700 Biltmore Avenue, Asheville, North Carolina, 28803, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about The Residences at Biltmore

Special place! Cookie cutters will be converted

by TripAdvisor Member HelpUDside

My wife and I got away for a Valentine's Day weekend to The Residences at Biltmore. We were amazed about the level of comfort that we enjoyed as we are both Hotel General Managers. The courtesy call that we received prior to our stay and the level of service that we received while we their were both top notch. I must say that at most hotel's you see a pattern that borders on redundancy from one to the other. From the check in desk to the rooms, restaurant, pool, and excercise room you begin to feel that all hotels are designed by the same architect. Not at The Residences at Biltmore. The entire design is spacious, sophisticated, and elegant. If you are looking for a typical hotel stay this is not the place for you. If you want to be pampered and be in an environment that rivals the comforts of home this is the place to be. The staff was awesome remembering our names during our stay and the turndown chocolates different every night was a noticeably nice touch. Thank you Residences at Biltmore for making our trip special, we will be back.

The noise is a nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member sasset8

The rooms are very nice. Kitchen with granite/stainless appliances. Very well appointed and clean. However this is very quickly overshadowed by the paperthin walls. We could hear noise from every direction crystal clear. The biggest problem is the bedrooms-you are basically headboard to headboard just separated by a few inches of drywall (which I feel must not be insulated at all) Well we had our neighbors coming in at 2-3am. every morning slamming things around, fighting, and then well...doing "other things" very, very loudly for hours. Unfortunetly, they may as well been in the same room with us because the walls provided no buffer whatsoever. It was basically three nights of no sleep for us, a nightmare. Beyond just those particular guests you could hear conversations, televisions, etc. from various rooms on the floor. And the construction noise was ridiculous.
Bottom line-nice place, nice staff, no amenities such as pool, room service, etc. You are on your own to find off property entertainment. And I cannot warn people enough about the noise-if you are a light sleeper you will not like this hotel unless you are surrounded by empty rooms.
We were on the top floor and still plagued by the noise!

Luxurious Residences at Biltmore!

by TripAdvisor Member RebColby

My husband and I just stayed at the Residences at Biltmore over the Valentine's Day weekend. We found the hotel while doing a search for luxury lodging in Asheville. Other than the Inn on Biltmore Estate, Asheville has been lacking in the luxury lodging department. But not anymore!

We absolutely loved the Residences at Biltmore and would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to stay in a 5 star property that doesn't yet charge a 5 star price. The hotel is very new and one of the buildings is still under construction. But the building we stayed in was completely finished so we didn't worry about being on a "construction site."

The hotel is located in Biltmore Village and very close to downtown Asheville so it was super convenient to go places. There is no restaurant at the hotel yet (they said they are building one soon) so it is necessary to leave the property for meals. They do have some nice snacks and beverages though that are available for purchase at the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted at the door by our concierge. She was ready and waiting for us and the check-in was very quick. We barely had time to sip the complimentary champagne we were offered or enjoy the fire in the stone fireplace. But it was so nice to go someplace where you feel like you are expected and welcome. Everyone addressed us by name each time they saw us without even looking it up. Very impressive.

When we got to our room, I was delightfully surprised to see a beautiful arrangement of flowers, more champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. The hotel provides luxury concierge service so you can call ahead and arrange for almost anything to be waiting for you upon arrival. And they take care of all of your requests while you are there. My husband took me out to dinner and when we returned, there was a bath drawn in our jacuzzi tub sprinkled with rose petals and lovely candles all over the bathroom. My husband wanted to have a surprise waiting for me--and it was fantastic!

The rooms are so lovely and have an elegant mountain lodge atmosphere. We had a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. It included anything we would need should be want to cook (which we didn't). It had nice hard wood floors, spacious living room with a stone gas fireplace, dining area, and flat screen TVs--including one in the bedroom. The bed was gigantic and super comfy with a fluffy down comforter and great pillows. And the bathroom was the piece de resistance with the large jacuzzi tub (I aleady mentioned) and a big glass shower and granite countertops. It was one of the biggest bathrooms I have ever seen in a hotel of that size.

The room was clean and they provided turn-down service every night...complete with something sweet on your pillow. Again, the Residences at Biltmore know how to do it. They go big. They didn't leave a dinky chocolate on the pillow. Instead, they left a whole package of chocolate covered fruit--a different fruit each night. We had chocolate covered cherries and chocolate covered blueberries during our stay. These are signature candies of the hotel and they were delicious. I wanted to buy a huge box of them to take home with me. They also leave sweet "dream" cards by the bed with a nice, inspirational saying on them.

But the best part of the entire stay was dealing with the staff. They were polite, professional and accommodating. They know their stuff and it shows.

We will definitely return to the Residences at Biltmore in the future. I am looking forward to them completing all of the amenities like the restaurant and the pool. It will be an even more beautiful experience then.

Loved The Residences at Biltmore

by TripAdvisor Member Born-In-TX

The concierge staff called me at home the week before our trip to inquire if there was anything special they could do for us as they had noted we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. The place is beautiful. The accommodations were superb - more than we could ever have hoped for. As far as price in the off season, it was a steal of a deal!

I loved having the refrigerator with ice maker and the microwave. Had we known there was a blender in the kitchen, we would have bought ingredients to make margaritas. We were suprised to find a washer & dryer, too. Housekeeping does an A+ job. The concierge staff bends over backwards to accomodate guests. We will definitely go back!!!

wonderful place to stay in Asheville

by TripAdvisor Member 415sarahd

We had a WONDERFUL experience at The Residences at Biltmore. We stayed for three nights in a "studio" sized room which includes a full kitchen, flat screen TV, and a huge bathroom. The room was immaculate and the service was fantastic, with chocolates and a newspaper delivered daily. The location is also very central in Asheville - close to the Biltmore estate, close to the restaurants & nightlife in downtown.The property is still under construction so we got a great deal on the price. I would definitely stay here again.

