Holiday Inn Biltmore East

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Biltmore East

Wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member andrea6928

My husband and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn based on the reviews read on this website. We were not disappointed. We got a package from the Biltmore Estate which included the room, breakfast, and tickets to the Estate.

The hotel is relatively small, and very quiet. Mostly senior citizens and young couples, very few families with small children.

CHECK-IN:
The front desk staff was very nice, but a little disorganized. They couldn't find our reservation, even though I called to confirm that morning. Finally, they realized that they'd already checked us in hours before we arrived. Didn't really know why. I then asked for our Biltmore tickets, and they couldn't find them either. I saw them lying on the desk and had to point them out to the staff.

THE ROOM:
Nice size, tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable, and there were chocolates on the pillows. The sofa wasn't so comfortable. The TV got lots of channels. The bathroom was a nice size, and wasn't cramped at all like in some other hotels. The vanity, as some other people have mentioned, was small so there wasn't enough room for all of our toiletries. We slept very well.

THE HOTEL:
Pet-friendly. There were lots of dogs there. We could hear one in the room across the hall barking in the mornings. We were already awake, but if it had woken us up we would have been annoyed.

Tunnel Road, where the hotel is located, has lots of restaurants. Just take a right out of the driveway and keep going, you'll eventually find something you like. There's also a mall up that way. The Biltmore Estate is 5 miles west on 40, very convenient. Downtown Asheville's a little further west, but still a very short drive.

There's a restaurant in the hotel. Be prepared to wait for a table, there are only 10 or so in there. Turnaround is quick in the mornings though. You can get the breakfast buffet or order off the menu. We got the buffet the first morning, and it was very good. Eggs, bacon, biscuits, standard breakfast foods. The next morning, we ordered off the menu. We both got pancakes; the service was fast and the pancakes were great.

CHECK-OUT:
A breeze, since our package was pre-paid. Check-out is at noon, so we got to sleep in a little bit.

All in all, a great stay, and will probably stay there again next time we're in town.

Yet again, a nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kayakroll

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times. This time I didn't find myself making use of the lobby as much as I had in the past, so I don't have as many "glowy" things to say about the folks there, although check-in was as wonderful as always. The room was clean and spacious. I accidentally brought the TV remote home and called to send it back, and they were very gracious about that! Still dog-friendly, still slightly under construction, but well worth the stay.

My favorite place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member nthompso

I have stayed here several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. The rooms are clean and the hotel is very quiet. There is always coffee in the lobby and homemade cookies in the afternoons. I highly recommend staying here.

I don't get it

by TripAdvisor Member nemomiah

I really don't understand why everyone gives the hotel such great reviews. The best thing about the hotel - the staff are very nice and helpful. Other than that...the carpet in the hallyways was worn and dirty. We got a non-smoking room but when we entered were overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. They were apparently completely booked because they couldn't give us a different room even though we were staying multiple nights. The toilet was constantly running and the plumbing kind of exploded in the middle of the night waking us both up. I would have expected that they would have offered to make some amends for our experience, but nothing other than a "sorry" was given. If there's no other place to stay, stay here. This hotel definitely does not deserve to be so highly rated.

The Best Holiday Inn I've Ever Stayed In!

by TripAdvisor Member Soriah

What a great hotel. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Since I am allergic to dogs, they double-laundered my sheets just in case someone had snuck a dog into the second-floor room in which I was staying (usually the pets are limited to the first floor but they did this just in case). I loved the lodge theme of the hotel and the room was spacious and clean. I was also surprised to find that the sink counter was the largest I've encountered in my last five hotel stays.

They must have remodeled the bathrooms because I was able to store my ample toiletry collection around the sink with room to spare. The bed was comfortable and my stay was very pleasant. I would definitely return to this hotel next time I'm in the Asheville area!

