Folkestone Inn

101 Folkestone Road, Bryson City, North Carolina, 28713, United States
AMOMA.com

More about Bryson City

Kids on BridgeKids on Bridge

Help me make some vacation decisions, please.

by mrsneurotic

We will be staying at a rental home Bryson City the first week of June. I have teenaged boys with me, my husband and parents. We would like to hike a few moderately difficult trails that take us to really great views. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have bought several travel guides and I'm becoming familiar with the area, but to be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed. Thanks in advance for your input. We will also go whitewater rafting, any suggestions on this topic? :)

by donato1899

The Nantahala Outdoor Center is the best for rafting. An easy drive from Bryson City.
Hiking?
The Appalachian Trail is very near there. On the way to Robbinsville, at Stecoah Gap, The Appalachian trail crosses the road into Robbinsville.
On the Blue Ridge Parkway there are hikes up to mountain tops.

by mrsneurotic

Thanks. I was considering NOC, it does look like it has a lot to offer.

by yoginimom

Can I piggyback on your question please? We want to visit the Great Smoky National Park in the summer and also do water sports. We can't decide whether to stay in Maggie Valley(much better selection of 6 bedroom homes) or Bryson City. Any opinions from those who know the area. Thanks-
Suzi

by donato1899

Bryson City is closer to the Nantahala Outdoor Center, the best of the whitewater rafting outfitters.
Maggie Valley is closer to the Smokey Mountain National Park.
Maggie Valley may have a slight edge on restaurant and shopping choices.
Both are nice towns.

Travel Tips for Bryson City

Bryson City, North Carolina

by jholley534

Bryson city is an amazingly beautiful place that's home to much of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, including its highest peak, Clingmans Dome. They have the Nantahala River, one of the nation's most popular whitewater venues and Fontana Lake with the highest dam east of the rockies. There's even Deep Creek which provides an awesome tubing experience.

There's cascading trout streams, biking and hiking trails and spectacular mountain views. beautiful mountain roadways, including the southern leg of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the curvy "Tail of the Dragon" at Deal's Gap. You can ride a historic steam-powered train or you can experience the rich cultural heritage of the Cherokee Indians.

There are a variety of lodging accommodations available from campgrounds to quaint motels to private cabins and cottages to delightful country inns, lodges, bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals.

Comments