Southern Inn Lumberton

Family Travel Budget Travel Road Trip
See Amenities
JckNSally13's Profile Photo

Horrible

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 24, 2012

I would never recommend this hotel to an enemy. The manager is a shifty character and a cheat! We came into NC and stopped at the visitors center and picked up a hotel coupon book. The Southern Inn advertised rooms for $32.99 with an additional charge of $5.00 on Friday and Saturday. It seemed to have okay reviews when I looked it up on my cell phone. When we arrived I asked if we could please see the rooms before making any decisions and the owner said that was fine and told me the rate for the room was $75.99. My mouth dropped to the floor when he said the price. #1 It wasn't worth that on its best day, #2 there is no pool, or continental breakfast. I proceeded to tell him that I had the coupon for the $32.99 and he said he will not accept the coupon on holidays and that day was a holiday. Again my mouth dropped to the floor. I asked him ever so nicely what holiday he thought it was???? He told me in a very blunt and rude way that "school is out"! I said, "you mean to tell me school being out is a holiday?". Yep he said.

Besides the fact that the manager/owner who was Middle Eastern/Indian was a rude horses rear end, the rooms we looked at were disgusting. One was smoking, one was non-smoking. You could not tell the difference between either. The carpet on the floor was sticky/grimy and it was nasty. IN addition to the rooms smelling like a 10 year old ashtray, they also smelled like mold. I have read some sites that say this is newly remodeled. Not unless new was 1970/1980's. It was horrible. I did not stay there and never would.

Unique Quality: No Pool
No Unique qualities unless a jerk owner is unique.

Nearby Southern Inn Lumberton

Amenities at Southern Inn Lumberton

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lumberton Travel Forum

Need advice about Lumberton, North Carolina? Visit the Travel Forum for Lumberton and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lumberton hotel reviews

Hampton Inn Lumberton, N.C.
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review