10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28277, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Pillars of the community

Unique Quality: If you thought the Hay-Adams Hotel in Washington was a swanky place, the Ballantyne Resort might just make that look like a Super 8. Many rooms have private balconies. All rooms include down comforters, robes, private baths with two sinks, a garden-jetted bath and separate shower. Anybody who knows me knows this isn't the place for even a rich b1bob.

Directions: Detailed Directions

More about Ballantyne Resort Hotel

I loved the Ballantyne!

My husband and I went to the Ballantyne resort from July 1-July 5, 2005. We had a wonderful time!!! The hotel is gorgeous, and the rooms are beautifully appointed. You may never get out of the wondeful bed in your room. Make sure you have a bathrobe in your room--it is very comfy! The lobby was excellent, housekeeping was excellent and they were very friendly. The turndown service was nice too.

The Spa is great. There is a short Puerto Rican massage therapist with short black hair who gave me one of the best massages I have ever had. I think her name is Teri but I am not sure.

Anyway, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by booking there. I will hopefully be going back soon. Also, they have an excellent military rate--make sure to ask for it if you qualify.

B is for Ballantyne, B is for Best

I have stayed in many hotels in the last month, and the Ballantyne is absolutely the best of them all! The directions were easy to understand, the property is beautiful, the lobby is first class, and the rooms were gorgeous. The marble entrance led to a spotless, beautifully decorated room. The beds, covered in fluffy duvets, were very comfortable, and the drapes were effective in blocking out light.
Every person on staff was friendly and helpful. What a wonderful place to stay! I only wish we could have more time to enjoy everything!

Loved the Ballantyne

by TripAdvisor Member funsandiego

Beautiful "old world" style hotel. The rooms were lovely; the bathrooms very spacious with good quality shampoo, etc. Good food; wonderful spa and great little gift shop. The staff was very professional and accommodating. Only negative is that the hotel is a bit isolated. I would definitely stay here again!

Only Resort in Charlotte?

by TripAdvisor Member Travel4Three

Read that this is the only resort in Charlotte, which I did not know since I've never visited Charlotte before this trip. Lovely hotel with a golf course view if your room is facing the back. One of the 18 holes is right behind the hotel and it is nice to watch the golfers up close having a great time.

I had a room facing the front and it simply faces the main road. The bathroom has a deep sunken tub and a separate glass enclosed shower. I was upgraded as a Starwood Platinum member and given an extra parlor/living room which in essence is another room but without a bed.

I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so I can't comment. The only negative I have about the hotel is that the health club wasn't up to par for a true resort. The treadmills were not top of the line but rather the narrow older kind which was a disappoint me to me since I do like to run. However, the stair climber seem fine and there were other equipment for upper body workouts that was also fine.

The grotto pool is very nice and during my stay, it was not crowded at all. There is a 2 continous individual lap pools available and a sitting area outside the pool that faces the golf course.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Ballantyne Below Expectations

We stayed for our first anniversary at Ballantyne. The resort is very isolated, so I asked reservations for a package that included a breakfast in one of their restaurants on property. I was told about their Sunday brunch and chose it, and it was again mentioned at check in when the clerk told me about their restaurants and amenities. I booked a King bed in a golf view room with private balcony. At first we were put in a room with no balcony, but they did transfer us to a better room, after we called. There was no bell man to help with our cases, and we moved ourselves after traveling and being exhausted and having to return to the desk again. We had cocktails at the bar downstairs, and the bartender was accomodating. However, when we tried to relax in the grotto pool that evening there were six unattended children playing and screaming. An attendant did walk through the pool and fitness area that we spoke with close to closing time, but noone came to attend the children. We retired with a headache instead of refreshed or relaxed. We could hear people running up and down the halls and screaming for a while when we went to bed as there was a celebrity on the property. There is a large gap at the bottom of the door, and there is nothing quiet about the room if there are people traveling the hallways. I requested a non- feather pillow because I am allergic, and we were brought only a large stiff decorative sham pillow which was already on our bed. I tried to sleep on some towels since this bulky pillow was too large and stiff for anyone to sleep on, but I ended up sleeping with nothing that night. The next morning we lounged finally in a more quiet pool and got ready for our Sunday brunch together on our anniversary. When I called the front desk to inquire which of the restaurants it was in, I was advised that it was 11:00 am, and we had "missed" our breakfast. They failed to mention at any point that the breakfast I paid for was a regular breakfast and not the Sunday brunch they kept mentioning that I thought I booked with the room. The manager wouldn't refund the money so we could go eat elsewhere. The only option she would give was to credit us for half the charge of their Sunday brunch which was the amount we'd already paid and us dine there or have a la carte room service. Neither was appealing, and I was very disappointed. Since that was our only option we took the credit we'd already paid for and dined in the brunch room and paid the difference. I have had much better at McD's. The service was pitiful, and had our sever come back to our table to check on us more than the initial once I would have shown him the wiry hair I found in my smoked cheese. My orange juice was warm, and the single mimosa my husband was able to get also was very warm. We had one glass of water, and the server never returned until we put our glasses upside down on the table. Horrible! We checked out happily, and we will not stay there again. I should have opted for the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. It is a true top notch classy reort, and there the golf and brunch is world class, as is their service. Ballantyne at best is probably a good hotel. Also, the golf course was good, but the golfview from the room was only ok. Overall, it was not a special anniversary thanks to Ballantyne, unless you want to spend too much money for sub quality!

Built for Adults, Overrun by Children

My best friend and his family of 5 called and asked if they should join us on their route back from the Greebriar in August. "Thanks, but no" we said, "This place is for golf, tennis, pampering, steaming, exercize and romance... but definitely, NOT for kids. WRONG...KIDS GALORE....the bissells need to decide.... KIDS AND INDOOR POOLS DO NOT MIX..... et al, et cet , noise and noise.....

Ballantyne, Great for couples (Golf and Spa) not for kids...

Pool is indoor, and no activities for kids

Adults can enjoy the golf, spa, nice rooms (not great), and the endless lap pools and exercise room for a workout.

Best resort ever!

by TripAdvisor Member travelizfun

This is by far the absolute nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. I had my 10 year old child and my huband with me and we all enjoyed it immensley. By the way, for those who say it is not for children, my 10 year old son loved it. The pool was a lot of fun for him, and there were other children there, as well. We did not have any problems with noise at all, either. I noticed that someone else wrote of a problem with people being loud in the halls. Hoever, it was so quiet that we almost felt like we should whisper in the halls. We were very impressed.

We had a huge bathroom with a glass enclosed shower and a deep sunken tub, which was great for relaxation! This was one of the best vacations we have ever had, and we didn't even use the spa or golf course! I would definitely reccomend this resort to anyone who is looking for a peaceful, comfortable stay.

Our room was very clean, and I am the world's worst critic on hotel cleanliness! The beds were extremely comfortable! The carpet was clean. I even walked barefoot in the room, and that is very unusual for me!

All the staff, from the bellboy, to the front desk, to the cleaning staff were very helpful and friendly. The concierge was also very helpful. I can't say enough about the first class treatment you receive in this resort!

We will definitely return!

Just what I needed...

by TripAdvisor Member jengator

I was in Charlotte on business and I read about this resort, deciding to give it a try along with another co-worker.

I was a litte uncertain as I drove up to the resort... it's nice from the outside, but it's right off the road and near strip malls (not the first thing you think of when you hear "resort").

Nevertheless, this stay turned out to be just what I needed- the service was excellent, the food was excellent, the spa was excellent, the rooms were excellent (anyone else see a patern here?).

Highly recommended.