The Savannah Inn

316 Carolina Beach Avenue North, Carolina Beach, North Carolina, 28428, United States

• HORRIBLE SERVICE

NOT KID FRIENDLY!!! This past weekend was my mother in laws bday and she and hubby stayed at the Savannah Inn the same weekend I found out I was pregnant (supposed to be a happy moment right) well to share our Delightful news we decided to surprise them and show up to congratulate the new grandparents to be and celebrate her birthday with cupcakes!!!!! Needless to say when we pulled in the parking lot we were rudely met with the owner and all of her horrid remarks, we politely explained our reasonings behind stopping by and how we gravely apoligized but we were only staying a very short time giving the news, let the kids (other grandchildren) get there feet wet, have a cupcake and we would gladly ride the 2 hrs. back home without imposing on their facility any longer. We left the hotel right after a brief explanation on the porch with my in laws and all jumped in our vehicles to sight see, we came back to the inn an hr. later walked out to the water (not even on beach 20 mins.), then headed with our 3 small children back to the room to rinse sand off of them and get them changed into warm clothes. The second we walk in the room the owner/manager whom ever she was was in the doorway stating that if we were all taking showers and staying in the room my inlaws would need to pay for us we were breaking hotel policy etc. etc. etc. then stomps off without giving anyone a chance to explain that we could not drive home with 3 soaked freezing children without rinsing their legs off and dry clothes. It was the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life and I worked for 8 yrs. in the customer service field, I am appualed at the way we were spoken too and sadly this woman RUINED OUR ENTIRE BIRTHDAY SURPRISE. We quickly changed the kids and were out of the Rancid Savannah Inn within 5 minutes and needless to say we had to bring the cupcakes back with us because we weren't Allowed the time to let the birthday Grandma and her grandkids eat a d*mn cupcake. My inlaws were planning to stay an additional night but after the unprofessional manner in which we all were treated are coming back a day early so we can try and SALVAGE a ruined birthday experience. I could understand if we had actually harmed the inn in some way or even if we had used up all there parking but there were a total of 3 cars in the lot and we didn't bother a soul the problem is that this owner is a nosey old bat and as long as you are on her property sitting and talking with her and not making a sound you are welcome but lord forbid you walk down the hall or a child talks and she will be at your door screaming of policies that you never saw nor even signed soo THANK YOU SAVANNAH INN for reminding me that families are NOT welcome in your inn PERIOD!!!!!! And my family will never set foot on your property ever again until under new management I would not reccomend this inn to anyone not even my own grandparents because peace and quiet is one thing but INTRUSIVE REPULSIVE REMARKS from the management/owners of this whole in the wall inn should not be put on any guest ever. Oh and THANKS AGAIN FOR RUINING ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE EVENTS OF MY LIFE, and had you not been such a horrible person you would have received a cupcake like we had promised had you allowed us the time to do it....

Unique Quality: They are unique with sending you home EARLY!!!

Directions: Beach near harbor

• Recent visit not up to usual standards

I've stayed at Savannah Inn many times over the last several years, and I've come to love it. Sadly, my recent visit was not up to the usual standards. I love the quaint, cottagey feel and prefer this type of place to newer accommodations with every room the same. SI is a family-owned and operated property, and I know that this economy is not kind to small business. I think the reality of that has taken a toll on this property. The pool was not dirty, but sand and a grease film around the edge was never cleaned. On past visits, the pool was spotless and you could see the staff clean it daily. Our deck chairs had a broken foot rest and rusty nails, and the paint was peeling so badly you could not sit in them without wearing it. Our toilet was rusty and looked absolutely nasty. I know it was only rust, but it was very off-putting and frankly unacceptable. Clorox would fix that, and that should have been done. Our back door wouldn't lock. We've had trouble with that in other rooms. The kitchen was not as well-stocked this time - no pot holders for example. If this were the first time I had seen the property, I would not come back. It is in serious need of a facelift - just small things that I've mentioned, but things that must be done if they want to do a good business.
    To touch on the good, the owners are very nice, the place is very cute and the location is awesome. The linens are very clean - even the shams and comforter I believe are washed every time someone checks out. Bottom line, the owners need to do some work to keep this place up. Especially the toilet and the pool bothered me. My friend told me point-blank she will not stay there again. I hate that, but I understand it. I am very sad. I love the SI, and this stay was not up to par. I really hope they take care of the things that need to be done. I like old and quaint. I do not like rust and peeling paint and unlocked doors. Currently, I could not recommend this property to a friend.

Unique Quality: Great location, decks and pool. Friendly service and nice, clean linens. The rooms are very nicely decorated.

Comments