Holiday Inn RDU Airport

travelin_sue's Profile Photo

"Mansion on the Hill"

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 2, 2004

The hotel staff are very gracious. Lana/front desk manager remembered me from my trip 3 months ago (at least she made me feel like she did!) They are very accomodating, taking care of any requests and needs as soon as possible. Left for class in the morning with a shower that cleaned the whole bathroom: when I returned it was repaired.

Ciro, our morning van driver, knows ALL the Durham sites and places to go. Monday morning on the van he describes the tourist attractions, Southpointe Mall, best restaurants, any ole thing you need to know.

Right now there is a major renovation in progress. There does not seem to be any change in service other than one of the restaurants - the more casual of the two - is closed for now. The lobby bar is now a smaller sitting area near the fireplace.

The hotel truly looks like a "manion on the hill"; I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived the first time.

Unique Quality: Free high-speed wireless internet access is available. If your laptop does not have a wireless card you can get one from the front desk. There is a charge of $25 for the card; I do not know if that is for the entire stay, or per day...(I was not able to use the access; some network problem that I called the hotline about - they were great!)

Directions: Very close to RDU airport, in the Research Triangle Park

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Durham Travel Forum

Need advice about Durham, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Durham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Durham hotel reviews