Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum

131 Red Roof Dr I-77 at Nations Ford Rd, Exit #4 (frmrly Red Roof Inn), Charlotte, N Carolina, US
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Charlotte

Howl at the MoonHowl at the Moon

A Race Fan is the same at any track! BristolA Race Fan is the same at any track! Bristol

Bombay BazaarBombay Bazaar

Cafe MenuCafe Menu

Travel Tips for Charlotte

The snooty side of town

by b1bob

When Mark moved here in 1993, the area that is now Ballantyne was pastureland. However, as the affluence spread southward, gated communities and snooty shopping centres spread like kudzu into the countryside. This is definitely not a place either acemj or b1bob should want to live even if we had the means.

Pineville

by acemj

Pineville is on the southwest side of town along the South Carolina border. The easiest way to get there if you're not familiar with Charlotte, is to head south on South Blvd. until you reach Hwy. 51. Hang a right and you'll be driving through downtown Pineville. It's a quaint little strip of shops and is a nice diversion from the relative hustle and bustle of the city of Charlotte. Antiques are the most notable merchandise on sale and there are also a few good restaurants in the area including El Vallarta and The Cajun Queen, both of which I've listed in my restaurant tips.

A Dining Event at Blue Restaurant

by 807Wheaton about Blue Restaurant & Bar

We were visiting our family in Charlotte and drove into the city for dinner at Blue Restaurant & Bar. The interior is very modern and chic with an inviting step down level for dining with lights on various tables. Definitely upscale for an adult evening.
Our server was entertaining and helpful. We were not rushed to make our menu choices and each choice is a la carte. The theme is flavors of the Mediterrean.
We started with Crispy Calamari from North Africa for an appetizer. One mid-course choice we had was Poached Pear and Baby Arugula salad from Italy and we also had the Flavors of the Mediterrean which is a nice way to enjoy a taste of several different textures and tastes.
We had three different entrees: Duo Wild Boar from Italy was delicious and tender, topped with huckleberry sauce. Lamb Tangine from Morocco was flavored with blends of apricots, dates, carrots, beets and saffron potatoes. I had the pan seared Alaskan Halibut over Vichy potatoes, baby carrots, morel cream, and pea shoots with a black truffle viniagrette. Each entree was presented quite elegantly and was very good.
The Steve Engler Band started playing about 9 PM and added to the ambiance.
There is complimentary valet parking in the Hearst Tower at the corner of College & 5th. I enjoyed the Poached Pear and Baby Arugula salad. I asked my husband if we could grow some arugula in his fall garden for a salad treat.

Asian flavors

by acemj about Cuisine Malaya

When Anna and James Chin, natives of Malaysia, brought their restaurant to Charlotte a few years ago, I didn't know that I would soon be on a first name basis with the whole staff! This place is on my way home from work and it's #15 on my mobile phone's speed dial. That should tell you that I love the food! Roti Canai for an appetizer and Beef Rendang for the main course. They also serve hints of Japanese and Thai food, but I usually stick with the Malaysian specialties.

Paramount's Carowinds

by MandaJ320

Carowinds is on the North Carolina/South Carolina border. You can literally walk around in the theme park and cross back and forth between the two states. There is a wide variety of roller coasters, a kid park, and a water park.

I'm in this picture somewhere. scary huh? :-)

Comments