Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers

201 North Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, 27948, United States
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Days Inn Oceanfront Wright Brothers

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member cbbjr

We stayed for one night in room 226. It was a king suite with a kitchenette. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the room as well as the amenities. It seemed like a great place to stay with kids. The coach pulled out into a sofabed. They provided cups, coffee mugs, basic pots and pans and a colander. Outside the room there are two quaint Hampton-esque chairs to enjoy the breeze.

Everything was clean and well-maintained. I didn't hear any other guests except a child who ran back and forth in the hallway for a few minutes...but I think you would have heard this child in a Four Seasons.

When we return to the Outerbanks we will consider staying here again.

Great place to stay for seeing the outer banks!!! Great staff, good breakfast,

by TripAdvisor Member tyler52

This is an excellent location for visiting the Outer Banks!. The staff is excellent, very accomodating, and the breakfast is great!

The rooms are small, but we were only there at night. We will stay here on our next visit. It is right on the beach and easy to find!
Great deal!

Great older motel stay in the Outer Banks

by TripAdvisor Member rwinohio

Wife and I stay here for a couple of nights during our travels of the great beaches of the Outer banks. Our room was clean and appeared to have been updated in the recent past. The staff was very friendly to us. Has a nice beachfront. Its minutes from the Wright Brothers site of the first flight, which we check out on one of our mornings here. Would stay here again someday if were the area.

Great Property

by TripAdvisor Member candl20

We stayed there for two nights and really enjoyed the beach and local area. This is a unique hotel because in addition to the usual hotel rooms it has acquired several adjacent properties. We will definitely look into staying in one of the cottages with extended family.

Great location. The hotel is oceanfront with about 8 rooms facing the ocean. Most of the rest of the rooms will have a view of the dunes or beach from the outside balcony. Short walk over the dunes to a nice clean guarded beach. Short drive to the Wright brothers monument, which was very interesting. The room was well equipped with a coffee maker, fridge, and safe. The pool is very large but near the road, with some road noise. There is a concrete wall for privacy, so it's not too bad. The breakfast was OK, somewhat crowded but it's great to get a free breakfast for the family.

Overall, great value and great location.

Living the Dream

by TripAdvisor Member Dianeyz

We just returned from 4 days at the Days Inn Oceanfront. This was the third time we have stayed at this hotel, and we'll never stay anywhere else. This was the first time we were given a beachfront room, and though all of the rooms are charming, it was wonderful to hear the ocean from our bed. This was also the first time we were given a kitchenette; for $100 a night, we were not expecting that convenience. The staff was fabulous and cheerful. The decor in the lobby is warm and cozy, in contrast to the usual tiki style you find at the shore. The complimentary breakfast was well-stocked with fresh fruit, and at 3pm, they put out free cookies and cold lemonade. It's amazing how a small detail like that can make a difference (and bring you up from the big, wide beach)! We enjoyed sitting in the comfortable wooden adirondack chairs outside our front door and letting the Outer Banks breeze cool our sunburns.

The only drawback this trip was the amount of cigarette debris we found on the beach. A public-access area, that is to be expected; however, there was a patch of sand directly in front of our room that was terribly littered. It would have been great if at least that area was kept clean. I actually went out there a few mornings to pick up the debris so it wouldn't bother me throughout the day! But this was honestly a charming, wonderful hotel and we would never stay anyplace else.

Okay, If you're on a tight budget...

by TripAdvisor Member jwong2

... but otherwise, I would stay somewhere else.

Stayed at the Days Inn Oceanfront this past weekend with my husband, two young kids (ages 1 and 4), and husband's parents. It was the in-laws' first trip to the Outer Banks. We booked two rooms on the Days Inn website, both non-smoking, each with two double beds. Upon check-in, they gave us two rooms at the front of the hotel. They were dusty and smoky. The clerk tried to tell us that they were the only rooms available. What happened to the non-smoking reservation, made in advance?? She wanted to ignore it. After we strongly insisted upon being moved to another room, she gave us keys to more smoking rooms... It took four tries before she finally gave us the non-smoking rooms we had reserved.

Overall, this property isn't bad for the price, but it could do with some deep cleaning and updating. Carpets are dirty and getting worn out, our shower stall was moldy, and the air conditioner had two functional temperatures: off and frigid. The entire place had an old, musty smell. The rooms are also *extremely* small. We could barely open the door with the baby's pack 'n play set up, and had to climb over luggage to get into the bathroom. Still, the employees (aside from the initial clerk at check in) were all friendly and helpful, the breakfast was well-stocked, with plenty of fresh food being laid out as needed, the location is convenient, and the price was relatively inexpensive. It is also right on the beach - a definite advantage over some of the other hotels/motels in the area.

Great Location, Super Clean and great Rates

by TripAdvisor Member Jettsetter

This hotel was so clean, better than a lot of 5 star hotels that we have stayed in. Great Bed, Clean linen, new carpet, no ripped curtains and spotless bathroom. The lobby very nice and cosy with afternoon apple cider and cookies in front of an open fireplace. Breakfast was great as much as you want of bagels, toast, cereal, waffles, juice. Tea and coffee 24 hours a day. At $70 p/n for a king room there were no complaints from us and you are a 30 second walk to the beach. Would recommend to familys and couples.

Loved The Day's Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Bamaoats

I work for the Town Of Kill Devil Hills, NC Public Services/Streets
Department as a Laborer. Me and My Wife Nellie needed a place to Stay for the night because we were invited to an Employees Christmas Party that was to be held in Kill Devil Hills, NC at 7:00 PM on Friday Dec. 14, 2007 at Miko Mike's Seafood Restaurant.

I went to the Day's Inn Hotel on my lunch break and to my surprise they had plenty rooms available. I can't believe that we got an Oceanfront room for only $43.00 which during the Peak Tourist Season costs $179.00- $189.00 per day (Double Occupancy) Rate!

To God be The Glory! That was Truly A Blessing! Amen! Amen! Amen!

I would Highly Recommend The Days's Inn of Kill Devil Hills , NC

The Staff Provided Me and My Wife "Outstanding Customer Services! They
even gave us a Free Breakfast the next morning!

Thank You'll!
Best Regards!
Mr. Garfield Callens

Exceeded Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member WirZwei

We got this room at an excellent price during the offseason (early Feb). In fact, the price was so good, we had some honest fears about the condition of the hotel.

But there was no need for any worry at all. This is a charming hotel, right on the beach - an awesome location. Everything was neat and clean, breakfast was good, and the staff was helpful. The rooms are on the small side, however. But if you're going to OBX, you're goal is to be outside anyway!

Awesome value and we'll plan on returning again.

Great hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member VBgal78

To be honest I was a little concerned about the hotel based on its outside appearance when we drove up to it. Upon entering the lobby however, my fears were quickly put to ease as the outside does not do the inside justice. The lobby was very nice and inviting. The desk attendant was pleasent and seemed like she honestly wanted to help us enjoy our stay in the area. Our room was cleaner than any other hotel I have stayed at. Obviously the cleaning staff was very maticulous as it would appear that no one had ever occupied the room before us. I really liked having 2 entry doors into the room. One led outside and the other to the lobby. The bed was ok for what it was. I am biased here as I have back problems and normally sleep on a bed custom made for my issue. I am never really comfortable outside my own bed at home. So, a mattress that is just ok for me may be great to someone else. When we return I would stay at the hotel again as the price was exceptionally low considering the high quality of our stay. I strongly recommend this hotel, you won't be dissappointed.

Comments