47497 NC Highway 12, Buxton, Buxton, North Carolina, 27920, United States

Conner's SupermarketConner's Supermarket

Fox Water Sports BuxtonFox Water Sports Buxton

Outer Banks MotelOuter Banks Motel

Travel Tips for Buxton

The beaches of Cape Hatteras...

by NCBabyCat

The beaches of Cape Hatteras are a piece of paradise on this earth we live on. Nowhere have I found a place to find peace and tranquility as I have here. Walking on the beach at about 1 a.m. is comparable to nothing else. The stars are like candle lights. The surf is soothing. Truly if you want to feel as if you have found someplace no one else has been..make sure you visit the beaches at about 1 a.m. on a clear night..stretch out a blanket...watch the stars...and prepare to become lost in paradise. I am planning on moving in the next couple of weeks. I am going to miss the ability to go to the beach as I want to. I will however realize what it is about the island I love by leaving it. I will miss what I have discovered about the island..how much it has become a big part of me. I will however have the ability to visit it anytime I wish..we are keeping the place we live in now.

Kiteboarding, Saliboarding and surfing!

by tpangelinan

When it comes to water Sport these guys are it! The do it all from making surfboards, kiteboards and sailboards then teach you how to use them with great skill. Fox Water Sports has been in business since 1976, the staff has been surfing or boarding forever and they got skills! So go check them out.

The photo is only for their sign, the house is not their building, theirs is much better!

Fishin' Tackle

by tpangelinan

OK, this is a fishin town just like the rest of the Outer Banks, Cape Hatteras National Seashores Recreation area along the Barrier Islands. There is a lot of great fishing off the coast or in the Sound the fishing is know world wide! Here is a place in Buxton NC to pick up some of those thing you may have forgotten or lost, the Lighthouse Tackle!

Lighthouse hunting in the Outer Banks!

by tpangelinan

Go check out the Bodie Island Lighthouse, go up Route 12 north to the Oregon Inlet and on the north side you will see the lighthouse, just drive up Route 12 a little bit more and turn left, Watch for the sign because it's not that big. This is an other beautiful lighthouse located on the outer banks barrier islands. An other great photo op, so grab your camera and go take some shots! Check our Nags Head page for more history about this lighthouse.

Lighthouse hunting in the Outer Banks! 2

by tpangelinan

Go check out the Ocracoke Island Lighthouse on Ocracoke Island. Now you head south on Route 12 to the free ferry at Hatteras Village, take the ferry over to Ocracoke, it take about 45 minutes, then you take Route 12 to the other side of the island of Ocracoke and hang a left at the water. This is a small lighthouse and walk up tours are not available. For more history on this lighthouse please check out our Ocracoke page.

Comments