115 Hendersonville Rd., Asheville, North Carolina, 28803, United States

Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Doubletree

This is one of the smaller Doubletree properties but it has all the comforts you'd want, plus a great location. Its about a mile from downtown, close to the highway and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the balconies and courtyard are a nice touch. Service is friendly, as you'd expect and the front desk is very helpful in organizing tours to the Biltmore Estate or giving suggestions about places to visit elsewhere in Asheville. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but there's a Friday's next door. Its connected to the hotel so you don't even have to walk outside. There is free coffee in the lobby in the morning and fresh cookies when you check in.

Directions: I-40 and the Hendersonville Road exit.

• Lacristina's Profile Photo

Not Bad, but Not Worth $129 a night

This is not like other Doubletree Hotels I've stayed in which were more upscale. You'll be disappointed if that's what you think you're getting.

While the entrance and lobby suggest a bit more grandeur, the rooms are basically a Hampton Inn. Yes, the furniture and bedding are maybe a little more upscale , but the cottage cheese ceiling is the same, and the air conditioner is just as loud and annoying when it turns on.

The room was smaller than I expected and had that horrible perfumed "Febreze" smell. And this in what was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The odor was so strong, I never got used to it.

I went out to the front desk and asked for something to be sent to my room. They said they would. 40 minutes later, nothing, so I called and asked again. Long story short: they never sent it.

The bathroom/entry way ceiling almost made me feel like crouching - I could actually touch it easily with my hand, standing barefoot. The sink area was small with barely enough room for toiletries. The ironing board wouldn't open up properly.

And, I'm sorry if this sounds politically incorrect, but I'm really tired of hotels trying to make me feel guilty with their "save the environment by using your dirty towels and sheets" campaign, when it's obviously a blatant attempt to squeeze more profit out of me.

If they want me to reuse my towels, fine.. But they should lower the price if I do.

On the plus side: they have a pool and workout room. And you do get a warm cookie on arrival and two free bottles of water. There is room service, but it is a very limited menu. At least you'll get some Hilton Honors points.

But in short, I'd say this is a very average motel with above average prices.

Unique Quality: Very close to the Biltmore.

Directly attached to a TGIFriday's where you can get an overpriced buffet breakfast and a waitress who disappears after she's poured your only cup of coffee.

Directions: Just north of I-40, on Route 25.

More about Doubletree Hotel Biltmore Asheville

About what you would expect

by TripAdvisor Member FS_Junkie_with_kids

My family of four stayed at the Doubletree over Thanksgiving. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Due to the holiday, the breakfast was served in a nice setup in the lobby instead of at the onsite TGI Fridays. Complimentary coffee available in the mornings in the lobby in addition to in room self-serve Starbucks coffee. The hotel was very accommodating to holiday travelers, nicely decorated for the holidays.

Hotel is very convenient to Biltmore (literally one light from the main entrance). Plenty of familar restaurants very nearby- bagel store, McDonalds, Starbucks, and more. Convenient to freeway. About 3 miles to the non-chain Asheville restaurants near downtown.

The room was comfortable and about what you would expect from Doubletree. The shower liner needed to be changed and the grout could use some cleaning, but overall, it was fine. Sheets were clean & the room was a normal size. Noise does carry in the halls as you might expect, so naptime with small children could be a challenge.

Nice, as expected based on Trip Advisor reviews

by TripAdvisor Member gt4728b

Stayed here 2 nights at the end of October. The hotel is conveniently located - it's very close to both the Biltmore Estate entrance and Biltmore Village (cute, unique shops). The bathroom was a little small, and the shower (before adjustment) felt like a hurricane- but these are minor issues. A little pricier than I'd like, but it was clean, comfortable, and safe. Got a better deal by paying in advance at doubletree.com.

Good cookies - that's all !

by TripAdvisor Member jas7273

We booked the Doubletree via the Biltmore Estates' website. Thought proximity would be a plus. Not necessarily. Hotel is great location; however, the rooms are VERY ordinary! They have great cookies available at check-in, and are kept behind the desk and doled out at the desk clerk's discretion. The lobby is beautiful, but you don't sleep in the lobby and the rooms are NOTHING to write home about - given the cost. Do yourself a favor and explore the other hotels is this fun to explore location. Asheville has great restaurants and beautiful gallaries/retail shops.

