Ithe Inn At Corella Light

Priceline Booking.com

Tags

Beer Tasting Wine Tasting Beaches
See Amenities

AWFUL staff, dirty, shady people

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2010

I had the unfortunate experience of staying at the Inn this weekend. I had a bad taste in my mouth before I even arrived because of the service or lack thereof, I had been given on the phone, but nevertheless I was THRILLED to be going to the Outer Banks for the first time and decided to put that behind me. When I booked the room I asked for a room for one night, Saturday the 19th of June. The woman who was assisting me informed me of the rate and I confirmed that I would like to book it. I gave her my credit card number and she proceeded to charge me for the room for 2 nights, instead of one, without informing me of their alleged two night minimum. It was only after my total was double what it should have been and me asking her why did she inform me that I was going to need to stay for two nights due to tourist season. It was a financial hardship to stay for two nights, since the wedding we were attending was at 5pm Saturday I could have easily made it a one night stay, but I went ahead and made it a weekend trip. How bad could it be? One extra night at the beach isn’t too terrible, but I was wrong. Unfortunately the trouble did not end there. When I checked in the staff was very friendly, but that did not last.
My room, #24, had trash in it when we arrived, which is funny, because I was told I couldn’t check in early because they were cleaning. I am not entirely sure what their definition of “cleaning” is. The microwave in our room did not work and the light had to be shaken to turn on. The hot water was out on Saturday morning as well.
This morning I was enjoying a bagel at the continental breakfast and some friends of mine who were also in town for the wedding shared with me that they were able to get a room for just one night when I was told that my only option was to stay for ATLEAST two nights. I told them about my fiasco and before long a staff member who was clearly listening to our conversation confronted me. It was completely rude and unprofessional for her to get into our business, not to mention I believe she was lying. She was trying to explain that they got a room for one night because of a cancellation of one night of weeklong visit from other guests. I highly doubt she knew exactly who these girls were, exactly what room they were in and how they got their room just by looking at them. It seemed like a lame excuse for terrible service. Regardless, the policy needs to remain consistent was my reply. They could have stayed Saturday and Sunday if they couldn’t do Friday and Saturday. Additionally, when my card was charged for twice what I was expecting, she did not offer me a chance to choose what 2 nights I wanted to stay.
DO NOT STAY HERE. The only enjoyable part of the Inn was the Jet Ski rental and Wild Horse Tour.

Unique Quality: There was nothing outstanding.

Directions: Hwy 12

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Corolla Travel Forum

Need advice about Corolla, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Corolla and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Corolla
Just off RT 12 North in Corolla...
See the Light
Currituck Heritage Park
Corolla Schoolhouse c 1890
Off The Beaten Path
Great inexpensive place to eat
Restaurants
Seafood In Timbuck 2, Corolla, NC.
Restaurants
Corollas northern beaches, our little secret
Back Country Outfitters & Guides