Princess Anne Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Princess Anne Hotel

The most charming "boutique" hotel

by TripAdvisor Member carbenno

We selected Asheville to spend a few days with our son and daughter-in-law who live in Chicago and my husband and I who are from Florida. We immediately fell in love with this charming, hospitable, lovingly restored boutique hotel located in a residential area. The owner, his wife and the staff could not have been more helpful. The hotel is impeccable, suites are lovely. A small counter kitchen with great coffees, chocolates, cookies, water and luxury toiletries were supplied. The breakfasts were great. We visited the Biltmore Hotel and were so happy we did not stay there. This hotel is "user friendly". Howard Stafford and his wife told us all about the history of the hotel and were very helpful suggesting restaurants, places to see and made our four days together an unforgettable experience. A little five month old baby with big blue eyes added to the attraction! I highly recommend the Princess Anne for a most relaxing vacation.

This place gets it right!

by TripAdvisor Member nomikins

I booked our stay based on the reviews given at TripAdvisor.com. This place gets it right! From the moment we pulled up in front of the property, to the moment we checked out, everything was superb. There is nothing negative that can be said about the Princess Anne.

Walking into the building, one really feels like they have stepped back in time. From the paint colors on the walls, to the furniture, everything was perfect. The staff are very friendly, courteous, and helpful.

Our accomodation was the grand suite, which had a nice kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and bathroom (with a clawoot tub). Everything was spotlessly clean, bed was comfortable, and the additional amenities were more than adequate. It could only have been better if they had bathrobes for our use.

Breakfasts were hot and delicious, and prepared expertly with a gourmet flair, and served with a smile.

The hotel is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, within walking distance to downtown.

Try the Princess Anne, you will not be disappointed!

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member KDanyeil

The Princess Anne Hotel is a lovely property with spacious rooms, lovely sitting areas and delicious food. The staff was very helpul and the accomodations could not have been better. I will return each time I visit Asheville. Also, the price can't be beat.

Nice rooms. Quiet location.

by TripAdvisor Member creativefunk

My wife and I wanted a room near downtown. The Princess Anne was situated at the very East end of Chestnut Avenue, within walking distance of downtown but not far off of well-trafficked Charlotte Street. Great area. Very quiet. A very good experience.

This charming hotel has wooden floors, a bit squeaky, but we never heard anyone from our third floor suite. Had I not known that it was near capacity, I would have thought we were the only ones there. Breakfasts were very nice, and there was a great selection of free wine (and snacks) in the lobby between 4:30 and 6:00.

The rooms and bath appeared very clean upon arrival. As I was doing my final scan (for those pesky personal items trying to make a break for it) before check-out, I glanced under the bed to find a lot of dust, and a previous guest's sock. Oops.

The desk is staffed only until 9 p.m. We arrived around 7, but I had no idea about the front desk closing and could easily have been distracted enough on the way down to show up after 9. I found it was listed on the Hotel's website under "Hotel Policy", but Expedia mentioned none of it, so now you know. The staff was courteous and helpful, but quite young. Mind you, I prefer a young, smart crew over an experienced, cranially-challenged crew any day. Problem was that these folks lost a package that was left for us by realtor. It arrived on a weekday morning, of which we were not notified. At breatfast the following day the hostess (the desk clerk serves double duty during breakfast) asked if we'd received our package, but when she went to the desk to retrieve it, it no longer resided there. Oops number two.

Don't be disuaded by the many words it took to describe two minor problems. We had a wonderfully relaxed three nights. The documents lost were local property listings and nothing critical. So, kick back, have a nice stay, grab a couple of glasses of wine and make sure to check with the front desk about messages every so often...

What a wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member loriw1a

This is the first time I've written a review on tripadvisor, but after staying at the Princess Ann, I decided I needed to join the chorus of guests who loved their stay at this charming and delightful inn. Our room, a suite, was spacious and comfortable, the historic character of the inn is charming, the public rooms are inviting and the breakfasts are to die for. While the inn is a bit outside the center of historic Asheville, the inn is located in a pleasant residential neighborhood where you can feel comfortable taking a stroll. All of the staff who assisted us were extremely helpful and pleasant.
Breakfasts are a real culinary treat. One morning, we had stuffed French toast, filled with a blueberry-cream cheese mixture, accompanied by creamy grits. Another morning, it was a crustless quiche, served with fresh fruit and a small croissant lacquered with honey.
This place is a find, and a good value.

What a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member goluna

I can't say enough about the Princess Anne Hotel. We stayed in the 2 Bedroom Suite with a living room/kitchenette in the middle and had the greatest experience. The rooms were spacious and the decor was appropriate for the style of hotel and the accomodations were extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was amazing and the inn was very accessible to major roads and highways. We felt like the level of service and accomodations were a great value for the price and will gladly return when we are in the area.

Impeccable!

by TripAdvisor Member InfinitesimalJ

The owners of this gem got it right! Everything here is done with a great deal of care. The decor and renovation are absolutely impeccable and the service couldn't have been more friendly or efficient. This is a very relaxing and comfortable place in every way. The wine and cheese in the afternoon on the porch was particularly pleasant and the breakfast every morning is made to order. Highly recommended!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Regchar

Princess Anne was great! We will probably stay here every time we come back to Asheville. It was quiet, the rooms were very CLEAN, the staff was friendly, the breakfasts were amazing. We were very pleased and think that it is worth paying a little more to stay here rather than a mediocre hotel somewhere else.

Quality and Value

by TripAdvisor Member MattB

A bit of a walk from downtown, but otherwise a great choice. An original and independent operation- not a stamped- out chain. Rooms are large and comforable, with wireless internet.

Breakfast included, and very good. Complimentary wine and snacks in the evening. Small gourment restaurant operation also on premises.

Large side porch for reading, cocktails, etc.

A value at the price.

Pack your own breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member Eumel

We stayed at the Princess Anne Hotel Nov. 2-4. The hotel, which is really more a B&B, is a nice, clean place with nicely decorated rooms and great little extras such as chocolate truffles and plenty of toiletries in each room. There's a wonderful common living room downstairs with fireplace and laptop computer. Now one could assume that with all this attention to detail, there would be a nice breakfast, too. BIG disappointment. While the quality of the food one morning was good, the following day was what you'd expect at (maybe) Waffle House. While that may be excusable (they had some sort of problem with the chef that morning), neither day offered anything more than a small plate of food - no "breakfast breads" as described in the advertisement. As a matter of fact, there was nothing at all; no bread; no fruit; no cereal; no jams or honey - NOTHING. A half a toasted English Muffin was on the plate with scrambled egg. When I asked if we could have some more bread and jam, I received the other half of the muffin and jam, which they swiftly took away again, because other guests had heard us ask for it, wanted some too, and it was the only jam they had (they have 16 rooms and where booked solid - all tables were occupied!). Now, if you don't mind spending over $300 a night and you are happy with a cup of coffee in the mornings, then you may like it... the coffee was excellent!

The bottom of my glassThe bottom of my glass

The Breakfast Room, Biltmore House, May 2004The Breakfast Room, Biltmore House, May 2004

Yarn and fabric shops and other outbuildingsYarn and fabric shops and other outbuildings

ASHEVILLE DOWNTOWNASHEVILLE DOWNTOWN