Crowne Plaza Charlotte Hotel

Priceline.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 80% more and rated 13% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Horrible Parking

I had an appointment at this Hotel for an outside Event. I was there 1 hour and 40 minutes. When I arrived at the Hotel, I was not given a parking ticket so I did not think anything about parking in the deck. When I went to leave, it was a mad house trying to get out of the deck.....cars everywhere trying to leave all at the same time. When I finally reached the front enterence, a lady parking attendant approached me stating that it was $7 for parking. I informed her that I did not have any cash on me, she rudely pointed to the back of the parking deck stating there is an ATM and walked off, leaving me to get out of the crowded line myself. When I finally got out of the line to circle around to where she pointed to, there was no ATM, unfortunately making my way BACK to the crowded line. After getting out of the line again, I make my way to the lower level where I again find no ATM! I finally had to Park....again....and go back inside to see if there was an ATM and of course didn't find one. A manager approached me and asked if I needed assistance and stated my issue and he directed me to the front desk where I could pay my $7 for parking. REALLY? What a money hungry Hotel this is to charge people participating in an Event $7 to park and not let them out of the parking deck until they pay for my 1 hour and 40 minute visit! I spent 20 minutes getting out of the parking deck! RIDICULOUS!! As I was waiting in line to pay my parking fee, I overheard them telling a potential guest that overnight parking was $15 in addition to your room fee, of course he walked away not happy and refused to rent a room. I have a BAD taste in my mouth regarding this Hotel and will NEVER stay here and will be sure to tell everyone I know and anyone coming into town, to never stay here. I was told at the Event that over 1200 people would be coming to that Event throughout the weekend, 1200 X $7 you do the math.....Rip Off! And you might want to teach your Parking Attendents some manners as well!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Four Points By Sheraton Charlotte Uptown

This place was a great deal and in a great location right in downtown. The hotel was about 15 minutes from the airport and across the street from the downtown courthouse. The room was standard and comfortable and it even had a small balcony. The hotel also provides free parking in the garage and the room rate included the breakfast buffet and yet another chance to sample a bit of southern food.

The 4 Points hotels are generally smaller versions of Sheratons with less amenities. But this hotel had breakfast, a fitness room and a pool, for anyone so inclined to partake. Not a bad deal for $79.

Comments