890 Brevard Road, Asheville, North Carolina, 28806, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall

Great Staff-- Rooms Need Upgrading

by TripAdvisor Member trientalis

The check in staff was great-- we had booked through Priceline and they were full that night, but they gave us our request for rooms, made restaurant recommendations, and were all around very pleasant. The rooms were fine, but the beds were BADLY in need of upgrading. We actually had several cigarette burns in our old blankets-- it was gross. Our friends had a leak from the ceiling in their bathroom. The rest of the place was just fine-- not close too Asheville, but nothing is too far away. We ate out so no comments on the free breakfast.

Terrible room, terrible managerial staff

by TripAdvisor Member traveler2000-78

Rooms are dank and dingy and do not appear clean. (The rooms aren't even worth $40/night.) I was told the room rate would be one thing over the phone and then was told something else when I arrived. I had to call about a billing issue and the manager never returned my call. After several attempted calls, I finally got ahold of an acting manager who was extremely rude.

Comfort??????,,,,,,,,Nightmare!!

by TripAdvisor Member beargrassbears5

The outside of the hotel will fool you!!
We visted Ashville to look at their local college and their area. The hotel needed to be updated and re-furnished! Some of the furniture was soiled and worn...Our main complaint was a ver y SOILED and DIRTY mattress!!! I could not belive my eyes when I went to fix the sheets on the Queen sofa pull-out!! I cannot figure how house-keeping could have not seen this!!! NO MATTRESS COVER at all!(please look @ pic.). I called the front desk and asked to be moved and they said no,,They just brought in a roll-away bed...but never come to remove the old mattress..It was a very sleepless and restless night. Checkout was frustrating also...the front desk was very UN-Organized!! They were not even aware of the problems the night before...The took 15.00 off my bill and thought that was fantantic!!!They have a "PROMISE" hanging on the wall BUT it means NOTHING!!
(promising to make things right or you don"t have to pay)
Don"t leave the light on,,,We WON"t be Back!!!

A Nightmare!

by TripAdvisor Member luvus29

I phoned Comfort Suites 6 weeks in advance for a reservation and was told by Jessica to wait and walk in with a coupon to save money. I questioned the availability and she said there were plenty of rooms. I phoned 1 week in advance to confirm there were still rooms available - I needed 2 connected rooms for 2 nights - and was told there were 98 rooms, they would not fill up and they would accept the coupon. When we arrived, they would not accept the coupon and we could only get one room for one night...AND they charged us $22 more than if I had booked 6 weeks in advance like I wanted to. They would not honor the other rate or the coupon even though they told me they would over the phone. In addition, the mattress on the sofabed was disgusting. The breakfast was extremely crowded and not worth the hassle. I would absolutely not stay here again. This was supposed to be for my daughter's 16th birthday and she was supposed to have her own room with 2 other teenagers. The front desk manager would do nothing for us and wouldn't even show her face. The second night we had to find another hotel. Don't stay here!

Comfort?? You have got to be kidding?

by TripAdvisor Member travelinLeese

We were in town for business and our regular hotel was sold out. We thought that most Comfort Suites were pretty nice however this one was nasty. There was mold on the dispenser on the ice machine, the rooms were dirty, the sheets in one room were dirty, there were water stains on the walls. If we could have moved somewhere else, we would have. We had to stay in town for two nights, but checked out the next day and was able to get other rooms elsewhere after a last minute cancellation. I know we were not alone as other business travelers seemed to have the same idea!

avoid this place!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelmanStlouis

We stayed there May 9 and 10. Flushed stool, it was blocked, water covered the floor of bathroom and I threw down all the towels available. I was able to find and shut off the supply valve. Notified office, they sent maintenance man, he used plunger to partially clear the blockage. Water flow during flush was so weak that it was necessary to flush the stool 3 times just to remove 2 pieces of toilet paper. Because of that, we were reluctant to use the stool and had to walk down the hall and use a restroom off the lobby. My wife planned to take a bath but the stopper on the tub drain would not work and water ran out almost as fast as it was running in. She had to take a shower and said that the area around the drain was absolutely filthy. When I went to take a shower, because the water drained so slowly, I was standing in ankle deep water by the time I had finished my shower. All these things were reported to the front desk the next morning and they made notations in a book and said that they would take care of the problems. Such was not the case as everything remained the same and we had to continue to walk down the hall and use the restroom off the lobby. Had we been alone, we would have checked out before nightfall of the first day, but we were traveling with friends who were staying in the same motel and we did not wish to create a scene by staying somewhere else. When we checked out after the second night, my wife prepared a comment/complaint card which was left at the front desk. When we had heard nothing from the motel after a week, I made out a report to Choice Hotels and they have been most helpful. They sent a copy of my concerns to the motel in question and yesterday, May 24, the motel responded. In essence, they said "That's tough". They acknowledged that the plumbing system was slow but said they were planning a major renovation next winter and they hoped I would come back to visit them in their updated facilities. Sure, I will!!! They offered a weak apology but made no offer of compensation for having to walk down the hall to use the restroom off the lobby. My advice to anyone contemplating staying at this motel would be: don't contemplate any longer--find something better--unless you want to walk down the hall to use the restroom off the lobby. We regularly stay at Comfort Inns and have reservations at 2 different Comfort Inns for later in the summer. We have not had a bad experience until staying at the COmfort Inn, Biltmore Square Mall, in Asheville, NC

