Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

One Holiday Inn Drive, (formerly Holiday Inn), Asheville, North Carolina, 28806, United States

Crowne Plaza  Resort Asheville
IHG Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• JohnnoBSCW's Profile Photo

Peppertree Villas

Cottages out the back of the main resort (now a Crowne Plaza) sold as timeshares - these are nestled on the edges of the course. They are a bit old now, but reasonable inside. Apparently they are redoing them next year, which will be good as they are kinda nice, just dated now. The pull out sofa bed was unusable for instance - springs were shot. Golf course was ok - 5800 yrds is kinda short tho, and its a bit scratchy in places (fairways dug up, etc) - greens were in good nick tho.

Unique Quality: The resort itself looked very nice (the main accomodations). Tennis court is clay which was a good changeup from hard courts.

Directions: Hard to find! Look for signs to Holiday Inn Drive (even tho its a Crowne Plaza now) - if coming frm the West just turn when you see Pizza Hut for the back entrance.

More about Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

Great Smokies Crown Plaza Resort

by TripAdvisor Member gttoy

If you plan to goto Asheville, NC. please check out other hotels before this one.

1.The free internet did not work and they gave me a booster but still did not work.

2.The roll away bed was broken and charge $10 per night and second time they exchanged for me still broken.

3. hot water is not very hot.

4. not enough outlets.

5. it's and refininshed old hotel(holiday inn)

5. a lots of noise.

Pet Friendly

by TripAdvisor Member kipsmom

tThe room was large,with a very comfy feather bed,a wooded view with patio AND pet friendly.Our room allowed us to easliy slip out the back door to the woods with the dog.We did not notice other dogs,but our room showed no signs of pet smells,wear or tear. We liked the peace and quiet of not being right on the highway.Desk was helpful BUT we were told we could use a near by pool(health facility,short drive) and when we got there, were told no children allowed(only over 16) Bummer for the kids!

I enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member sadiebug1

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza over the weekend of the Bluegrass Festival. We were frustrated with trying to get to the hotel because it is difficult. Once we got there we had a very tough time finding parking because of the festival. It took us awhile to check in and we had a very long walk to our room. Upon entering our room, we discovered that the people had not checked out and we had walked into some else's room. We went back to the front desk and we quickly placed in another room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We took a shuttle into town at night and were even picked up at a specific time that we had asked for. After the parking lot thinned a bit, my husband and I went out to move the car. We were met by an employee who drove us in a golf cart to our car and then parked the cart in the closest spot while we made our way through the lot to hold it for us.

The bedding was he absolute best! We had eye covers, lavendar linen spray, ear plugs, and a relaxation cd to drown the noise. We attributed this to the festival (those folks can PARTY). I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

good choice

by TripAdvisor Member MspTripper

Stayed here for 2 nights the last weekend of April. Had some concerns because of the other reviews on this website but found what seemed to be a good deal on a room so decided to give it a try and glad we did.

First room we were given on checkin was on the ground floor with a patio door. Since the nights were so pleasant we wanted to sleep with the door open and that didn't seem like a good idea on the ground level so we asked for a room on a higher floor. (the other condition was wanting wi-fi access) We were moved to a room in another wing which was 3 floors up and had a lovely view of a wooded area on the edge of the golf course.

This room was very similar to the other in furnishings, meaning very nice, not plush but very nice. The mattress was probably the best I have EVER slept on, it was incredible. Hotel was quiet in the area we were. Never heard another soul. Loved that it was so close to downtown Asheville yet away from highway/street noise. Took the shuttle downtown one night and drove the other night we were there. The front desk was especially helpful in giving good tips on downtown restaurants as well as getting around the area.

The only negative is that yes, the wi-fi did not work. They said there was a access point right outside our room and it was working and while I was able to connect I could not get on the network, it was giving access errors. My guess is that the network is not set up correctly. I asked at the front desk if anyone knew anything about that and was told that person wouldn't be available until monday. If I'd been traveling on business this would have been a big deal but for a couple days on the weekend it was a disappointment but not a major inconvenience.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member 666-HIM-666

We stayed here as part of our tour of the East coast for 3 nights.

The room was a typical Holiday Inn style room - very pleasant. The hotel has plenty of parking (free!) and has no end of amenities you can use. The location is lovely. Great views of the mountains. The hotel is a little out of Asheville so you'd have to take a 5 minute drive there.

From here it's about 20 miles to Chimney Rock Park (def check that out) and Lake Lure (also check that out). If you're new to the area take a sports car/sports bike they have corners there! Lovely roads :)

This hotel seems to be very much a business style hotel. Think there were conferences every night we were there not a problem though.

One thing to bear in mind - the hotel is on a golf course (quite far back from the road (Holiday Inn drive) and our GPS didn't like it at all!

Only problem we had was that we booked through the Priority club and got a cheaper rate to what was on our check-out bill so don't forget to check that! In all fairness to them they get give a refund instantly though.

Comfortable bed!!

by TripAdvisor Member OctoberWednesday

The bed here was so comfortable, my husband and I slept so well! The room was very clean and I really liked that the bed covers were washable and not icky hotel bedspreads... The bathroom was not as nice or large as those in other Crowne Plazas where I have stayed, but it was clean. This hotel was a little hard to find (like you drive through a parking lot and around some shops to get there) There is a "secret road" that will take you down to the Pizza Hut and stoplight for the main drag into downtown which is easier than going back through the parking lot. We enjoyed our stay here and especially appreciated that the ice machine was located in a hallway away from any rooms (so no guest has to hear it at night). Enjoyable stay.

smoky

by TripAdvisor Member maurbol

Hard to get to, windy road through shopping area, need better signage. We had booked a King room with a balcony. We were give a room with two small double beds. And a incredibly noisy air conditioner. The offered to put in a new unit but that would take at least an hour, who wants to wait around for that, or leave your stuff with some guy working in your room. The other room they offered smelled like smoke, then I heard two people down the hall complaining that both of their rooms smelled like smoke. So we stayed put and turned the air way down so we could hear each other talk on the balcony. The balcony door was really dirty. Place had a gorgeous pool but they lock it up at 9:00PM!!

Very Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member VAGurl

My husband and I stayed here for a night for a getaway and it was very nice. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The bed was VERY comfortable. We had a room on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course, which was nice. We ordered dessert from room service in the evening and the food wasn't great, but the service was fine.
For us, it was a very convenient location, less than 5 minute drive to downtown Asheville, where we spent most of our time.
In the morning we could hear some muffled voices from next door or in the hall (I couldn't tell) - I think it was children. It didn't disturb me but it's worth noting if you're sensitive to that stuff. Overall we had a very pleasant visit and I would stay there again.

Comments