Hill House Bed & Breakfast Inn

Hill House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Hill House Bed & Breakfast Inn

Fantastic Time at Hill House

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Hill House, just what we needed to rejuvinate. The house was cozy and warm and it was great to just sit in the parlor and read by the fireplace. Eventhough Hill House was completely booked for the weekend, it remained calm, quiet and relaxing. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and it will not be our last.

We stayed in the Jackson room which was decorated tastefully. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were incredibly soft and it was wonderful to be able to cuddle up in front of the in-room fireplace.

The breakfasts were to die for!!! Fresh fruit started out our meals and main dishes such as fritatas and creme brule french toast were brought to our table. It was a great way to start off the day before we started our touring of Asheville.

As far as Asheville itself, downtown was only a few miles away and the Biltmore and Biltmore Village were just a few more miles down the road. Asheville has many galleries and neat shops to visit as well as an old time General Store that was fun to go into. The Biltmore was an experience in itself. I recommend that if you go to make sure you purchase the audio tour for $7 - it is worth it to get the history of the place.

There were several places we ate that were fantastic. Our favorite was Stoney Knob Cafe, a Greek Resturant in Weaverville about 15 minutes from Hill House. Call for reservations, but even if you have to wait, it is worth it. Other places we ate were The Biltmore's Stable Cafe and the Bistro at the Winerey. In downtown Ashville we ate Barley's Taproom and Pizzaria and Dr Chey's Noodle House - both had good food and were reasonably priced.

A Great B&B

This is an absolutely great place to stay. The atmosphere is wonderfully quiet. This is a place that I would return to time and time again. Terry and Bill are great innkeepers and wonderful cooks!

Hill House is the Best

My wife and I stayed here for a get-away weekend. This was our first B&B experience and it was fantastic. Bill and Terry were excellent hosts and the room - Biltmore room - was just as advertised. We arrived a bit late on Friday night, but that was no problem for our hosts. I would highly recommend the Hill House to anyone interested in a wonderful B&B experience.

A Very Special Place....

by TripAdvisor Member Travelnurse6156

As a travel nurse, I was between assignments and headed out west. My husband and I decided to stay a couple of nights in Asheville. Based upon the web site and numerous favorable reviews, we chose the Hill House Bed and Breakfast inn. We could not have been more pleased. The house is beautiful and extremely comfortable. The grounds were lovely, and the front porch was a great place to relax and enjoy the wonderful songs of the Carolina birds. The location is also excellent. It was very quiet and peaceful, yet close to downtown and other attractions. The breakfasts are excellent and service is impeccable. And I couldn't forget the wonderful chocolate chip cookies....could smell them baking! We were in the Drhumor room, and it was so beautiful. Spotlessly clean, it had a gas fireplace, lovely garden tub with jacuzzi and exquisite furnishings. We both slept like rocks, the bed was so comfortable. Bill and Terry are excellent hosts, and provided every comfort we could want. And Bailey is a joy! We would recommend this lovely home to anyone who enjoys peace and quiet, with great food and beautiful surroundings. We will definitely stay at the Hill House again when in Asheville.

All the Comforts

by TripAdvisor Member LHTexas

My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Hill House B&B. It was our first visit to Asheville and we felt right at home. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are clean, and the front porch so very comforting. The Starbucks coffee was served promptly at 8AM every morning followed by a full breakfast at 9:00. Even though most of the rooms were booked each night there was so much space to spread out we hardly noticed the other guests. The refreshments served each afternoon allowed us to take a break and refresh before going out in the evening. Terry, Bill and Bailey took great care of us and provided all the comforts.

Hill House was wonderful

The Hill House was a great b&b and I highly recommend it. What we loved: the suite was beautiful and comfortable, the hammock on the lawn was amazing as were the award winning gardens, the endless cookie jar was yummy as were the breakfasts. The hosts were very friendly and the house is very conveniently located. Great spot!

Yay for Hill House.

by TripAdvisor Member cathyHuntsville_AL

I quickly warmed up to the B and B experience, even for a person who wants her privacy. I would have preferred to not to eat breakfast with strangers at my table, due to my morning grumpiness, but the great coffee, juice, fruit and incredible breakfast more than compensated. Beautiful, private rooms, spotless, incredible tub and shower, wonderful amenities... I especially appreciated the constant snacks. Already planning another trip to HIll House. Good stuff.

Unbelievable Weekend

by TripAdvisor Member SpringDan

Having never stayed in a B&B before (or even been to Asheville), I was certainly a little anxious with the big weekend I was planning. Oh my word, we were completely blown away when we entered the Flat Iron Suite. It was spacious, nicely decorated, and extremely romantic. Honestly, if I hadn't wanted to see just a few of the wonderful things Asheville has to offer, we could have stayed in the suite all weekend without leaving at all. Bill and Terry are fantastic hosts. I recommend this to any couple looking for a romantic getaway, it was worth every penny and then some. We will be back! -Dan, Atlanta GA

Very clean, very nice

by TripAdvisor Member WileyJames

My wife stayed there for a whole week this last May. It was very relaxing. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast's were excellent. Asheville is a great place for couples, and the Hill House is one of the best B&B's I've stayed in.

Great Bed & Breakfast

Bill and Terry have created a very warm and welcoming Bed & Breakfast. The breakfast that they prepared for us everyday was WONDERFUL and our stay was very relaxing!

Outside Laughing Seed CafeOutside Laughing Seed Cafe

The Grand Staircase, Biltmore House, May 2004The Grand Staircase, Biltmore House, May 2004

Antique Car at the Grove Park Inn Car MuseumAntique Car at the Grove Park Inn Car Museum

ST. LAWRENCE BASILICA, ASHEVILLEST. LAWRENCE BASILICA, ASHEVILLE