Southern Inn Lumberton

Southern Inn Lumberton
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• JckNSally13's Profile Photo

Horrible

I would never recommend this hotel to an enemy. The manager is a shifty character and a cheat! We came into NC and stopped at the visitors center and picked up a hotel coupon book. The Southern Inn advertised rooms for $32.99 with an additional charge of $5.00 on Friday and Saturday. It seemed to have okay reviews when I looked it up on my cell phone. When we arrived I asked if we could please see the rooms before making any decisions and the owner said that was fine and told me the rate for the room was $75.99. My mouth dropped to the floor when he said the price. #1 It wasn't worth that on its best day, #2 there is no pool, or continental breakfast. I proceeded to tell him that I had the coupon for the $32.99 and he said he will not accept the coupon on holidays and that day was a holiday. Again my mouth dropped to the floor. I asked him ever so nicely what holiday he thought it was???? He told me in a very blunt and rude way that "school is out"! I said, "you mean to tell me school being out is a holiday?". Yep he said.

Besides the fact that the manager/owner who was Middle Eastern/Indian was a rude horses rear end, the rooms we looked at were disgusting. One was smoking, one was non-smoking. You could not tell the difference between either. The carpet on the floor was sticky/grimy and it was nasty. IN addition to the rooms smelling like a 10 year old ashtray, they also smelled like mold. I have read some sites that say this is newly remodeled. Not unless new was 1970/1980's. It was horrible. I did not stay there and never would.

Unique Quality: No Pool
    No Unique qualities unless a jerk owner is unique.

Comments