Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast

AMOMA.com

More about Sobotta Manor Bed & Breakfast

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member alandkarin

We went a little out of our way to stay at the Sobotta based on the reviews of other guests and were not disappointed in the least. The job that the Hesters did in fixing up the house and turning it into a B&B is first class right down to every detail. Robin is a gracious hostess and a gourmet cook.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member topzephyr

He like B&Bs. This one is now at the top of our list. The house is great, the food excellent, and Robin is a Gracious hostess.
We spent three nights, and are eager to visit with her again.

Felt like home...

by TripAdvisor Member JBfromSD

We stayed at Sobotta Manor for business, but the warm environment and welcoming host made it feel more like a trip for fun. The rooms are comfortable -- linens and bed itself are top rate -- and the food superb. I recommend Sobotta Manor.

Wonderful, relaxing visit to Mount Airy

by TripAdvisor Member ocracokewaves

Robin has done a masterful job of turning one of Mount Airy's most unique homes into the nicest bed and breakfast that I have ever visited.

She is a gracious host and provides an amazing breakfast.

We were especially impressed with the gardens. She has created a peaceful green oasis within walking distance of Mount Airy's charming main street.

We even enjoyed sampling the fantastic homegrown tomatoes that Robin is growing along the edge of her driveway.

Amazing One Night Getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member abeautifulknight

We were greeted when we arrived. We left for dinner and when we returned, the bed was turned down, mints on the pillow, and peaceful music was playing. We had an amazing one night getaway that was perfect from start to finish.

Work called us away very early the next morning, earlier than breakfast is usually served, but Robin made sure that we would not leave on empty stomachs. She got up early to prepare us yogurt and fruit, and berry muffins.

Our room was on the first floor with all the charm of a victorian home. We had our own entrance, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean.

Needless to say, we had a wonderful time.

One of our best B&B experiences

by TripAdvisor Member NickOUSA

Sobotta was a great B&B stay. It's very close to "downtown" Mt. Airy and convenient to visiting all the area has to offer. Robin was a very gracious host, providing insight on wineries to visit and local attractions that we would have otherwise missed. And you have to love "Cher-bear", the wonderful little Bichopoo!

The house itself has been wonderfully maintained and the rooms are large - I wish we had taken more time to explore the gardens. Breakfast was out of this world all three days of our stay.

Loved our stay

by TripAdvisor Member eagle28277

We were renewing our wedding vows and wanted a nice, relaxing place to get-away from four kids. Our stay here really was just what we wanted. Robin took care of flowers, chocolates, a dinner reservation and even two tickets to a local production at teh playhouse. Robin and Junior are veru warm, inviting hosts. The breakfast is absolutely wonderful. I ate far too much, but loved every bite. I highly recommend the Sobotta Manor B&B for a relaxing get away!

A weekend to remember

by TripAdvisor Member nosandspurs

The Sobotta is absolutely the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Robin truly has the gift of "hospitality". She is a wonderful cook and a gracious host. Everyone here follows her example in making you feel welcome. Right down to the two, four legged friends, Clayton and Cher. They are always ready and willing to snuggle. The Sobotta is located within walking distance of most of the major attractions in town. My husband and I enjoyed Mount Airy. It is truly a place that you want to visit. This town is a wonderful place where you can take the time to stop and smell the roses.

Visit My Birth Place

by TripAdvisor Member frigidaire

My wonderful husband surprised me with a birthday trip to my birth place, Mount Airy, NC. My parents moved away when I was two years old. That was 58 years ago 7/31. The stay at the Sobotta Manor more than exceeded our expectations. Robin & Jr are wonderful host and hostess. Clayton & Cher were also delightful. Jr played golf with my husband at the country club that my father belonged to in 1947. He is 87 now living in Florida. My parents were excited about our visit for the 1st time to Mount Airy. The Sobotta family lived in town on the same street as my parents. Again the gardens, brunch, visits in the kitchen will never be forgotten. We are already planning our next visit to the Sobotta .Hope you see you soon Robin & Jr.

.Carole & Jerry

Outstanding Accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member Support_the_Arts

Everything was first rate - the hosts, the breakfasts, the rooms, the convenience to downtown, the knowledge of the area wineries. Everything you wish for in the B&B experience and more!

Comments