A Perfect Stay

by TripAdvisor Member DCMetroPixie

What a delight! The hotel is clean and well furnished. My room was immacuate. The staff could not have been more helpful or pleasant. I was amazed at how quiet my room was. It was so quiet, I almost overslept in the morning! Very close to the Biltmore and in a perfect location for shops. Highly recommended. Best part: The Staff!!

Close to the Biltmore and has all the comforts of the Doubletree brand.

by TripAdvisor Member courtneycartwright

We stayed here to visit the Biltmore and we enjoyed our stay as we do at most doubletrees. The bedding was great and service was good. The breakfast was also good and the setting was perfect. The only complaint I have, and I have had this problem before with booking doubletree hotels.....is that the package I booked icluded a breakfast every morning. We had to specifically ask for our breakfast vouchers, nobody offered them or explained anything until we questioned it. Other than that, the stay was perfect.

Stay away from this property

by TripAdvisor Member eppersonta

The first clue should have been the Sleep Inn sign posted next to the Doubletree sign. This is a former sleep inn that they are trying to get you to believe is a DoubleTree branded hotel.
I am a Diamond club member with Hilton, so I know hotels.
Dont waste your money.

Only one elevator in the building. No restaraunt, only TGI Friday's.
Breakfast Buffet is terrible. My hotel room was next to the elevator. The loudest room on the floor.
Internet speed is slow. Only 2 vending machines in hotel. Both are out. Beds are not comfortable.
Honestly laughed at the "fitness center".

They are touting some expansion, but when? Not worth it until this hotel has been rebuilt from ground up.

Needs Work

by TripAdvisor Member SkiCountry

This property is in a nice location in relation to the Biltmore Estates and the tourist section of town which is what I wanted.
The hotel, however, is very dated and in need of renovation.
I was supposed to have a 2 room King Suite with a board room table for 6, it ended up being a round table for 4. The decor is very old school. The price I paid for the Suite was overpriced for what I got. I have stayed in much nicer Suites for less. The Front Desk staff were very nice, especially the gentleman who checked me in on Saturday evening. TGI Fridays which is attached to the hotel has some training issues. I went to the restaurant the next morning to get some OJ and the restaurant staff sent me to their bartender to get the OJ and the bartender sent me back to the restaurant staff. No one had a clue and it was Sunday morning. How hard should it be to get a glass of OJ? Also, before that I waited inside the restaurant and there was no one there to assist me because they were all in a meeting outside with their Manager. The meeting space is also tired. I will not be staying here again until they renovate.

Drab but expensive

by TripAdvisor Member Mensonge

Having driven for twelve hours, my daughters were anxious to get out of the car and into the pool, especially since the photo of the pool that was posted on the hotel's website looked so enticing. After we checked into our room, we looked out from the window near the elevator and discover a half-full, algae-covered pool. The front desk said that the pool was out-of-service during renovations. Had I know that there would be no pool, we would not have booked the room; this omission was particularly surprising, since the website advertised the wonderful renovations that were to add additional suites. Why not advise travelers that the pool would be closed during the reservations? In addition to this major disappointment, we discovered that the rooms were befitting a discount chain's accommodations but with worn carpet noisy air conditioning. I feel duped by Doubletree, both in terms of the pool and the meager furnishings, and highly recommend that travellers find a nearby alternative. As a sidenote, this is the second consecutive stay at a Doubletree that has been unpleasant; worse, complaints about these past two stays have yielded chilly, unsympathetic responses. I have belonged to the Hilton Reward program for more than a decade but, based on these past two experiences, have decided to try a new chain, which is too bad, since it has only been Doubletrees that have been so dissatisfactory. Why give hard-earned money to a lousy hotel chain, even if this one subsidiary seems to be unrepresentative of a generally fine chain? Very disappointing. Rather than serve as an outlet for my own personal unhappiness, though, I hope that this review will encourage you to be hesitant to book a room at any Doubletree.

Comments