The Beaufort House Inn

61 N Liberty St, Asheville, North Carolina, 28801, United States

More about The Beaufort House Inn

Love the Cottage

by TripAdvisor Member jcrystal98

To start with I would just like to say how paient and understanding everyone was at the Beaufort House. My husband and I have been married for 6 years this June we never had a honeymoon. Never had a vacation at all the whole time we have been married. We have 3 kids that keep us going all the time. So we planed a get away the weekend after Valentine's Day. It was suppose to be for are late honeymoon, earily annerviersy, valentine's day and my birthday which is in feb too. But I got sick and was in the hospital so I called to reshedule our trip think oh no they are going to charge because I letting them know such late notice. But no they were just as nice as they could be. We rescheduled for the first weekend end March. Well the doctors said I was not well enough to go so I had to call back again to reschedule still everyone nice as could be. So finally my husband and I got to go the middle of March. I have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before my husband had though. I have never been treated anywhere nicer. We stayed in a cottage I never wonted to leave it. I din't wont to come home. We just in front of the fire place and watch tv all night no kids it was wonderful. The house on the outside was just beautful, and the inside it was like stepping into minature Builtmore House. They gave us a tour of the house and the history of the house. Jim and Chris were so nice to us it was like we were a part of the family. The breakfast was wonderful I had never ate quiche before and thought I would't like it but i did.

Beautiful and Relaxing with "homey" feel

by TripAdvisor Member spoildrotten

We really enjoyed our stay. The innkeepers are very personable and we felt very comfortable at all times. The house itself is a great treasure with lots of history. From the very first night we decided to come back. The whole experiance was very personal and we felt catered to in a sense. We only stayed for three nights but really enjoyed it. Our room was very private and nobody bothered us. We will be back time and again. Last but not least...the breakfast is great!!

The Rose Room

by TripAdvisor Member Joe-Jane

The Inn-keepers Chris & Jim made us feel really welcome from the moment we stepped through their front door. This is a lovely home, efficiently run with excellent reception support staff. The breakfasts were well thought out, fresh and very tasty. Our fellow guests were good company and we strongly recommend this is a base in which to explore the many attractions of Ashville and its surrounding area which are many and varied.

Wonderful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member a9305tkj

My husband and I had a wonderful four day stay at your B&B. While my husband was working, I enjoyed the beautiful Inn and front porch. Even better than that was the fabulous breakfast provided by Christine and her staff. We were within walking distance to the main part of town and about 3 miles from the Biltmore House, where we wandered around for 8 hours on Saturday. The Friday evening wine and crackers with all the other guests was a special treat and part of the reason that I enjoy visiting B&Bs.

As my husband will continue to visit Asheville for work, I'm sure that we will be back.

Toni & Jon Jimenez
Augusta, Georgia

Fantastic experience!

by TripAdvisor Member rireland

I had the best time at the Beaufort House Inn. The breakfasts were incredible. Chris and Jim as well as their staff made me feel like I was part of a family! They had great suggestions on where I should go to eat, etc.

It was my time to relax and get completely away from work and this was just the place. Reading on the porch in 'my' rocking chair surrounded by fragrant and beautiful flowers and the sounds of fountains. Or lounging on the chaise in the library (even dosed a bit while I was relaxing there!).

My room was charming and I used the jet tub every night to help me continue my relaxation!

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member futz

We had a great time .Chris and Jim are great hosts. There staff is also very helpful. They booked Biltmore for us and helped with directions.We really enjoyed the other guests at breakfast and also visiting on thier great front porch.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ezmereldav

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for our honeymoon, so we came back for our anniversary. The new owners have maintained, and even improved the quality of the inn. The breakfasts were wonderful! When we had to leave early to catch our flight home, they sent a light breakfast with us. Our only disappointment was having to miss that last breakfast!

Absolutely Loved Beaufort Inn!!

by TripAdvisor Member Nojiri276

This is one of the most beautiful B&Bs I've ever stayed in. The rooms are lovely, and the part we were in, a newer addition in the back, was also fabulous. Very modern amenities--jacuzzies in all the rooms our group stayed in.
Breakfast was gourmet and presentation lovely.
The hosts were so friendly and encouraged us to feel at home--tea was available all the time, nice parlor for reading or game-playing, beautiful porch. The gardens are also beautiful with multiple places to sit and relax in the parklike setting.
This B&B is within easy walking distance of shopping district of Asheville.
A wonderful experience in every way.

superb B&B

by TripAdvisor Member LondonStokies

Both Beaufort House and Asheville were delightful! The B&B is about 15min walk from the town centre: a gloriously maintained victorian style mansion with wood furnishings throughout and immaculate attention to detail.
The room we stayed in had a lush, comfortable double bed with embossed sheets we'd never seen before, a jacuzzi bath and a private patio with our own entrance. Chris was a great host and breakfast was two courses of fine ingredients which left us stuffed! A great experience.
Recommend: Jack of the Woods for live bluegrass music over a beer

Fantastic experience

by TripAdvisor Member jvb_7

We had a family gathering in Asheville and stayed at 2 cottages in the back and one in the lower level of the house at Beaufort in May 2008. Everything about our stay was perfect--the lovely owners Jim & Chris are personable, professional, friendly, and flexible. The breakfasts are wonderful. The house & cottages are elegant but easygoing and beautiful, not the "fussy" New England style of B&B that have lace & knick-knacks everywhere. The cottages in the back are luxurious with a hot tub in the room, porches with rocking chairs, comfortable beds. Jim & Chris encouraged us to completely feel at home while we were there and we did! We set up afternoon snacks/tea/wine in the lovely side garden, played scrabble in the lobby, etc. Sometimes there is a wine & cheese reception where you mingle (or not, your choice) with the other guests. The front porch has lots of rocking chairs. All in all, a lovely place to stay, and walking distance to the heart of Asheville (about 10-15 minutes). Highy recommended.

Comments