Beautiful, Excellent Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member AGirlFromTN

My husband and I checked into The Residences at Biltmore Saturday, March 15. We found it online, and my husband called them directly to book a room. The pictures online simply do not do justice. We were expecting a "hotel room" and for $159 a night, what more should we expect? A lot more! We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite, and it was absolutely beautiful. There is a fully furnished kitchen, should you decide to stay in and cook - a lovely living area with a gas fireplace and flat screen tv on the wall. There is a whirlpool bath, tiled shower, and in the bedroom, another flat screen tv and very comfortable bed. Before our arrival, my husband received a telephone call and an email asking if there were any special requests he had for our weekend. My husband explained that in April of last year, I was broadsided by a man running a redlight on the eve of our anniversary, and this was our "anniversary" trip from last year, did they have any romantic suggestions for dinner? They sent us a list of suggestions, and they were so very gracious. Anything that you could want or need from a five-star hotel ... they will have it for you at The Residences at Biltmore. We cannot wait to return!

The Absolute Best Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member Melissa_8

My husband and I stayed at the residences for our honeymoon. It was a wonderful experience. The customer service and personal attention we received during our stay was second to none. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our honeymoon. We really felt like they were there to help us and not just trying to make a buck. They helped us get directions to where we needed to go, got us tickets to the Biltmore Estate, gave us tips about where to eat and visit. The room was awesome! It was very clean and had a contemporary feel to it. It was by far the best deal in town. It had twice the space and amenities for half the price of other hotels in the area. It has a different feel than your average hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are looking for a relaxing, stress free place to stay in Asheville that isn't too hard on your wallet.... the Residences at Biltmore is the way to go!

4 stars for now, but get there quickly...

by TripAdvisor Member we3travelersb

We love apartment-style accommodations since we now travel with a child, and the Residences at Biltmore met our needs perfectly. The positive things written by other guests are true--the staff is remarkably helpful and friendly; the units are very attractive and well appointed (but no scissors or brownie pans?!); the beds are super comfy; the location is wonderful. At this time, it is an outstanding value.

However...the build quality of these units is atrocious, and my guess is that the place will be falling to pieces in no time. Niceties like fancy TVs and granite counters cannot conceal the fact that there is virtually no soundproofing between rooms. We had friends staying next door, and our units shared the wall between the bathrooms and the kitchens. We could hear everything going on in those rooms. We did not have anyone staying above us, but our friends did and each night they were treated the sounds of a crying baby, a couple arguing, footsteps, frighteningly loud toilet flushes, and other sounds that should have been contained. The upstairs neighbors were really not being unusually noisy, but every they made sound carried downstairs. The noise issue and other small things like cheap HVAC units, cheap plumbing fixtures, and so forth lead me to believe that these units are all style and no substance.

Would we stay here again? I will certainly consider it for future trips, but I would ask for a top floor room and make sure to read reviews before visiting because I'm guessing the place will take a serious turn for the worse in three or four years.

Not a 5 Star - with Dirty Glasses

by TripAdvisor Member trekkingcat

Arrived for 2 nights. Looked like apartment buildings from exterior but interiors had been refurbished however. Also adding more buildings like the existing ones...so construction is still ongoing. Greeted promptly and professionally @ office during check-in. Stayed in one bedroom studio. Our units doors to rooms open to outside stairwell area so they aren't interior like a Hotel. Also, an undated letter in I found in the room states that there is temporarily no working sprinkler system! See pic of letter.

Interior had modern furniture and heat worked well however heating unit's fan was extremely loud at night although fireplace worked well. Kitchenette was modern with granite/stainless although appliances were dusty. Bathroom was modern with oversized towels. Complimentary shampoo/gel/cond. was unpleasantly scented in our opinion. Bed was comfortable but not any Queen size I've ever seen however. Measured approx. 50" width and looked more like Full-size. Did have sleeper sofa. Floors are uncarpeted with just tile and laminate.

Patio door and window blinds fitted with too much gap so small bit of lack of privacy IMO. Only view from room was to patio/parking lot, where noise from car doors, horns and voices was heard. Also heard hospital helicoptor twice (once @ 8 am) and train very late at night. However, train is probably heard from many hotels there.

Water was served in a carafe with drinking glass on nightstand during turn-down service. When I picked it up the glass was shockingly dirty with someone's lipstick and lip prints all around the rim. I immediatley called and complained (although it was late by that time) and night concierge (a younger female) just offered to have it removed.

Took glass to front desk in a.m. where again, the same young and seemingly inexperienced concierge/female thought it was funny.

When manager was finally informed, I received an apologetic phone message followed immediately by an unexpected visit/confrontation by both he and another man which disturbed us while we were trying to rest. No prior notice, just knocking and then him trying to enter by immediately using his key when I didn't answer in 5 seconds. He stated our room had been given a "deep cleaning" although I did not notice anything different or special from it as there were still dust bunnies on the floor and dusty kitchen appliances. White coverlet had a dirt/stain as well.

Incidentally, we received absolutely nothing at all comp'ed from this shocking dirty glass incident. Just apologies and an excuse like must have been "waterproof lipstick". Beware of the glasses! Please see pics I have added.

Also, this is not on the Biltmore House property so do not get this place confused with those on the Bilmore Estate! Also, I prefer a hotel atmosphere so I won't be staying again.

Asheville, NCAsheville, NC

Lush Topiaries, Biltmore House, May 2004Lush Topiaries, Biltmore House, May 2004

Interior of All Souls Episcopal ChurchInterior of All Souls Episcopal Church