Days Inn Asheville Patton Avenue

Orbitz.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

• ohsusannah99's Profile Photo

Excellent deal, great location

I definitely recommend this hotel if you are the type of person who doesn't plan on spending much time in the hotel room. It is comfortable, very clean and well kept. I have stayed here twice, and the staff is always very helpful. They gave us extra room keys when we asked. They gave us directions to cool places to check out off of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is right off one of the main roads to the Biltmore. VERY convenient for checking out all the great shops/restaurants downtown.

Unique Quality: They have a pool, very convenient location, free (safe) parking, and very friendly staff.

Plus a huge (not exactly fancy, but huge no less) spread for a continental breakfast. Lots of muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. Enough snack like items you can tuck some away for free snacks during the day.

• Very pleasant

I am guessing that this must be run by new management. I took a room on the pool side. It was very clean. Everything was in good working order. The structure itself is a little rough from age, yet I noticed things like the outside walkways got wet mopped every day. Oh yes and I also noticed when I walked by their laundry room that the bedspreads are indeed run through the wash. (That is always something I wonder about.)
    The prices are very reasonable. This is right in the heart of probably the most interesting part of the city. But if you are coming in just to party you should know that they are not very tolerant of nonsense at the hotel. My stay was in August so I took advantage of the pool and that was good for me. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I started with one night and stayed for 4.

Unique Quality: I pay attention to detail. From the third floor balcony I could look down into the parking lot. It is walled in and gated. But in a city environment like this you would expect the edges to be lined with blown in trash. Not so. Flowers and ivy. There was one piece of paper down there and when I went down to clean out my car I picked that one up. It just speaks to how the place is run. 5 pillows, one satin.

• bdbrewer's Profile Photo

A Place NOT to Stay

It is right downtown. Barbara does NOT recommend it. It probably is the worst Days Inn we have ever stayed in. We booked it sight unseen. You can see from the photo that it was adequate, however. It just did not feel clean and up to normal Days Inn standards.

Unique Quality: Barbara does not recommend it.

Directions: Beside the town square