Loved the Holiday Inn East at the Blue Ridge Parkway

This was one of our nicest vacations ever. The entire stay was pleasurable. The rooms were first class and always clean. The outdoor heated pool was just what we needed at the end of our day after walking through the Biltmore House and Gardens. . The hotel staff went above and beyond to help us with directions and places to see in Asheville. Always a friendly smile from each person we encountered on our stay. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I visit Asheville, North Carolina.

Nice hotel but location could have been better.

by TripAdvisor Member Sasser

I stayed here with my mother and my daughter for a shopping trip. This is a fairly newly remodled/redecorated hotel. It is clean and the staff is very helpful. We forgot to get milk for the baby's bottle on the way back to the hotel and the front desk receptionist was kind enough to "break into" the restaurant after it had already closed for the night and get her some milk-no charge. Everyone slept a bit better thanks to this helpful receptionist. The hotel is not convenient to anything in Nashville and this is my only complaint.

No holiday at this Inn !!!

I had to double check the address of this hotel to see if I had, in fact, stayed in the same hotel as the previous reviwers. The carpet from the air conditioner to the coffee table was soaking wet.....only response I got was a sigh....no attempt to fix the problem, no offer to move me to another room, not even an "I'm sorry". Wireless internet access would not work....not even in the lobby.....again, there was no offer to help remedy the situation. No breakfast unless you wanted to pay for it in their restaurant. I'm in the middle of a 5,000 mile, 7 week vacation and, rest assured, this experience has truly turned me off any Holiday Inn.

loved this hotel

I just loved this place and would definitely stay again. I slept on the sofa sleeper and thought it was comfortable. Great breakfast in restaurant.

Asheville, NCAsheville, NC

The Esplanade toward Biltmore House, May 2004The Esplanade toward Biltmore House, May 2004

Once Upon a Time - Children's StoreOnce Upon a Time - Children's Store

ASHEVILLE DOWNTOWNASHEVILLE DOWNTOWN

Good Family Food?

by soccergrrl

I'm visiting the NC mountains next week and one day we plan to spend picnicking and exploring around Chimney Rock. We plan to end the day with dinner, probably in Asheville. I've looked at a few pages, but tell me--where would you eat if your group included: two thirty-something women, a 1-year-old, and a grandpa?

by soccergrrl

Ummm, thanks for the input, but I did say *good* family food. What else ya got?

by billus

Isn't that near where they filmed that dumb Kevin Costner movie? It looked pretty nice in the film. Take some pictures of those rare Appalachian rock outcroppings. So foodwise - is there anyone who can honestly say they don't like ALLIGATOR JAMBALAYA?

by billus

sorry I meant that dumb Daniel Day-Lewis movie

by RUTHWR

So far you have not gotten any good suggestions, right?
Well, a friend and I were there 3 weeks ago. One night we went to a mall and ate in the food court. There were restaurants inside the mall other than in the foodcourt but I don't remember the names.
We have found that walking around in a mall and choosing from their restaurants or stopping to eat in the foodcourt pleases most folks.
Also, hotels have very good restaurants. We stayed at The Holiday Inn on Holiday Inn Drive and the restaurants inside there were excellent.
Happy Traveling! Hope your trip is all that you want it to be.

by soccergrrl

I'm going to try to answer all your questions here . . .
Bill, I'm afraid there aren't any alligators in the Blue Ridge. I prefer my ALLIGATOR JAMBALAYA fresh.
Belinda, yes, I was away for the Columbus Day weekend to my sister's--only about a 3 hour drive and a free place to stay. Does that really "count'? Plus, this trip also includes free lodging (at my friend's dad's place)!
Ruth, thanks for the tips. I think we'd like to find someplace unique along an historic or shopping street. We may end up eating in some other nearby town instead.

by FreeCloud

Welcome to NC!

My suggestion is to try one of those inside of the Biltmore Estate, fantastic food and the view. I don't know what the 'family food' is, but there many families with children even eating there.

The Biltomore has its own vinard and winery, thus you could even take a cellar tour and taste their wines.