Imperfect and Unresponsive

by TripAdvisor Member BuckeyeTomAtlanta

My wife and I checked in to our room and by habit I inspected the bed
linen, tv, a/c, phone and bathroom. Well, 4 out of 5 aren't bad. It was 2:30 pm, so on our way out I told the person who checked us in about the soap scum in the tub, the moldy shower curtain and the scum
around the vanity. I asked that someone clean the bathroom and change
out the shower curtain. Off we go to the Biltmore Estate - had a wonderful time, a dinner that wasn't on our diets and returned to the
room to find no change in the bathroom. It was late, we were tired, so we put towels in the bottom of the tub to stand on and showered without touching the curtain. Next morning after competing with the housekeeping staff to try to get some breakfast, I again mentioned to
the desk clerk that we would like to have the bathroom cleaned citing
specific problems. We went out, had a wonderrful day at the Biltmore, shopping in Asheville, pleasant dinner at Doc Chey's - return to the room to find the same dirt in the tub though the shower
curtain had been changed. As a former inn manager, I always told my people that I didn't expect them to be perfect, but I did expect them
to respond to guests' needs. Most of what we got from our attendants was a cold stare as we left our room in the mornings while they ate their breakfast watching TV in the checked-out room across the hall.
Did the front desk relay our requests? Maybe, maybe not. I tend to think not since I saw more evidence of a housekeeping staff that was out of control and resentful of the guests' presence. No one asked how our stay was as we checked out, we suspect they already knew. The stay wasn't terrible. We felt safe. Once the staff breakfasted, what was left was above average. The beds were more uncomfortable than comfortable and the pillows were thin. The furniture was used, but not in disrepair. My only problem was with the bathroom and the minimal response to my repeated requests. We paid $64.59 plus tax per
night for two nights. I will definitely find a different place to stay when I return to Asheville. I would pay $20 more per night for a
better night's stay in this beautiful area.

Great Hotel, Great Price

by TripAdvisor Member missla

The hotel check in was extremely easy and we prepaid thru hotels.com. The rate was good. The hotel stay was fine. The hotel floor was a little damp-not sure why when we checked in. But you could not hear your neighbors or people in the hall. The staff was very nice. We woke up too late most days for breakfast but when we did catch it the area was packed and people seemed happy. There was a variety, but if you didn't want it, Waffle House is right next door. The pool was on the small side, especially with the many kids staying in the hotel. I would definately stay there again.

Somewhat lacking

by TripAdvisor Member momcardinal

The Comfort Inn chain usually rates as a "safe bet" when making reservations. So when I made this reservation I certainly expected "average" or "better than average" accommodations. While the check-in with the friendly staff person went smoothly, the building and room was a little below standard. First, the elevator was extremely slow, but taking the stairs to our 2nd floor room wasn't really a problem. The room itself was very lackluster. The furniture was very worn; the decorations were outdated; and the bed and thin pillow were very uncomfortable. The bathroom was clean in appearance, but somehow you felt like it wasn't really. There were dirty washcloths still hanging over the shower rod and the tub was stained badly. Pluses were the refrigerator and microwave in the room and the free internet connection. Also, the breakfast fare was certainly acceptable. While I'm not one to expect a hotel room to be as good as my own home, I do want to feel that the money I've paid has been spent well. This is why I'm willing to pay a little extra so I don't have to think about these things. I don't want to spend my time somewhere saying "we don't have to stay here again" and unfortunately, that's exactly what we said this time.

I'm Surprised Choice Hotels Lets This One Have a Franchise

by TripAdvisor Member choicegoldelite

We spent a week at this horrible place, and left a day early to get away. The room was dingy, not clean, and the sink leaked. Requests for additional towels and a new mattress pad which would fit were ignored. In fact, the maid did not even make up the bed, though she DID take away the queen-size blanket and leave a twin-size one in its place. A request for a new blanket brought a manager with a new bedspread. After a discussion, he brought what he said was the only available blanket, a special one with 3 large cigarette holes in it.
When I complained about housekeeping omissions, the front desk staff told me "She probably got distracted". Calls to the front dest twice rang 50 times, were not answered, and a recording e played asking us to leave a message and they would call back when they had time.
Staff told me that the owner was not willing to spend the money to upgrade or do things right. The sheets were worn and threadbare. The sofa bed was a disgrace. The elevator carpet was filthy, and the laundry room with a single washer and dryer for 100+ rooms was so dirty I went to a laundromat.
I would encourage everyone to AVOID this place.

Asheville, NCAsheville, NC