Bed & Breakfast at Mallard Bay

960 Mallard Bay Road, Hampstead, North Carolina, 28443, United States

More about Hampstead

In the shopping centerIn the shopping center

Marina sign on the ICWMarina sign on the ICW

Bob next to RosalieAnnBob next to RosalieAnn

salt dome housesalt dome house

Travel Tips for Hampstead

Hampstead, Boaters' Paradise

by SatisfiedCWL

Harbor Villiage Marina is the perfect place to dock for a while. The people are great, the scenery is perfect and it is close to everything in SE North Carolina to do. Within golf cart distance, There are two great public golf courses are some of the finest eateries in Dixie via the Marina's rental car. My childhood (and) present spending my summers on the Sea Pup in the Harbor Village Marina.

Houses, and Statues, but Mostly Golf

by grandmaR

I've only visited Hampstead by boat, and the marina is very isolated so I've not seen anything of it except the marina. I gather it is a big golf desination. This seems to be an area where a lot of people live in fantastic houses along the ICW. It's fascinating to see them.

MM 266.3 Harbour Village Marina

by grandmaR

We have stopped at Harbour Village three times, and it is a flat $1.20/ft. They have laundry (closed and locked after 7 pm) and shower facilities, and email in a boaters lounge (also locked at 7 pm) but it is a long walk (about a quarter mile) around. They don't want you to do any discharge into the marina, but it's impossible to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

They now do have a golf cart to get from the transient side of the marina around to the bathrooms. It is difficult to get into the transient slips in a south wind (which we often have), and the marina manager keeps his boat on the gas dock where it is in the way if your boat is blown around. Diesel was $1.27/gal here.

This is a very isolated marina and there is nothing around to walk to. They used to let you have the marina truck after hours to go to get food. Otherwise you have to eat on the boat or get take-out and have it delivered.

THey have some kind of special deal now for people "north of the Maryland line" that you can leave your boat there for the winter for a special rate. (6 months starting 1 Nov) They don't say which Maryland line they want you north of (Virginia or Mason Dixon).

Both Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Available
Winter Hours:
Saturday, Sunday 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Monday, Thursday, Friday - 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday

Just Passing Through

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come??"

I came through Hampstead on my way to Wilmington, North Carolina from Jacksonville, NC. We were looking for a place to eat breakfast and we found the perfect place!

"My Favorite Part"

The town just looked so cute... The people were friendly and it just really reminded me of that small town vibe.

All of these offices were like small houses. It was very intriguing as it was just a short stop for us.

"Surprise Attraction"

I wasn't really surprised I suppose. The breakfast was really good.....

Golf and Boats

by grandmaR

Hampstead is located in Pender County within the Coast Region, between Wilmington and Jacksonville along US Highway 17 near Holly Ridge, the Holly Shelter Game Land Swamp, and the Intracoastal Waterway.

The only attractions listed for Hampstead are the Belvedere Plantation Golf & Country Club and the Olde Point Golf & Country Club. I know there is a golf course near the marina.

There is a Hampstead, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce but it doesn't even have a website:

PO Box 211
Hampstead, NC 28443
Phone: 910-270-9642 or 800-833-2483

Because this is a convenient distance between Southport to the south and Swansboro to the north, we usually stay in this area at the Harbor Village Marina.

See any of the Travelogues.

This photo is of the sign out on the ICW for the marina.

Comments