101 Flat Creek Rd, I 40 E Ex 64 W Ex 65 Rt 70E, Bl

Travel Tips for Black Mountain

Black Mountain Birdie

by blackmtnbirdie

"Small Town"

There is something we all love and appreciate about a small town. Now not every "small" town lives up to its name and the emotional connection that it provokes...but here, in Black Mountain, NC, we are fortunate. This truly is a small town in size, in population, and most notably in essence. I especially love holidays in a small town, where we come together to celebrate something we share, to mingle, and re-establish why we are a part of this community. I don't know if the identity of true community is being resurrected, or if I am just more aware and thankful for it as I have put down my roots and started raising a family. However, I do tend to think...actually I know...we need each other, differences and similarities alike. So, neighbors, friends, those I know by face and not name (which are many!), those who call Black Mountain home, and those who wish they did, the year-rounders, and the weekenders...you all make this community what it is and that is the reason we all love it so much!

Comments