at the Chestnut Inn that we sent my parents there as a gift. And they also loved it! The owners are a wonderful couple who spare no detail - everything was terrific - from the amazing breakfast to the delicious local chocolate in our room. We can't wait to return one day. I couldn't give this inn a more enthusiastic thumbs up!

Anniversary Delite

by TripAdvisor Member anabors

My husband and I enjoyed our first stay at The Chestnut Inn. Our 1st year anniversary was spent in a newly renovated room on the "top floor". The aquarium with colorful fish added to the tranquility of the atmosphere of this beautifully decorated room.
We were there in May, so the landscaping around this charming B & B was in full bloom and added to the photo opportunities. The wine and cheese offered in the afternoons was a treat as well. And the kind staff, well this was an added bonus. Would be go back or recommend to others...YES!!

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member Uroguy

My wife and I needed an escape after 4 months of surgical internship. I chose to surprise Alesa with a short stay in the Ashville area and a tour of the Biltmore Estate (nation's largest private house). It was well worth the drive from Indiana. We stayed at Chestnut Street Inn, which was a great choice. Ladonna and Joe were wonderful hosts recommending restaurants, attractions, and serving great snacks and breakfast. We would recommend this Inn to anyone. It was is well preserved/restored.

Location, Rooms, Breakfast - It's all good!

by TripAdvisor Member TravellingFool777

Just made a return visit to the Chestnut St. Inn. We like it for it's location, and the hosts Joe and LaDonna are always very helpful with suggestions for activities and dining in the Asheville area. It is actually within walking distance to downtown if the weather is nice. We have stayed there three times, and the rooms are consistently clean and fresh. The Inn is currently decorated for Christmas so it was especially pretty. One of our favorite aspects of the Inn is their 3-course breakfasts, not for the quantity, but the quality of the food. Joe whips up something different every day. We noticed that they also accommodate people with special dietary requests, like allergies or vegan options. Very nice. Highly recommended.

Chestnut Street Inn: A Gem in Asheville

by TripAdvisor Member 43210

My expectations were exceeded at the Chestnut Street Inn in Asheville, NC. I was particularly taken with the level of service provided. I had some special requests that LaDonna and Joe cheerfully accommodated. Their hospitality made me feel at home immediately, and I knew right away that my stay in Asheville to attend a workshop would be made all the more pleasant by staying at this B&B.

A+ for ambience: The tiger oak trim throughout the house combined with lovely furnishings created a very cozy feel.

A+ for cleanliness: The rooms felt very clean and the linens were spotless.

A+ for lovingly prepared food: I really appreciated the homemade muesli, organic yogurt, and wonderful fresh, baked cookies and breads. Baked grapefruit on a cold, winter morning also hit the spot. Reverse osmosis water available 24:7 -- a thoughtful touch.

A+ for great conversation: I enjoyed talking with both LaDonna and Joe. Topics ran the gamut.

I stayed in the Biltmore Room and enjoyed a very comfortable bed and a very large tub... nightly soaks were a treat. I'll be going back for another workshop in the near future and I'm returning to Chestnut Street Inn to stay in the Zen Room. It looks fabulous as well.

Asheville, NC is a little taste of heaven. The Chestnut Street Inn helps you enjoy this great town even more.

Charming and Hospitable

by TripAdvisor Member mreneau

When you drive up to Chestnut Inn, you will fall in love with this stately home and the large porches. It was beautifully decorated for the Christmas holidays. LaDonna and Joe made us feel like home. Breakfast each morning was a wonderful gourmet treat and we definitely looked forward to it. We stayed in the Beaucastle cottage and enjoyed our fireplace and jacuzzi tub which we took advantage of everyday. LaDonna was wonderful with giving us recommendations for restaurants, shopping and advice with our trip to Biltmore. We went here with 2 other couples to getaway. We loved convening downstairs for wine and cheese on Friday evening, hot cocoa on Saturday night and for breakfast each morning. I would definitely visit Chestnut Inn again.

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member 2bys1grl

This was a birthday surprise for my husband. We had never been to Asheville and never stayed at a B&B. What a wonderful experience. The rooms were impeccable. We stayed in the Blue Ridge which was so big and roomy and light filled! The owners (Joe and LaDonna) and staff (Robyn) were so friendly and warm. Loved the little chocolates left on the bed that I had to visit Chocolate Fetish to try other treats too. We walked EVERYWHERE, which was terrific. We only got in the car to visit the Biltmore and Grove Park Inn. The only thing that was a disappointment was we did not get to go to the dueling piano bar at GPI because there was some shindig at GPI that took all the parking spaces. After we came home, LaDonna said there was a parking deck (which we saw) but we didn't know how to get into it. Great dining in Asheville.

Great spot to watch the Asheville Sizzle fireworks.

Wonderful quiet atmosphere. Almost too quiet coming from a couple that is used to 3 small children running all over. But so glad that children are not allowed. Adults do need their own time also! We definitely want to come back.

Great Zen Experience

by TripAdvisor Member gizzydog

The Chestnut Street Inn is the best place we have ever stayed at for a weekend/holiday getaway! The home is beautiful and the owners and staff are more like old friends to us. We stayed in the Zen room which is on the third floor and the asian theme was very relaxing and provided us with an outstanding place to unwind. If you are looking for the ultimate relaxing getaway that is close enough to down town to walk to all the excellent shops and restaurants then the Chestnut Street Inn is the place. We are already planning our 3rd visit there!

Love this Place!

by TripAdvisor Member Rachel8153

We found this B & B through www.purpleroofs.com (which is a great, gblt B & B website). The place is super cute! The staff is incredibly sweet (and they serve sweets each day too!) We stayed in The iron Horse Room which is affordable and very cute, but also right near the door and you can hear the guests come and go (we are planning to return, but stay on the top floor for more privacy.) The food was great and the guests were also very very friendly. The place is in walking distance to downtown Asheville which has some great restaurants (recommend Mela, an Indian place).

Can we stay another night?

by TripAdvisor Member SlinkyWinston_Salem

Joe and LaDonna along with Robyn were extremely pleasant, easy to deal with, professional, thoughtful and caring. We planned for only one night, but after experiencing Joe and LaDonna's hospitality we wished we could have extended our stay. But our schedule was not flexible. We will definitely plan to stay longer next time. It was our son and his wife's first time at a bed and breakfast. They told us they enjoyed it much more than a hotel. They especially liked the fireplace in their room. I enjoyed the chocolates and the wine and cheese! My husband loved the friendly chats with Joe, both being from the Pittsburgh area, they enjoyed talking about their neighborhoods. We highly recommend staying a few nights.

Comments