Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club

Tags

Family Travel Spa and Resort Luxury Travel
See Amenities
etfromnc's Profile Photo

Luxury right at your doorstep

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 4, 2013

Actually, I have never stayed there but one of my brothers did.
Undoubtedly, the swankiest hotel in Durham County, the architecture of the buildings blends in beautifully with the Duke Forest and the original buildings on West Campus, which I always considered to be Gothic but am now told they are Neo-Gothic. Anyway, the Forest, the original campus, most of the athletic facilities, including the outstanding golf course, and highway 751 were all there when I was a student but the hotel was built several years after my graduation. The decor of the rooms and suites is quite reminiscent of what you might expect in an English country inn.
I have eaten there and enjoyed the view of the golf course right outside and the food and service are outstanding.

Beautiful, Comfortable, Gracious Service

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2011

The hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful and the service is best described as "old school Southern charm". The room was a bit smaller than I generally expect, but was so well appointed I didn't mind. Room service and hotel restaurants were all excellent.

I had NO complaints, and I'm a bit picky, to say the least! The valet attendants were especially polite and helpful.

Unique Quality: Beautiful grounds, lovely views, well appointed rooms and most convenient to Duke campus!

Directions: At the edge of the Duke University campus.

Nearby Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Durham Travel Forum

Need advice about Durham, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Durham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Durham hotel reviews