1 Antler Hill Rd., Asheville, North Carolina, 28803, United States

getaroom.com

• DAO's Profile Photo

SEVERELY OVERPRICED

I have to state up front that I don’t get this hotel. I just cannot recommend it. This is a modern, almost characterless place. It is marketed as being on the Biltmore Estate and this is where the story starts to change. The Biltmore Estate is massive and in the beginning it had hundreds of square miles of gardens and forest. Today it is still a huge 8,000 acre expanse and this hotel is in the grounds. In fact the best feature of the hotel is the view over the mountains. Just do not expect to see or get close to the world famous Biltmore House – unless you buy a ticket. Yes – you do not get to drive around the full estate just because you paid a minimum of $269 of a room. A single room. 2 people? You may want to consult your bank manager before you make reservations. You are looking at a little over $400 for most rooms! Seriously – this is just a rip-off. The hotel is very nice, but it’s far from the Palace they are asking you to pay for.

The rooms are ok. Nothing luxurious, just nice. They do have good beds, excellent toiletries and it is absolutely quiet. Fair enough, but at this price you could stay at several luxury hotels in Asheville – twice. Possible more. Like I said, I don’t get this place. My brother had his (3rd) wedding here and stays here a lot on business. I would rather stay at the historic and charming Grove Park Inn any day.

On the plus side they have a bar (amazingly without any charm at all), an outdoor pool (some months), some excellent gift shops and a modern gym. You can also walk outside from the bar and see the mountain I grew up on. When I was a child I went to school with the children of one of the estate’s caretakers.

My recommendation? Stay elsewhere and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway if you want to really see the mountains and scenery. You can stop at dozens of places and go hiking or take a picnic. It just is not worth it to stay here for the money they charge. And they just keep charging. Want a ‘guaranteed’ view – that’s an extra $50 minimum! Want to see the Biltmore House and Gardens – even from the outside – yes tickets will easily set you back more than an additional $100! Now you understand. Save your money and see the Biltmore House. Give the Biltmore Hotel a miss and save a lot of money.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • 201 rooms and 9 suites set in beautiful woodlands
    • NO access to, or even sight of, the Biltmore House unless you buy tickets
    • Guaranteed views are an additional fee - starting at $50!
    • Outdoor pool and hot tub (open 6am-10pm and closed completely in Winter)
    • Small (oddly) outdoor seating area
    • Library, fitness center, bar, restaurant
    • A shocking lack of facilities given the prices

ROOMS:
    • Nice décor supposedly based upon English and French manor houses
    • Rooms are cleaned twice a day
    • Great beds
    • Complimentary bottled water, Coffee/Tea and daily newspaper
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bathrobe, slippers, great toiletries, mirrors and hairdryer
    • Complimentary overnight shoeshine
    • 24-hour concierge and meal service
    • Massive television
    • Table (writing desk)

• Nice Hotel/Expensive$$$$$$$$$$$$

Went forth of July weekend. My autistic son saw his first fire works. He didn't like it outside, but loved seeing them from our suite. I ate my first Lobster and my first duck. Loved room service. Most staff was helpful. Beautiful views. Many weddings/celebrations take place there. Booked Vanderbilt package. Loved my private tour of Biltmore Estate. No waiting in line for me Thank You! My guide was very attentive and offered to taylor my tour to my personal interests. Bring plenty of money! You will need it!

Unique Quality: Pool nothing special. Beautiful grounds and scenery. Many activities. Land Rover driving. I took rafting trip (float) on Broad River. It was lovely. I was so happy on my rafting trip. Staff sould be more CAREFUL. Guide almost smacked me upside my big head with his oar when he disembared from raft. This was a major spoiler for me. I felt like my trip had been Ruined. Room very clean and enjoyed tea service as well as resturants on property.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Amazing views and luxury accommodations

C'mon, you don't think I actually stayed here do you? Nope. But I did go take a look at the place. The staff was very friendly even though they knew we were just checking it out. There are 204 rooms some with terraces and balconies and nine luxurious suites. The Dining Room has an enormous stone fireplace and draws its menu from the resources of the estate, including the gardens and the vineyards.

Unique Quality: The views from the back of the inn are magnificent. You can eat on the stone porch and gaze out at a mountain sunset or just take dinner in your room. Either way, this is a top-notch place to spend a night or two.

Room rates vary with the seasons and range from around $189-$369.

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Getting away from it all while enjoying it all

The Inn on the Biltmore Estate is a luxury hotel within sight of the Biltmore Estate. It is too rich for my blood and it would take a special occasion for Mark to shell out the kind of change needed to stay here.

