Barrier Island Station - Duck

DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Fall Vacation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2007

We (Beth) have a timeshare - ours is Virginia Beach in January. One year we swapped for this one. It was when my second child was small.

Our normal routine was to have breakfast in the unit, and go out and do some tourist things (like visiting the Wright Brothers National Park) in the morning. Then we'd have lunch, and my husband would babysit the napping toddlers while I had a swim in the indoor heated pool.

janiac's Profile Photo

Great place, even in a minor hurrican

by written on February 1, 2005

We always stay here. It's one of the few places on Duck where you can rent a smaller place. Most people rent huge houses and share them among many people, but we enjoy these smaller vacations with just the family.

Unique Quality: Nice pools, great dunes that protected us even as Hurricane Alex's outer bands pelted us in 2004.

janiac's Profile Photo

Great place, even in a minor hurrican

by written on February 1, 2005

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Ocean Pines Ocean Sound Villa Resort

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2004

I can't give a good estimation of the cost of this condo because we got a special rate and I don't know what the regular rental would be. Rates in the winter (November December January) for rental seem to be between $660 to $715/week for 4 to 6 people. I'm not sure if these units are available for rental during the season.

The units are supplied with one roll of toilet paper and a package of dishwasher detergent in a welcome pack, and after that you supply your own. You also are to leave the dishes and the kitchen clean when you leave. Housekeeping does not come in during the week.

No pets are allowed. Camping vehicles are not permitted on the property. A deposit of US$100 (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover or check) is required. You must be at least 25 years of age to rent between Feb and April.

Unique Quality: Our unit faced the ocean, but others face the court or the swimming pool. We didn't use the air- conditioning or the fireplace (you have to bring your own wood). We did use the televisions (there was one in the bedroom and one in the living room, but only one controller worked to access the menu), the dishwasher and the microwave.

Some units also include a whirlpool spa. 1BR units have 1 1/2 baths, 1 double bed and 1 double sleep sofa and are on the third floor. 2BR units have 2 baths, 1 double bed, 2 twin beds and 1 sleep sofa. 2BR units are on the 2nd floor and 1BR units are on the third floor.

We had 17 steps to our unit. There are no elevators. We could hear the people walking around upstairs quite well.

Directions: Come across the Wright Memorial Bridge (hwy 158) towards Kitty Hawk. Get in the left hand lane and go to the 5th stop light. Turn left on Rte 12N and go approx 8 miles. On the right

b1bob's Profile Photo

Barrier Island Station

by written on August 25, 2002

Barrier Island Station, Duck, NC, is a time-share my family used in the 1990s. We always had flat 705 A and B. 705-A was the main flat with a full kitchen, living room, and a jacuzzi. 705-B had a half-sized living room, a bedroom, a loo, and a telly: smaller, but still very comfortable. My parents bought this place in 1989, but I didn't go that year of 1990 because I was studying abroad in Europe. My first go of this was 4 August, 1991 when we brough Grandma Terry on what would sadly be her last holiday with us. Mama, Daddy, and Hunter would stay in A and Grandma and I would stay in B. I never really got to use the bed pictured in the 3d photo because Grandma had it in 1991, Luc had it in 1992, and Fernando had it in 1995. I always used the foldaway which was part of the sofa pictured in the second one.

Unique Quality: It is a flat just a short walk from the beach. It has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a gym, and a snack bar between the outdoor pool and the beach. Oftentimes, instead of eating out at restaurants which were becoming more upmarket and snooty every year, we would make use of the grills conveniently located at each complex.

Nearby Barrier Island Station - Duck

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Duck Travel Forum

Need advice about Duck, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Duck and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Duck hotel reviews