Not sure if the Estate has the Xmas decoration set up yet, try their website.

Have a great time in NC!

by soccergrrl

Thanks, FreeCloud--I was reading about the Biltmore and the winery and restaurants. Are they very expensive? I'm not sure how much time we'll have (depends on the weather and how long we spend at Chimney Rock)--plus my friends aren't really into wine :-( . Something tells me I will have to come back to the area with other travel companions in the future!

by DUNK67

KFC

by RUTHWR

You gotta get INSIDE the Biltmore first. That is about $35.00 per person. THEN, the food is a little on the expensive side.
Unless you are spending at least 6 hours inside The Biltmore that would not be the route to go.
Also, wait til that 1 yr old gets about 10 yo before taking him/her.
Strollers and toddlers are difficult to manage there.
If I were you I would go into
www.google.com and type in RESTAURANTS NEAR BLUERIDGE PKWY
Google knows everything!

by soccergrrl

I was hoping to get some glowing personal recommendations. But that's OK--we'll see what we find when we get there! And my friend's dad may already have an idea of what's good; don't know if he's been to the Asheville area much or not.

by FreeCloud

I do NOT think just eating there would cost you an admission fee. But I could be wrong. Check their website below to make sure.

We visited the Estate first during the first day, made the reservatin then went back for dinner the next evening. You would just have to tell them that you are going in for a dinner. The chateau (mansion whatever you call it, a copy of French chateau, the whole setting was) closes rather early, i.e., 5 pm, by the dinner time, no way can anyone sneak in it for a tour.

There are several restaurants inside, some are expensive, others are average (i.e., no more expensive than any average restaurant in D.C. area). But the food was very good, plus the view.

Have a good time!

by soccergrrl

Thanks, FreeCloud--I'll check out the site you gave and bring the info with me. I think I'll leave the dining decisions up to my friends, since I am more their guest. Looks like it's going to be chilly! I just hope the rain doesn't knock all the leaves off the trees . . .

by catherineRR

I recomend Little Pigs Barbque. It is clean, tasty and reasonably priced. There are several locations in the Asheville area-I've been to the one by Biltmore House

by soccergrrl

:-) I was completely puzzled when I saw the notice for this . . . Thanks for trying; I'll keep it in mind next time we head down that way. (If it makes you feel any better, we didn't get into Asheville "proper" anyway.)

by bluez123

ok, i am new to this...but can someone tell me a clean,affordable hotel to stay at...this is just for one nite ..i am coming from Kingsport tenn and need to know where the location is for the hotel you suggest.
Thanks in advance..Blue

by shoileygal

ummm, do any of these people answering you live in Asheville? Aside from LIttle Pigs, which is family oriented and a local favorite, you didn't get much advice. Asheville has the best local restaurants!!!! If barbeque doesn't thrill you, try Boston Pizza on Merrimon Avenue. If you want to really get with the "flavor" of the area....try the Fletcher Steak House in Fletcher. There's also the "Old Mill" in Weaverville. Or, go up on the Parkway and stop at the Pisgah Fish Camp. Downtown Asheville has several coffe/shop bistros. And if you want a view during lunch, try the Grove Park Inn. Finally, if it's a fine dinner, try Southside Cafe on Hendersonville HIghway (and feed the baby before you go). I've tried to point you in the direction of trying restaurants that are not chains and have a history to Asheville, but honestly, if you stroll downtown, you'll find plenty of options.

by darelocater

You tell 'em shoileygal! lol I am not from Asheville nor have I been there.However,I have done several very easy Google sarches,as I am a foodie and may relocate to Asheville.I am from NYC and I am very pleasd with the list of restaurants in Asheville.Grat ethnic cuisine variety.

By the way,I have read some dissapointing opinions on this site regrding waaaay too much crime in the Asheville area.Do you find this?I guess like auto theft break ins ect?? Thanks

Comments