814 HIGHWAY 64 EAST, Manteo, NC 27954

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Fake Half-Timbering

I have not stayed here, but I took a couple of pictures from the car because I thought this fake half-timbered architectural style was so funny and out of place.

Roanoke Island makes a really big deal of the first settlement and the first English child (Virginia Dare) born here. If it isn't Raleigh or Dare, it is Elizabeth.

More about Elizabethan Inn

Need Help with Vacation Plans

by HAPPYGERL

I am planning on taking a small vacation (about 4 - 5 days) to NC in June. I am planning on going to Mt Airy for about a day and then heading to the beach. I am not sure what beach to go to. I need one that will be close, but I would really like a small town kind of atmosphere without crowds of people. A friend of mine reccommended Beaufort but it looks pretty far. I would love to see a light house. My 15 year old daughter will be going with me, so some attractions she might enjoy. Wild horses would also be great! Any suggestions?

by riorich55

If you are staying in Mt Airy it is going to be some distances to the Atlantic Ocean. But with that being said you really didn't say that you needed to go to a beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Are you willing to go to a beach by a larger lake? Which direction from Mt Airy are you willing to head and how far are you willing to travel? Answers to those questions will help to narrow the range and choices.

by HAPPYGERL

Hi Riorich,
I would like to go to the Atlantic Ocean, I am coming from Cincinnati, Ohio. Maybe it would be better if I went to the ocean first and then go to Mt Airy on my way home. Thank you very much for your reply and your help!

by FarmerFun

Go to Manteo, NC. The Outer Banks are close by and light houses are plentiful. June is "Schools Out" and prices might be higher. I've stayed in several places that were reasonable and had one literally, 'touching the water,' from the room. Fishing piers were near and beaches as good or bad as you wish. Manteo is surrounded by water but it is a bridge away from good beaches. And if you get hurt a cousin flies Dare County Medivac out of there.;-))Wright Brother, Kitty Hawk is just up the road. That might be attractive if you have a bicycle shop in Dayton, OH. I don't remember Wild Horses South of Assateague, Md or VA. Eastern Shore. Of course, Dare County is named for Virginia Dare, 1st known Anglo child born in the New World before even Jamestown, VA.

Comments