100 CHARLOTTE AVENUE, Carolina Beach, NC 28428
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Courtyard By Marriott Carolina Beach

AWESOME Hotel!

This hotel was one of the nicest, best places I have had the privelege of staying. I chose this hotel because my family and I wanted to go to the beach the week of July 4th. Many of the other area beaches are too crowded at the 4th...but not Carolina Beach. Not one time during the week did we experience crowds or traffic. It was wonderful!

I liked the security of having to have a room key to get in all the doors from the beach, the indoor pool, and things like that. The hotel is clean, the pools are small but great!

The only semi-complaint I have is regarding the mattresses. They are hard. But I was still very comfortable...even on the down pillows. The room had 5 down pillows for 2 beds. Not bad...and I'm sure that they would have offered us more if we had asked.

Our room was always cleaned promptly, plenty of towels, plenty of comfort, and I loved the wireless Internet connection.

Wonderful!

Great Hotel!!!

My best friend and I spent 2 nights at this great hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and you can't get any closer to the beach. All rooms are oceanfront with a balcony. We had an incredible view of the pool area as well as the ocean. Rooms are spacious and very clean. We did bring our own pillows after I read the "Pain in the Neck" review, however we didn't need them. The beds and pillows were actually quite comfortable.

It was so nice to get up each morning and smell the ocean as we sat on the balcony. We spent most of the day playing in the waves and relxing on the beach. Bring your own lawn chairs unless you want to rent them.

Whenever it was time to head out to a resturaunt, the people at the front desk were very helpful. One man even drew us a map to Wilmington with resturaunt suggestions. Although there isn't too much of a nightlife right near the hotel, (it's more for relaxing), there's a fun resturaunt just down the boardwalk called "The Hula Grille" that I would highly reccomend, there is even a live band on most nights. "The Old Salty" is great for lunch, possibly the best fish sandwich I have ever had (and it was $3.75!) Also the pancake place across the street is very inexpensive and the berry waffles were fantastic.

We were very pleased with this hotel and will definitely be back to visit if in Carolina Beach!

Good Hotel

Make no mistake, this is a very nice hotel, very new and very clean. The few from the balcony is very nice also. I personally did not have any problems with the bed or pillows. I did feel however that the bathroom could've been cleaner, also housekeeping was incredibly slow about servicing our room.

Another small problem is the area, when my wife and I walked down the boardwalk in front of the hotel, there were some pretty sleazy looking places, some sort of pool hall and an arcade or something.

All in all, it was good and I suppose just being oceanfront is a big plus.

Housekeeping Problems

by TripAdvisor Member MoovinOn

The Courtyard Carolina Beach is a very nice property with a great front desk and restaurant staff. It is too bad that the housekeeping staff is not so great. On our first day our room was never cleaned. The housekeeping staff left all the garbage and dirty towels collected from the rooms they did clean on the floor next to the elevator until the next morning. On the second day the room was not cleaned when we returned from the beach at 3PM. The room was ready at 4PM but the bathroom was not cleaned well. On the third day we left a note asking for extra towels because only three towels had been left the day before. No extra towels were left but four towels arrived about 45 minutes after we called the front desk. Our experience was shared by several other people we talked to in the elevator and at the pool. Everyones guess is that the housekeeping staff is short handed as the late cleaning and not clean comment was common. This is something that the Courtyard can sort out so I will not say stay away just be aware of some late season issues.

Personnel and Restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member spengle1

We ate in the hotel restaurant twice and were treated as if we were guests of the hotel (this trip we stayed in a 3 bedroom apt to accommodate our group). The desk staff were quick to answer any questions we had about the area. The wait staff were friendly, competent and attentive. They were especially good with the 3 little boys with us (6,8,9). When we returned for our second dinner, they remembered us - seated us at 'our' table and thanked us for coming back. We were using Restaurant.com coupons yet received first class service. The food was quite good for a hotel family style restaurant.

We found the lobby attractive and comfortable. We had drinks from the bar and enjoyed relaxing with the drinks in the lobby while the boys watched TV. We definitely plan to return and stay at the hotel next time we're at Carolina Beach - the staff made that decision for us.

Loved the Marriot

by TripAdvisor Member Beverly_Fender_2004

Just returned from spending a week at the Marriot with 14 members of my family. It was a wonderful hotel, very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Loved being right on the beach and the pool was great too. Had dinner three times at "Old Salty's" down the boardwalk because they had the BEST seafood in town. We will certainly go there again next year!

Expected More

by TripAdvisor Member charlottehokie00

My wife and I stayed here in July of 2005. The room we stayed in was clean, but had a funny smell that remained during our entire two night stay. This is your average Courtyard room only with the addition of an ocean view and a higher rate. The breakfast buffet is overpriced at $10 a person. If you must stay in Carolina Beach this appears to be the nicest hotel on the beach. The ability to walk to the Boardwalk was nice, but there was very little to do in Carolina Beach. We spent our evenings in Wilmington. If you want a much nicer beach experience I would look for a room at Wrightsville Beach. The beach was much nicer and its located closer to Wilmington.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member mamaof3lovesDisney

Just got back from the Courtyard by Meriott at Carolina Beach. We paid $303.00 (includes tax) for a 2 queen suite because that's all that was available. I guess my expectations where too high. There was a strange odor in the hall but not as strong in the room. The room was small and the bathroom could have been cleaned a little better. Our kids enjoyed the pool and there was direct access to the beach. Fireworks Thurs. night were wonderful. All in all I rate it "just OK". It's your average Courtyard by Merriott just over priced.

Great Hotel

I love the Wilmington area, but had a tendency to avoid Carolina Beach based on it's past reputation. I recently stayed at the Courtyard that was built there a couple of years ago and it has changed my view of the beach as a whole.
There has been some new construction going on in that area and it is becoming a more visually pleasing place and the courtyard has made it so that you would'nt mind spending some time there. The hotel has cool accomodations and some nice amenities as well. All rooms are oceanfront and it has two pools, indoor and outdoor. It also has a full service resturant and a sm lobby bar, I'd like a lounge type bar personally but it works.
The rooms themselves are great, oceanviews with balcony and nice size bathrooms. Bedding was a little uncomfortable, but I'm a Marriott rewards member so I hear they are upgrading the room linens.
If your looking for a place to relax and just enjoy some quiet time with your family or alone, I definitely recommend this oceanfront hotel. Oh yeah and the beaches are not crowded with people and are very nice.

Nicest Place in Carolina Beach

by TripAdvisor Member CarolinaMatt

I stayed for 3 nights at the Carolina Beach Courtyard by Marriott. I was in room 911 (non-smoking, 2 queen beds). The hotel is beautiful and new. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The outdoor pool area was very nice and the beach is wonderful and not crowded at all. The room was great. Good size, furniture in great shape, balcony with a great view. The bathroom was large with hot water and good water pressure. No parking problems at all. The food at the restaurant was very good, with good wait staff. However, it is very pricy. I highly recommend this hotel. It is the nicest hotel in Carolina Beach, but is worth every penny.

A toast to the beautiful Atlantic OceanA toast to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean