3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

5624 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28217, United States
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Charlotte

View of the city while flying into the airportView of the city while flying into the airport

Carolina Panthers logoCarolina Panthers logo

Charlotte SpeedwayCharlotte Speedway

web shotweb shot

En route to Atlanta

by csuresh

We are driving down from Charlotte to Atlanta. We want to know what are the places enroute to Atlanta or around Atlanta. Although we have noted down few places within Atlanta to visit, let me know if anything I should not miss to see.

by grandmaR

It will double the distance you have to drive, but I would go by way of Great Smokey Mountain National Park and Chattanooga. The park is about 200 miles from Charlotte, and then the remaining distance to Atlanta is less than 300 miles.

by glabah

I certainly second Stone Mountain. Aside of the gondola ride to the top, there used to be a huge outdoor pipe organ nearby, and a few other attractions.

by csuresh

I visited Atlanta 2 months back but got a chance to give an update of my trip now only. We planned to visit many places but ended up only visiting Coca cola Museum, Aquarium and Swaminarayan temple. Attractions were nice. It rained the 2nd day of our trip and reduced our programme. We planned to go separate trips to Asheville and Smoky mountains. Also planning another trip to Atlanta in May and want to cover snow mountain. Thank You all for your suggestions.

Travel Tips for Charlotte

acemj and me

by b1bob

Mark and I have been friends for a long time. He has been to Richmond twice (as of July, 2004) and I've been to Charlotte twice as of March, 2004. As some have read, when we get together, excellent adventures are guaranteed. Mark and I tease each other so much that some folks might think we don't like each other at all, but we tease each other because we do. This picture was taken by the waitress at Brazas where we celebrated Mark's birthday.

Carolina Raptor Center

by heatherlepinski

A living museum where you can get an up-close look at birds of prey. A trail through the woods takes you past aviaries with live raptors that have been injured/disabled and could not survive in the wild. Carolina Raptor Center is open everyday of the week, but there are usually programs or tours on weekends. Entrance fee is minimal, and all the money goes to help rehabilitate injured birds. Located within Latta Plantation Nature Preserve off from Beatties Ford Road just north of Charlotte. Look for the brown sign on I-77 or get directions from the website.

Good choice for live music

by acemj about The Visulite

If you want to hear some good live music while in town, check The Visulite's website for what's going on when you're in town. They have a wide range of music on display practically every night of the week. It's a fairly cozy venue and the size is just right for really seeing and really hearing an artist perform.

Nouveau Southern

by FreeCloud about Mimosa Grill

It is a very popular place, large with an open kitchen.

There are booths and large tables, very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. It could be loud when getting crowded (sometimes have to wait in line during lunch time). Southern cuisine with a comteporary touch.

- The cried oyster salad $13 (roughly).
Despite that I prefer raw oysters to cooked most of the time, the salad is very good.

- Braised Duck with Sweet Potatoes $19.95
Very tasty, see photo.

More Ragin' Cajun

by acemj about Boudreaux's Louisiana Kitchen

Just going to this place will give you a certain chic feeling as you travel to the trendy, artsy NoDa neighborhood. The walls are decorated with art from the nearby Center of the Earth Gallery. The owners are grads of Virginia Tech and this is the second Boudreaux's (the original is in Blacksburg, VA). The owners are brothers and their father was a musician who played in the French Quarter in New Orleans and these experiences find their way onto your plate when you dine here. They serve a mix a Cajun and Creole cuisine (check out my New Orleans page for an explanation of the difference) and also have New Orleans beers on hand. I enjoy the Blackened Catfish. Most dishes are under $10, but with drinks and appetizers you'll probably spend around $20 per person.

Comments