Scottish Inn Henderson

Scottish Inns Motel
Orbitz.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Henderson

Tractor made of hay balesTractor made of hay bales

From the top of the bridgeFrom the top of the bridge

EntreesEntrees

Dessert barDessert bar

Travel Tips for Henderson

Planting Ashes

by grandmaR

"July 26, 2008"

We had some car trouble yesterday with a belt slipping and making a big noise. Bob went out this morning to see if he could fix it. He could not. He disconnected the belt (which was one of those to the generator), but he wanted to buy another one. So we ate breakfast earlier than I would have ordinarily wanted to do. I didn't get a chance to swim in the pool. Bummer.

We went out in town to look for an auto parts store, and Bob stopped and bought what he thought would be a replacement belt. When we got it home, we found that it would not have worked if we had needed it.

Originally, I had intended to leave the hotel just before the checkout deadline and go somewhere to lunch and then meet my son and his daughter at the cemetery after lunch to have a little ceremony where we buried mom's ashes and planted the iris that were named for her over the ashes by her grave marker.

But Bob was worried that we wouldn't get home before dark if we did that, so we went on and planted everything first.

So after we finished with Mom's grave, I walked around the cemetery and took pictures of other markers there. Then we drove into town and got lunch at KFC and got diesel in the car and drove back to the cemetery

My son arrived at the cemetery at noon. He and my granddaughter had already eaten. We exchanged stuff - he gave us our granddaughter's luggage for a 10 day stay, and we gave him the things that I had found that were his from our house, including his portfolio of art, his trophies and ribbons and so on.

Just as we were leaving, we saw someone turn into the cemetery and it turned out to be the lady from the D.A.R. who had been on vacation and so hadn't responded to my emails. So we went back to the cemetery and had the ceremony.

Then we both left Henderson.

We did get back to Leonardtown before dark, and had an early dinner at Arizona Pizza before going back to the house.

Tomorrow we are going to Colton's Point