1856 Remount Rd, Gastonia, NC 28054

More about Gastonia

Hiking in Crowders, 1999Hiking in Crowders, 1999

Best hotel

by Glennard

Hello to all. Grateful if I could get an opinion of what the best hotel in Gastonia is. My sister and husband have just moved to the area on Blackwood Road. I've looked at almost every single hotel Gastonia..(Charlotte is not an option) and can't really tell which is best. I am currently living in Viet Nam and have plans to visit Gastonia for Christmas...my sisters' house is full

Grateful for advice on good/bad neighborhoods and the best hotel. Money is no object!

Have a nice day...

RE: Best hotel

by jimwebster

I used to live and work in that area, but it has been a few years ago now. Using Mapquest to get an idea of where your sister and her family live, they are in west Gastonia near Crowders Mountain, which was a half-way decent area. I would get your sister or brother-in-law to check the exits at Edgewood Road, Bessemer City Road, and N Chester St. IF any of these exits have a decent hotel, that would be the place to stay.

I don't know if your sisters family has been to Crowders Mountain yet, but it is a scenic place for easy hicking. Also I would recommend the Christmas light drive through at McAdenville. http://features.aroundcarolina.com/mcadenville/

RE: RE: Best hotel

by Glennard

Thanks so much...this helps me narrow down the choices. And yes, she is very close to Crowders Mtn....my dad was just there on a visit and loved it!

Thanks for the info.

GB

Travel Tips for Gastonia

If I feel like going to the...

by acemj

If I feel like going to the mountains and doing some hiking, I usually set aside a weekend and drive up to the Blue Ridge Parkway near Asheville or I'll drive to the Smoky Mountain National Park.
There are occasions however, when I don't have enough time to drive 2 or 3 hours from home, that I'll simply pack a small backpack and head to Crowder's Mountain in Gastonia. It provides some great hiking trails, a beautiful lake, and some great views from the top.

Comments