Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

4920 South Tryon St (frmrly Summerfield Suites Htl by Wyndham), Charlotte, N Carolina, United States

HYATT house Charlotte Airport
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Beware of leaving your vehicle

I stayed at the hotel for three weeks while in NC for business.
    The hotel itself was fine, and the food offered in the mornings and evenings was fine.
    However beware of the staff and security guards. Here is what happened: On my checkout day, I went to the parking lot and unlocked my vehicle with my remote keychain, and upon opening the driver side door, I immediately noticed the vehicle had been gone through. The glove box was opened, and items from the center console were scattered on the driver and passenger seats. As I turned to shut the door, I then noticed items in the bed. They included a briefcase and laptop bag, which did not belong to me.
    I went back in to the hotel, straight to the front desk, reported the break in and asked the man running the front desk to call the police.
    The staff person at the desk replied that there was no point in calling the police right away. He explained that break ins happen a lot here, and the police can’t (or won’t) come, until later in the morning.
    During this conversation, the security guard came over and said before her shift started, around 9pm the night before, she noticed the truck had been broken into. She had in her possessions items from the truck including the frequent player cards. She explained she found them in the parking lot. This indicated to me that a bag of change I had stored in my center console, which is also where I had stored my player cards had been stolen.

From first glance, the truck showed no indication of entry. The driver side lock was damaged, but not immediately noticeable. Additionally, my truck sits pretty high, and I find it suspicious she was able to see in, and take note of the items askew, just on her way in for her shift.
    If she had noticed these items the night before, I inquired why I had not been contacted, as my name is plainly visible on the cards. She then explained that she did inquire with a lady at the front desk , but there was no record of my name as a guest. I also found this hard to believe, because not only did I have a reservation, my name was included on the shuttle service list, used everyday for the last three weeks.
    When this incident was discussed with my business associates also staying at the hotel, they explained to me that they had noticed the security guard looking in car windows as they were coming and going from the hotel parking lot.

Although this can only be speculation, I whole heartedly believe this security guard played some role in the break in. Or the security company hired by the hotel is not hiring competent trustworthy employees.

• Nice hotel, great value

Service, facilities, amenties, and rooms were all very good. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was very clean and comfortable. The extra space is great when traveling with a 2-year old. We paid $60 per night for the room which I thought was great for a suite.

Unique Quality: Great complimentary full breakfast buffet.

Directions: Approximately 5-7 miles from Carowinds Theme Park