Fairview Inn

6452 Burnt Poplar Road, (formerly Best Inns of America), Greensboro, North Carolina, 27409, United S

Fairview Inn
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• GREENSBORO DISGUSTING HOTEL

This place is just disgusting! When we tried booking they acted like it was a deal they were giving us; ABSOLUTELY NOT! The first 5 minutes walking in, things already falling off the walls. Tried asking for assistance but instead they made us fix things ourselves. Wheres the welcome friendly environment? They have a 20 minutes no refund policy, in other words FRAUD is what it should be called. UTTERLY PITIFUL! Place has bugs, bed bugs to be exact. Nobody wants to sleep in a bed like that. DISGUSTING. Trust there are 10x way better &cheaper hotels around Greensboro. This place is unacceptable and just wants a run for people's money. Don't even know why this place gets business and is still running. We were almost close enough to file a civil lawsuit. They better be glad we stayed out of the city.

Unique Quality: NO GOOD THINGS! DISGUSTING!

• Would not call this a Hotel, let alone a Motel.

This place was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. I worked for the Drury Inn, Pear Tree Inn, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and the Springfield Renaissance (4 star hotel) as a front desk clerk/night auditor. I have also stayed in several personal owned hotels and motels over the years too. I will admit, that I should have made mention of these issues from the start of my stay or I should have just gone to a different hotel. But you expect something more than just a place to sleep with a shower and cable. You expect at least fresh towels every couple days and fresh linens, if you are staying more than 3 days. Especially when you are given a surcharge for staying 3 days in a row and that is on top of your normal room rate.

Let us review, starting with their website: The website states and I quote, “…with newly remodeled rooms”. My room was not remodeled, but I did not check every room on the property. They could get away with saying that if two rooms had been remodeled. And I quote again from the website, “…and coffee makers in every room.” This statement is false as there was no coffee maker, let alone coffee, in my room. In the upper right hand corner of the website it displays a picture of a large tub, which could be mistaken as a Jacuzzi tub. There are no Jacuzzi tubs in the hotel, let alone a Jacuzzi on their property, that I know of.

Now for the room: I wish I could post the pictures I took of all the problems with my room. Then you would all see what I am talking about. The carpet in the room was torn in several locations, the bed was old and the springs in the mattress would pop. The trip around the bathroom door, on the bathroom side, looked as if a dog had spent several days scratching at it. The little screw holding the toilet paper roll holder to the wall had a drywall screw in it instead of a screw that normally belonged to the holder. The rack that holds the towels and wash cloths, was barely held up with two more drywall screws. The walls were all stained from it being a smoker’s room. The bathroom wall had stains and flecks of, what I can only describe as, dried snot. The sink stopper was broken and would not stop draining, which since there was an extremely slow drain, didn’t really matter too much. The corner of the vanity counter was separating from the backsplash and had a gap of about a half inch between them. The flip lock that replaces a chain lock on the door was loose and wasn’t very secure.

The pool: The pool, shown on the website, shows what looks like anti-slip surfaces on the steps. In reality, there were no anti-slip surfaces and I slipped on the first step and landed on my back side. The hand rail going into the pool was also very loose and would not support a person falling.

The hotel: It offers free Wi-Fi, and that is true, but at a very low signal strength. In my room I got two bars. I used the Days Inn’s WiFi at 4 bars and they were next door, about 100 yards away. I only got my room cleaned once during my 11 day stay and never got my bed linen changed. I understand that when on a weekly rate you may only get service once in a week, but when you pay for four more days at the daily rate and get charged a surcharge for staying more than 3 days, you should get service everyone of those days. And clean sheets at least every two days.

In conclusion, I would never recommend anyone staying at this hotel. I would suggest spending the extra three dollars a day and staying at the Days Inn right next door or any of the other multiple hotels in that same area.

Unique Quality: Pool, WiFi, On-site Laundry Facility

Directions: 3 miles away from the airport.

Comments