- Reviews: 244
Carolina Beach State Park: Carolina Beach Camping
Carolina Beach State Park has a great campground for camping near the beach. Despite the name, the state park is on the Cape Fear River side of Pleasure Island and not on the beach. But it's an easy to walk to the beach in the town of Carolina Beach and a short drive to Kure Beach or Wrightsville Beach. And, where else can you stay right by the beach during peak tourist season for less than $10 per person!
There are actually two campgrounds in the park. The family campground has more than 80 campsites under a shady oak forest. Potable water, indoor bathrooms, and hot-water showers are located in the family campground. The group campsites are located off the Swamp Trail, requiring a hike in. But its an easy backpack - about 400 yards from the parking area. There is no water and only pit toilets here.
A beautiful setting of maritime forest just a mile or two from the beach. And if you're lucky, you may spot a Venus flytrap!
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- ME Madrid Reina Victoria
- Ramada Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Northwoods Inn & Suites
- Lake Kenyir Resort & Spa Terengganu
- Ramada Inn Downtown Sheboygan
- Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
- The Carlton Hotel
- Best Western Hollywood Hills Hotel
- Microtel Inn & Suites Hutchinson
- Comfort Inn Lithia Springs
- Laguna Redang Island Resort
- Residencia y Restaurant Fernando III Sevilla
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Minneapolis - Airport West Bloomington
- Banyan Tree Maldives