Quality Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport

3100 Queen City Drive Formerly La Quinta Inn Charlotte Airport, Charlotte, North Carolina 28208, US
Quality Inn & Suites
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 35% less but rated 29% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Charlotte

CheerwineCheerwine

Thanks, BobbyThanks, Bobby

picnic in the early springpicnic in the early spring

Play on Words Using author's names and town namesPlay on Words Using author's names and town names

How to reach Myrtle Beach

Hello,
My friend and I are flying from Paris via Washington to Charlotte and we will be there in the evening. We have to reach Myrtle Beach, SC. What transportation is the cheapest? Is it possible to get the Myrtle Beach by train, because I was looking at Myrtle Beach and Charlotte web pages and I couln't find this information.
Greetings from Poland,
Artur

by olddude

I don't think you can go from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach by train. Therefore you have three options, fly, bus, or rent a car and drive. Taking the bus is the cheapest ($45), but I wouldn't want to do it. It takes about 11 hours and is out of the way. Second cheapest would be to fly (about $115). However, I do not think there is a direct flight. Finally, the most conveniant would be to rent a car and drive. The drive is about 3 to 3.5 hours. Sorry the US public transportation system isn't as robust as Europe, so those are the only options that I know of.

by Ar2r

Thank you very much for those informations. Have you ever been in Myrtle Beach before? because I would like to know what are the average cost of living there. Are there any cheap hotels for workers or something like that, NOT hotels for turists, because they are very expensive and we have to stay there 3 months and work in restaurant.
Once again thanks.
Artur

by SADAKA61

look at this website. if you are there for 3 months you should rent a short term apartment. You may want to buy a car because our public transport is not great.

by gonefishinII

You can fly directly from Washington to Myrtle Beach if you'd like.

by burgsrb

The easiest would be to rent a car at the airport in charlotte and drive to myrtle beach. From the Airport in charlotte you would want to get on Highway 485 south. Once on Highway 485 South take exit 51B (US Highway 74 East towards Monroe North Carolina)Once in Monroe you want to take Highway 601 south towards Pageland South Carolina. In Pageland you want to take Highway 9 South all the way to Myrtle Beach. Once in Myrtle Beach Highway 17 runs through the whole town. You should be able to find cheap places to live, some hotels will rent places by the week and would probably do longer stays. I would suggest finding a place to stay soon because Myrtle Beach is covered in tourist in the summer and cheap lodging will be hard to come by.

by Ar2r

Thanks a lot for all this information.

Travel Tips for Charlotte

Gateway Village

by b1bob

During my extensive acemj tour of uptown Charlotte, he showed me the Gateway Village office complex where he works. This appears to be a nice environment in which to work. Despite being in Uptown Charlotte, it has a suburban office park type atmosphere. Not being in one of the tall buildings, it seems to a less attractive target for evildoers.

Asheville and the Biltmore Estate

by b1bob

Most tourists travel to Asheville to see the Biltmore Estate. However, Asheville does have a vibrant downtown which is more reminiscent in tone to Berkeley, California than anywhere else in North Carolina.

The Melting Pot

by Mikki6 about The Melting Pot

It's pricey, with a warm, relaxed, romantic feel. Kinda earthy. The Melting Pot is a fondue resteraunt. Has everything from cheese to choclate, and you cook raw meat, seafood, veggies in either oil based or boullion for main courses. Very good.I haven't had a bad meal at any time I have been there yet.

"Fresh thinking, healthy eating"

by FreeCloud about The Pita Pit

The newly opened Pita Pit cafe is centrally located.

2009Feb12: The phone number is updated per owner's request. Many choices to have, I tried the babnoush pita, which was very tasty (and good choice for weight watchers!)

- Babanoush pita wrap $4.23
Pita bread mainly filled with babanoush (an eggplant puree with spices).

One can choose from more than ten main fillings:
Roast beef, fish, chicken, babanoush, turkey,

Plus anything from below:
Roman lettuce, iceberg lettuce, carrots, cucumber, onion, olives, cheese (several types), tomato, etc.

Plus various type of sauces.

See their menu:

I can't see myself going back

by etfromnc about Yesteryears Goodtime Pub

This is a local pub/restaurant but nothing like the ones that I love so dearly from places like Philadelphia, Iraklion, or the Dakotas. If you are in southeast Charlotte and just want to have a few drinks (but again, why would you, since the nearest hotel/motel is at least two or three miles away) you can do that here. The problem seems to be that the staff (which is mostly female) seems to think that their first priority in life is to impress the manager/owner.
MysticSableWolf on charlotte.citysearch.com thinks much more highly of this place than I do. I do not have one. I had barbecue, beans, and cole slaw which I figured had to be a pretty good bet for a red neck bar. I lost that bet. I went in there hungry and left hungry with a bad taste in my mouth and bad memories in my mind. The food was fairly uniform in temperature, neither hot nor cold. It is also not too far from my home, so I was hoping that it might be a place where I could hang out but it will not be.

Comments