Days Inn Fayetteville

1725 Jim Johnson Road, (Formerly Ramada Limited), Fayetteville, North Carolina, 28132, United States
Quality Inn
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Fayetteville

Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by Faithwillow

Calling all North Carolinians

Hey Everyone

I was wondering is anyone has any ideas of how I can use a few days in Fayetteville, NC.

I'm coming over from Scotland to visit one of your good ol' American boys and I have a few days to fill before he gets leave from the Army. I know there are Art Galleries and the Fort Bragg museums are a must. But I would really like to see some of the REAL North Carolina.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Faithwillow

Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by pedersdottir

Rent a car and drive out into the countryside. Or hop on the bus and ride around town. Look for the closest 'fried chicken shack', order a meal and breath in the local color.

Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by MandaJ320

Just to let you know, there's not an awful lot to see around Fayetteville. I live about an hour and a half north of there, and it's very boring and spread out. Charlotte, NC is only a few hours west from Fayetteville, if you'd like to go there. Raleigh is also only a few hours away. Both cities are very large and somewhat interesting. If you want to take a day trip, you can go to the outer banks. It's a few hours east from where you'll be, but I hear it's well worth it. There are a lot of different beaches to choose from. My personal favorite trip is the mountains of North Carolina. It would probably be a 5 hour drive west for you if you're interested, but that is what I would call the "real North Carolina." There are a lot of things to see there, and the best thing to do is drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, because most things are located off of that. It is very beautiful.

Re: Re: Any ideas on how I can fill my days?

by Faithwillow

Thanks for your ideas. To be honest I completely forgot about the whole "fried chicken thing" now that's a great way to speand a day.

I'm sure I can get lost for a few hours and find somewhere interesting to have lunch - as long as I can finf my way home again that is!!

Travel Tips for Fayetteville

The Airborne & Special Operations Museum

by TheTravelSlut

This free-admission (donations gladly accepted though) museum is new and this beautiful building is home to a large display of Airborne & Special Forces memorabilia and traces the history of this small part of the army. It is appropriate that it is close to Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

With everything from a Medal of Honor to a full size heliocopter and dioramas of famous military events, the museum is a must for any service-related person or anyone interested in military history

The Museum's hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Sundays, from noon to 5 p.m.
The museum is closed on Mondays, but is open on all Federal holiday Mondays.
It is also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day and Easter.

The gift shop has many unusual items for anyone that has family in the service, past or present.

Comments