Atlantic Beach Hotels

Our Members Say

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6578

Showboat Motel: Not on the List

I took this picture because of the name of the hotel, but I know nothing about it.

The sign says:

• grandmaR profile photo grandmaR
  • Reviews: 6578

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A Place at the Beach: Near Fort Macon

These condos have three floors and the FIRST floor is either a steep ramp or a shorter ramp and about 12 steps up from the parking lot. There's a big area painted yellow at the bottom of the ramp.

When we came back from dinner on March 6th, we saw a man lying half in the parking lot. This fat guy and 4 bags was/were lying in the yellow area. I think he tripped on a little 2" lip that the ramp had.

We walked over to where he was lying - I had my cell phone out in case of a trap, and Bob asked him if he was OK and could he get up and should we call 911. He said not to call 911, but he couldn't get up. So Bob tried to help him without success.

I walked around and looked at the situation and than told him firmly "You need to get up on your knees", and then I helped Bob to get him up to his knees. Then I said firmly, "Now one foot", and he did that, and asked me if I was a nurse. I said, No, but I'm fat and have trouble getting up too.

He said he had tried to take too much stuff to his room (which was on the THIRD floor) and he would put his bags back in the car and just take up what he needed for the night. He put 2 bags back.

So we went on up to our unit which is only on the 2nd floor and even so we have trouble climbing up to it - we haven't unloaded everything out of the car. Then I called the security guy and told him what had happened.

April -May 27 (least expensive)
1 1/2 Bdrm SV (max 6 people) 7 Nites 399.89
2 Nites 170.00

June 7 -Aug 21 (most expensive time)
7 Nites 940.34 (not available for less than a week)

I thought I had booked a two bedroom, but our unit is a one bedroom with a studio. The difference is that a true two bedroom would have washers IN the unit, whereas we have to pay $1.25 to use the washer. Everything is built on an angle so that each unit can see the ocean.

The entrance door comes in opposite a mirror, and then next to that is a bathroom with a shower. If you turn right, there's a bedroom with a double bed (and another one of those windows into the hall), and a full bathroom. In the other direction is a pullman kitchen (everything on one wall), and a living room with a TV, two couches, three windows and a sliding door onto a little patio. There's a dining room table, and then there's a small room which can be divided off with a sliding door with a 3/4 bed and a dresser in it.

Friday, the trash truck came and then they mowed the "lawn" (which is dead brown grass and doesn't need mowing), and then they came with a blower, but everything available to be blown away has been already blown away.

I went out and took pictures of the surf. The pool in the center of the units has water park type slides (150 ft long) and also there is a heated indoor pool..

I called down and asked them about checkout procedures and they said to strip the beds which no-one else has asked us to do. I finally found the phone book and information which was in a drawer under the TV.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written March 8, 2005
Tip Photo

Pool with slide (out of sight at right)

• beachbuzzard profile photo beachbuzzard
  • Reviews: 3
Seahawk Motor Lodge: Seahawk Motor Lodge

During the Summer months a room runs $130 weeknights and $140 on weekends for 2 adults.

Seahawk is not fancy, but it is clean and it's a smaller oceanfront motel, which we like. The rooms are small and plain with tropical print. First floor rooms have sliding glass doors to a patio which has direct access the pool and beach. A grass lawn area surrounds the pool and leads to the dunes, where the stairs lead to the beach. I wouldn't recommend to those used to being pampered.. this is for those that are looking to spend time down at the beach and only be in the room to sleep, use bathroom, shower and get something to eat.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average