Unique Quality: There is a uniformed door man. Once you get into the lobby, you hear a pianist tinkling softly in the background (better, I reckon, than one tinkling loudly in the foreground). Just off the Lobby Bar is a balcony where people are still allowed to indulge in a fine cigar. There is a nightly turn-down service with chocolates, custom robes and slippers, concierge service, 24-hour room service, English bath amenities and in-room coffee makers, telly with in-room movies as well as Web TV.

Directions: From Interstate 26: Take I-40 East, then take exit 50.

• bdbrewer's Profile Photo

Biltmore Estates's Best Inn

Nestled in the mountains, Biltmore castle in the distance, impeccable service

Unique Quality: You will find no better accomodations anywhere

Directions: Located on the Estate property. You will be unable to miss it.

More about Inn on Biltmore Estate

A Relaxing Time was had by All

by TripAdvisor Member haahee

My cousin & I stayed at the Inn in September 2003. The Inn was so impressive. The view of the surrounding area was both lovely and so peaceful. We did the Bed & Breakfast Package, that is the way to go. All gratuities, valet parking, the price of admission to Biltmore Estate for the stay and breakfast in the gorgeous dining room was included in the price. After dinner at the Bistro, we enjoyed a terrific glass of Biltmore made white wine on the veranda. It was a lovely way to end the day. If you have a chance, take one of the special trips that is offered by the Estate. On my next trip back, I will definitely try out the hot tub, it is outside with a view to die for. I can't wait to go back with my boyfriend!

Elegant and informal luxury

The Inn is right on the 8000 acre Biltmore Estate which means you have the run of the place if you get tickets to the Biltmore House. A shuttle runs from the Inn all over the estate so you can park and never drive. The Inn itself is brand new, elegant, warm and comfortable. You are made to feel right at home by the welcoming and friendly staff. Guests wear jeans and sneakers, very informal, except in the hotel restaurant for dinner which prefers slacks, polos and/or jackets. The food is expensive, delicious and well prepared. The rooms are medium size with elegant and cheerful furnishings. The bed has down pillows and comforter. The view overlooking the winery is the best, with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background. Be sure to go down to visit the Biltmore House, the largest privately-owned residence in the US. There are special rates January-March. It is very crowded from Thanksgiving to New Years because Christmas is a big celebration at the house.

Simply GORGEOUS!

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at the INN. I can not say enough nice things about this place. The grounds are just gorgeous. I felt as though I was living in a French Country Manor all weekend long. The bedrooms are lovely and smell of wonderful french perfume. The views from our bedroom were of the mountains that surround the property. The windows of our bedroom framed the mountains perfectly and I felt as though I was viewing a beautiful painting each time I looked outside. Just had a wonderful time...and can hardly wait to return.

Inn at Biltmore is great!!!

My stay at the Inn at Biltmore was perfect. The accommodations were clean, view was wonderful, staff very helpful. It was close enough to the winery to walk. A great experience in every way!

So glad I picked the Inn

Just returned from a birthday trip to Asheville with my spouse for his birthday, and could not decide between the Inn at Biltmore and the Grove Park. I picked the Inn.

The drive into the estate was lovely at dusk and we reached the Inn after a breathtaking ride. The rooms are new and in an English decor. Each morning we sipped coffee on our terrace to the view of wildflowers. I loved the double sheeted down blanket and wonderful mattress. At night we sipped an after dinner drink on the bar terrace and looked at fireflies in the night. I felt like we were the only ones on the grounds.

We did stop by the Grove Park Inn just to confirm that we had made a good decision, and it is now confirmed. The lobby was filled with business travelers and the signature fireplace had a bar in front of it as hammers and saws zinged through construction noise. We viewed a room in the old wing and it was similar to the furnishings to 1970's decor.

I will return to the Inn again, it is certain.

What a wonderful place!

Where do I start? The Inn on Biltmore is wonderful. The attention to detail is unbelieveable, from the robes and slippers to the chocolates left on your pillow from turn-down service. The place is absoultely gorgeous. The rooms were beautiful with the huge comfortable bed and the large marble counters and sinks. Our room had the seperate tub and shower, so that was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This was the first time that my husband and I stayed at a TRUE luxury resort, and you can become spoiled very quickly. I would definitley reccommend this Inn to anyone who is thinking of visiting Bilmore. And make sure to take advantage of the valet parking while there too! This place is truly heaven. We upgraded our passes before we left, and I know that next time we return we will be staying at the Inn!

Comments