1640 City Center Blvd, Elizabeth City, North Carolina, 27909, United States
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Elizabeth City

Early morning Nov 2003Early morning Nov 2003

Photo from "Images"Photo from "Images"

Sewage treatment plant on the PasquotankSewage treatment plant on the Pasquotank

Historic church in Elizabeth CityHistoric church in Elizabeth City

Travel Tips for Elizabeth City

Boating Map

by grandmaR

This map has the marinas and attractions for Elizabeth City.

The red stop signs are for attractions.
#46 is the Elizabeth City Historic District
#47 is Museum of the Albemarle

The airplane in the white circle is the Coast Guard Station.

The purple star is the ER room/hospital The black circled numbers are marinas

129 - Causeway Marina - no transient slips
130 - Mariner's Wharf
131 - Elizabeth City Marina
132 - Riverside Boat Works
133 - The Pelican
134 - Lambs Marina

MM 47-48 Anchorage and Railroad Bridge

by grandmaR

Another possible anchorage is the un-named creek on the southeast bank of the Pasquotank, southwest of the railroad bridge. There's room in this creek for boats up to about 50 feet with minimum depths of 8-10 feet.

I have not anchored here. The chart also shows how the RR bridge is on a sharp bend in the river.

Double T Farm

by grandmaR

I saw an item on TV under the "Best of America by Horseback" (Outdoor Life Network) about the Double T Farm in Elizabeth City. I haven't been able to find anything else out about it. In the TV show, they were using the Double T as a staging area to take the horses to the beach to ride at Nags Head. There are two stables listed in Elizabeth City

Bestsofar Stables
1099 Commissary Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
(252) 338-8768

Margus Farms Stables
1708 River Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
(252) 335-9644

ICW Trip 2001Leg 6 to and from Elizabeth City

by grandmaR

We went through the Elizabeth City bridge ahead and I took a picture of TROUBADOUR (the Gozzard), which I later gave her.

"Arriving in Elizabeth City"

We tied up at the free docks by about 12:30, and went over to Stalks where we both had milkshakes (the old fashioned kind with real ice cream) with lunch. We were right next to a CSY 33 named BEAU. They were having transmission problems, so they had to wait for a repair person to get to them the same as the guy we left at the Visitor's Center

Bob went into town and found some appropriate long pants. We ate dinner at the Colonial Restaurant that night. He also went to the hardware store and shopped. We decided to stay another day so Max and Lucette would have time with Rob and Linda of BEAU. I went onto the Gozzard to show her the Tides and Currents on her program - had to climb through the bowsprit which was pretty difficult for me. The Rose Buddies gave us a wine and cheese party. Fred (the main Rose Buddy) was there in his electric golf cart. He was annoyed because we were late for the party.

"November 1, 2001 In Elizabeth City"

It was VERY foggy this morning. I woke up at 6 and could see across the river. But by 7, you couldn't even see the last marker. They told us it was smoke from the forest or peat fires, - one of the guys at Stocks (where we were having breakfast - I had a country ham and egg biscuit for $2.20) said at one point he couldn't see past the hood of his car. Max and Lucette and Rob and Linda went to the Colonial for breakfast, and then walked to the athletic club for showers. Bob went and bought bread at the bakery. I walked around town some. The new Albemarle Museum is almost finished. We ate at the Cypress Creek Cafe for dinner. Very good and very popular. I had barbecue. We considered going down to Edenton, but when I did the routing, it was 57 miles, and would be a long day down and a long day back. Most of the boats at the docks are Canadian. The Canadian boats are TOURNE BRISE, ELVIRE, PANAMA JACK, JAZZZ I, IGUAZU, SHEENA II (a trawler with a sick dog), and HUMA (who was with us in Norfolk). TOBIN JAMES, the trawler next to us was from the US, and earned Bob's disapprobation by running their genset most of the night. And VENUS has a home post of Anguilla, plus there was a bright yellow catamaran from Sydney Australia named MARA. They've already gone halfway around the world - they went through the Suez and through the Med, down to the Caribbean, up to Maine, and are heading for Panama. We met them at the second Rose Buddy party. It was too late for roses, so we got cotton boles.

"November 2, 2001 Leaving Elizabeth City"

We were going to wait to leave until late if it was foggy, but it wasn't. The sky WAS red in the morning, and I was afraid that there would be waves in Albemarle Sound (2 feet were predicted), so we left the slip at 6:40, and motored down toward the sound.

We saw the big CG station (there was a C130 buzzing us) and the blimp manufacturing building with a blimp moored next to it. There was very little wind, and the river was flat calm.

Next Alligator River