Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Theme Park Trips Family Travel
See Amenities

Beware of leaving your vehicle

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for three weeks while in NC for business.
The hotel itself was fine, and the food offered in the mornings and evenings was fine.
However beware of the staff and security guards. Here is what happened: On my checkout day, I went to the parking lot and unlocked my vehicle with my remote keychain, and upon opening the driver side door, I immediately noticed the vehicle had been gone through. The glove box was opened, and items from the center console were scattered on the driver and passenger seats. As I turned to shut the door, I then noticed items in the bed. They included a briefcase and laptop bag, which did not belong to me.
I went back in to the hotel, straight to the front desk, reported the break in and asked the man running the front desk to call the police.
The staff person at the desk replied that there was no point in calling the police right away. He explained that break ins happen a lot here, and the police can’t (or won’t) come, until later in the morning.
During this conversation, the security guard came over and said before her shift started, around 9pm the night before, she noticed the truck had been broken into. She had in her possessions items from the truck including the frequent player cards. She explained she found them in the parking lot. This indicated to me that a bag of change I had stored in my center console, which is also where I had stored my player cards had been stolen.

From first glance, the truck showed no indication of entry. The driver side lock was damaged, but not immediately noticeable. Additionally, my truck sits pretty high, and I find it suspicious she was able to see in, and take note of the items askew, just on her way in for her shift.
If she had noticed these items the night before, I inquired why I had not been contacted, as my name is plainly visible on the cards. She then explained that she did inquire with a lady at the front desk , but there was no record of my name as a guest. I also found this hard to believe, because not only did I have a reservation, my name was included on the shuttle service list, used everyday for the last three weeks.
When this incident was discussed with my business associates also staying at the hotel, they explained to me that they had noticed the security guard looking in car windows as they were coming and going from the hotel parking lot.

Although this can only be speculation, I whole heartedly believe this security guard played some role in the break in. Or the security company hired by the hotel is not hiring competent trustworthy employees.

Nice hotel, great value

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 26, 2004

Service, facilities, amenties, and rooms were all very good. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was very clean and comfortable. The extra space is great when traveling with a 2-year old. We paid $60 per night for the room which I thought was great for a suite.

Unique Quality: Great complimentary full breakfast buffet.

Directions: Approximately 5-7 miles from Carowinds Theme Park

Nearby Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport

• Charlotte Hyatt
  • Charlotte Summerfield Suites
  • Hyatt Charlotte Airport
  • Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport Hotel Charlotte

Address: 4920 South Tryon St (frmrly Summerfield Suites Htl by Wyndham), Charlotte, N Carolina, United States

Amenities at Hyatt Summerfield Suites Charlotte Airport

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Charlotte Travel Forum

Need advice about Charlotte, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Charlotte and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Charlotte hotel reviews

Best Chinese Restaurant in Charlotte
Carolinas Aviation Museum
Pretty good local Mexican Chain
Restaurants
One of our best Thai restaurants
Walk the Charlotte Liberty Walk
Amazing Pizza & Pasta
Restaurants
I can't see myself going back, and that is probabl
Wonderful Breakfast Menu
See it before you walk The Public Art Walking Tour
The Kabob House
Good food, spotty service
Savor their meat loaf
Further Outside of Charlotte
Things to Do
Is A Piece of Havana as real as they claim?
Customshop is Elizabeth's #2 Epicurean eatery
Restaurants
A Great place to satisfy your hunger, for a while
The Carolina Thread Trail
DON'T RENT A CABANA at the Waterpark
Things to Do
Global is excellent, mais tres cher!
Charlotte's Liberty Walk
Beef N Bottle is a real throwback
Carolina Thread Trail progress in 2011
Wing Haven
Reedy Creek Park & Nature Preserve
Outstanding EASTERN NC BBQ at Bill Spoon's
Bicycle tour of Charlotte
Things to Do
"Where you are never a stranger twice"
Elizabeth Avenue Farmers' Market