Microtel Charlotte Sugar Creek

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 11 reviews
Motel 6 Booking.com

What a joke!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2010

I booked reservations about a month early before staying there. I called two days before to confirm my reservations. When I called in, they had totally messed up my reservation, and I had to straighten it all out. The day I was scheduled to arrive, they called me to try and figure out when I was staying after we had already gone over that twice. We arrived, and they had overbooked and were short one room. They gave us several smoking rooms when we had requested non-smoking. When we were all done and checked out, they over-charged us by two rooms and $12/night, with which the rooms we had added up to $244.03. I've been trying to resolve this for three weeks now, and they won't return phone calls, emails or messages. I took it to Wyndham (the parent company), and we've gone back and forth, and today they told me that they can't do anything about it. I'm now consulting with the attorney general and my lawyer to help me resolve this.

This has just been ridiculous!

Now that that's out of the way, here's my review on the hotel itself: I've stayed at a lot of Microtels, although none in the last 4 years, and I've always had a good experience, but this was obviously not the same philosophy/culture/whatever you want to call it as the others I've stayed at.

The hotel was somewhat run-down. Wallpaper was peeling all over the place. Whatever was in disrepair had some kind of make-shift repair done to it, not classy at all.

You have to talk through a bullet-proof glass after something like 5pm. Rooms didn't have irons/ironing boards (the hotel did have 5 of them though).

Hookers were plenteous outside in the parking lot, arguing and being noisy all night.

The guy making breakfast wasn't wearing gloves, and was handling the food. When somebody (not me or anyone with me) questioned him about it, he said "you stupid people here are all the same. Why are you complaining." Needless to say, none of us had breakfast any of the days we were there.

We figured the coffee was safe, but when we asked for cups for the coffee, the front desk told us we needed to bring our own cups.

Personally, I'm shocked that Wyndham allowed this place to keep the Microtel name on the building and represent Wyndham Hotels. After all of the rigmarole I went through trying to get the price they gave us when we booked (in an email) and the problems they gave us, you won't find me at any Microtel or Wyndham hotel.

-Paul W.

Unique Quality: This was a terrible experience.

Directions: Right off of exit 41S on HWY 85

Nearby Microtel Charlotte Sugar Creek

Microtel Charlotte Sugar Creek

• Microtel Charlotte
  • Charlotte Microtel
  • North Charlotte Hotel Charlotte

Address: 1111 West Sugarcreek Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28213, United States

Amenities at Microtel Charlotte Sugar Creek

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Charlotte Travel Forum

Need advice about Charlotte, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Charlotte and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Charlotte hotel reviews

Best Chinese Restaurant in Charlotte
Carolinas Aviation Museum
Pretty good local Mexican Chain
Restaurants
One of our best Thai restaurants
Walk the Charlotte Liberty Walk
Amazing Pizza & Pasta
Restaurants
I can't see myself going back, and that is probabl
Wonderful Breakfast Menu
See it before you walk The Public Art Walking Tour
The Kabob House
Good food, spotty service
Savor their meat loaf
Further Outside of Charlotte
Things to Do
Is A Piece of Havana as real as they claim?
Customshop is Elizabeth's #2 Epicurean eatery
Restaurants
A Great place to satisfy your hunger, for a while
The Carolina Thread Trail
DON'T RENT A CABANA at the Waterpark
Things to Do
Global is excellent, mais tres cher!
Charlotte's Liberty Walk
Beef N Bottle is a real throwback
Carolina Thread Trail progress in 2011
Wing Haven
Reedy Creek Park & Nature Preserve
Outstanding EASTERN NC BBQ at Bill Spoon's
Bicycle tour of Charlotte
Things to Do
"Where you are never a stranger twice"
Elizabeth Avenue Farmers' Market